Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Ork tactics

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Ork tactics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ork tactics   Ork tactics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2009 - 15:15

oh i meant assault weapons, i thought they could only shoot when the squad actually assaulted.. can a big shoota shoot when the squad runs regularly?
(and with the ork WAAAGH! ability, all orks get fleet for a turn Very Happy yay! unless you roll 1 on the run roll, then they kill themselves Razz)
Back to top Go down
Paluke
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Paluke

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Ork tactics   Ork tactics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2009 - 22:17

i asked my roommate (he is a good 40k player) and its like this:

you may move in the move phase. then chose in the shooting phase to either shoot (with weapons that have assault) or run d6 inch. not both. but if you shoot, you can assault (charge) in the assault phase. if you run you cannot assault in the assault phase. Smile hope it clears up some things! pretty complicated though ...
Back to top Go down
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ork tactics   Ork tactics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 0:55

Oh yeah that's what i thought Smile That's why i haven't bought them, i'd rather run 1d6" closer to my enemy than have 1 boy shoot Razz
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Ork tactics   Ork tactics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 6:27

Paluke wrote:
i asked my roommate (he is a good 40k player) and its like this:

you may move in the move phase. then chose in the shooting phase to either shoot (with weapons that have assault) or run d6 inch. not both. but if you shoot, you can assault (charge) in the assault phase. if you run you cannot assault in the assault phase. Smile hope it clears up some things! pretty complicated though ...
Partially correct... he forgot to mention Fleet.

Warhammer 40k Rulebook, page 75, 1st Column, 3rd Entry wrote:
FLEET: There are many variants of this rule: Fleet of Foot, Fleet of Claw, even Fleet of Hoof. Title aside, all models with these abilities are treated the same. A unit with this rule may assault in the same turn in which it has run.

So to simplify and setup the complete information, the 40k turn go like.
  1. Movement Phase: Units move, typically up to 6".
  2. Shooting Phase: Units may shoot their weapons OR run a distance of D6" (no unit can shoot and run!)
  3. Assault Phase: Units that have not shot OR that have shot weapons with the 'Assault' characteristics may move up to 6" to get in base-to-base contact with an enemy model and start Close Combat.
  4. Units that ran may not Assault, unless they have the Fleet characteristic.

It is to note that Fleet in 4th edition is what Run is now in 5th Edition... few units had the choice of not shooting and moving D6". Now (in 5th Edition) every unit has this choice... thus, those with Fleet may move, run and assault. Potentially, that is an 18" move... you could get some units close QUICK! Hope this puts the whole assault in perspective. Paluke, tell your roommate before he gets into trouble! Razz

Now, Orks.... none of them have Fleet. This means that is you Move, you can shot all your Assault Weapons fine (and then Assault as normal). Shootas & Big Shootas are Assault weapons. Now, if you decide to Run instead of shooting, you move a D6" and you can NOT Assault. For Orks, running is the fastest way to get killed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordheimer.com
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Ork tactics   Ork tactics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2009 - 7:31

Mordheimer wrote:
For Orks, running is the fastest way to get killed.

And kill Wink haha...
And Orks can have fleet for a single turn (not the first) if they use the WAAAGH! ability yay! Can come pretty handy when the opponent is JUST too far away for the assault Wink
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Mordheimer

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Ork tactics   Ork tactics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct 2009 - 3:03

Yes... forgot the Waaagh! gives Fleet. I'm NOT an Ork player... so I'm excused! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.mordheimer.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ork tactics   Ork tactics - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ork tactics
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2