Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Good, FREE web hosting!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

Good, FREE web hosting! Empty
PostSubject: Good, FREE web hosting!   Good, FREE web hosting! Icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2009 - 18:12

Hey guys, while searching around for a new web host for Tabletop Geeks I came across a site that's offering free webhosting with NO ADS. It's got support for all the necessary stuff that comes with real paid hosting including mysql, php, and ftp access. You get 1.5GB of storage and 100GB of bandwidth a month.

I know I've seen a lot of people here complaining about free hosting being full of ads or running really crappy. This might be worth a shot.

It's here: http://www.000webhost.com/228706.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
MonkeyShaman
General
General
MonkeyShaman

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Good, FREE web hosting!   Good, FREE web hosting! Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2010 - 11:48

Why haven't I seen this before?!
Always wanted an excuse to learn ruby Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.ministryowaaagh.site50.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Good, FREE web hosting!   Good, FREE web hosting! Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2010 - 15:13

I use google sites and it works pretty well for websites, but it wont host a site I think. I dont know of they offer the kind of services you are looking for either, but I thought I'd at least throw it out there Smile
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Good, FREE web hosting!   Good, FREE web hosting! Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2010 - 15:16

Google sites is okay for incredibly simple things, but you have very little control over the site itself. I use Google sites mainly for hosting small files like forum avatars or screenshots of video game characters to show off to people.

A real webhost gives you full ftp access, php, databases, and a ton more. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Good, FREE web hosting!   Good, FREE web hosting! Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2010 - 15:19

Ahaaa, I see Smile

I am not that experienced with sites and The Den of Damnation is my first site ever, and yeah, it is quite simple too.

I have several books of how to create real sites but when I get to deciphering codes and stuff I just give up Razz
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Good, FREE web hosting!   Good, FREE web hosting! Icon_minitimeWed 6 Jan 2010 - 15:25

Well, it's not incredibly easy, but it's far easier than it used to be. The best way to go about it for a beginner (which I'd still consider myself) is to use something like wordpress. You simply copy the wordpress files over to your server, go to your page and enter in a few details, and it's set up and ready to go. At that point you don't need to actually mess with all the messy code or anything. Of course, if you want to get into it more they give you the control you need to do a LOT of things. There are a ton of free themes out there to make your site look different as well.

Of course, it all depends on what you want to do with the site. I'm sure there are plenty of other pre-built website packages out there, but wordpress is the one I am most familiar with.

Tabletop Geeks is running on Wordpress MU (Multi-User, which allows you to create multiple "blogs", I'm using that for the new part of the site coming soon). I've done some editing to the wordpress MU code to suit my needs, as well as added a bunch of various plugins to achieve the things I want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good, FREE web hosting!   Good, FREE web hosting! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good, FREE web hosting!
Page 1 of 1