Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money???

Go down 
+6
DeafNala
Cavonius
Drugart
Mo!
WarbossKurgan
SeiFeR-NL
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Bretonnians (Unofficial) Bretonnians (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Empty
PostSubject: Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money???   house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov 2009 - 15:20

I was wondering how you guys felt about the following building:
house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? FortifiedManorHouse
I can buy it for 34 pounds (35 euro's) Do you guys think it's worth that much... or could i better spent that money on a Hirst mold???
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money???   house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov 2009 - 15:25

While I love the kit and all the stuff that comes with it, it's really not that great for Mordheim on it's own.

As a source of details for scratch-built ruins it is fantastic but don't expect it to meet all your Mordheim scenery needs!

Check out this thread!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Mo!
Ancient
Ancient

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money???   house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov 2009 - 21:57

I have seen people turn it into nice scenery for mordheim... with my stock of bitz and bobs whe could really make a whole lot of awesome stuff!
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money???   house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 0:15

I think it is a great piece of terrain, but as the others said, not what you are thinking.....However comma you can make it that way with some snips here and there and some creativity!
Back to top Go down
Cavonius
Champion
Champion
Cavonius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money???   house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 13:31

I think the box is great!

Lots and lots of nice details for buildings, and some nice wallas.

And the house and tower can easely be rebouilt for mordheim.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lokan.org
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money???   house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 13:48

One of the problems I've found with GW's accessory thingys & vehicles is that they tend toward the too small size. While I haven't had the opportunity to use the Fantasy stuff, I have used the Cities of Death sets; mixed with other building materials like foamboard, the nicely detailed plastic pieces can REALLY enhance a model.
That said, the reason I've yet to use the Manor, even with ALL the COOL bits it comes with, is it's WAY OUT OF MY PRICE RANGE. house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Suspect
Back to top Go down
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money???   house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Icon_minitimeTue 3 Nov 2009 - 14:11

DeafNala wrote:
One of the problems I've found with GW's accessory thingys & vehicles is that they tend toward the too small size. While I haven't had the opportunity to use the Fantasy stuff, I have used the Cities of Death sets; mixed with other building materials like foamboard, the nicely detailed plastic pieces can REALLY enhance a model.
That said, the reason I've yet to use the Manor, even with ALL the COOL bits it comes with, is it's WAY OUT OF MY PRICE RANGE. house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Suspect

Well i think 34 euro's isn't that much... the price it sells here in the stores is around 70 or 80 euro's.
So it's alot cheaper if i order it there... But i am not to sure if it will blend in.
Back to top Go down
Kapitan_Hak
Veteran
Veteran
Kapitan_Hak

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money???   house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Icon_minitimeSun 8 Nov 2009 - 11:17

I own this piece of scenery, though I haven't assembled it yet house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Icon_wink. Someone asked me once to take some photos of the sprues, so I post them here - I hope they'll help you to decide whether it's worth buying or not house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Icon_smile:

house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Th_P1130335house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Th_P1130336house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Th_P1130337house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Th_P1130338house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Th_P1130339house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Th_P1130340house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Th_P1130341house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Th_P1130342house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Th_P1130343house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Th_P1130344house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Th_P1130345house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Th_P1130346house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Th_P1130347

Last edited by Kapitan_Hak on Sun 8 Nov 2009 - 16:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correcting links)
Back to top Go down
http://hakostwo.blogspot.com
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money???   house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Icon_minitimeSun 8 Nov 2009 - 12:01

$75 is a bit much but as noted by others you can put it with other terrain and make it really neat.
Back to top Go down
Kapitan_Hak
Veteran
Veteran
Kapitan_Hak

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money???   house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Icon_minitimeSun 8 Nov 2009 - 16:23

I've noticed that something's gone wrong with the links, but it's corrected now. Sorry for inconvenience Wink.
Back to top Go down
http://hakostwo.blogspot.com
akrimpen
Warrior
Warrior
akrimpen

PostSubject: Re: Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money???   house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009 - 12:25

Recently I got the GW watch tower as a birth day present. I assembled it into two 'halves', each one consisting of two walls. The interior was custom made with balsa wood, resulting in two very use full Mordheim buildings. For pictures (and shameless blog propaganda): http://somegamers.blogspot.com/2009/10/two-towers.html
Back to top Go down
http://http;//www.eurogt.org
SeiFeR-NL
Warlord
Warlord
SeiFeR-NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money???   house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Icon_minitimeFri 13 Nov 2009 - 12:35

akrimpen wrote:
Recently I got the GW watch tower as a birth day present. I assembled it into two 'halves', each one consisting of two walls. The interior was custom made with balsa wood, resulting in two very use full Mordheim buildings. For pictures (and shameless blog propaganda): http://somegamers.blogspot.com/2009/10/two-towers.html

Do you have pictures from the backside?
Back to top Go down
akrimpen
Warrior
Warrior
akrimpen

PostSubject: Re: Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money???   house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009 - 19:21

I've uploaded some pictures of the inside here.
Back to top Go down
http://http;//www.eurogt.org
BrandNew SheNeY

BrandNew SheNeY

PostSubject: Re: Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money???   house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov 2009 - 19:44

It is so cool looking, but sadly it's to small to fit in with the rest of my terrain. I'd say for normal Warhammer Fantasy it's fine because you need that room to maneuver your troops but in Mordheim it's just to small.

Awesome bitz though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money???   house - Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fortified Manor House - Worth it's money???
Page 1 of 1