Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

My own little corner of Mordheim...

Go down 
+130
Bolbotos
Fat Rat
qazbnm
monkeylite
Captain Ludwig of Altdorf
Lion01
Pyyr
JoaoS
wanna993
Arli
Jerry_O
theomar pius
neuh
Spectre76
Da Great MC
cobaltearthgem
thecandlelit chopshop
chaos wolf
Ser Tasnica
RobinTrevize
Vagabond
oseru
Drenengar
oldschoolgameroo
Joshua Von Wolkestadt
DrHobo
Dasgnom
LAZtheinfamous
opaque
Ordo Septenarius
5pointer
Gardamazh
Ninja Goblin
Macefist
Theorox
Krolog da Facemangolor
SerialMoM
Tintin
HarryMason
hexenjagar
Krataeros
Milliardo
FKSN
Grimscull
Narcissus
Tewfik
Speckie
Soulblight
Plague Docter
WarbossKurgan
Kapitan_Hak
death comes to all
Rudeboy
Ezekiel
superscenic
floedebolle
Skavenblight
franzyland
Mr.chair
drakkol
Nerje
Captain Bernhardt
vampirekhaine
widgren
MTD
Von Kurst
SiliconSicilian
Ashton
Kaptain BlackSquig
XIII
Judo
Pirexian
werekin
shanks
Hasselt
mweaver
CygnusMaximus
Pretaboire
MonkeyShaman
Pablo_El_Marques
crouching lictor
whisper2053
Mithras
JessicaCastro
Paluke
dalanshin
Your Mum's Warband
Goonstah
Mr_Sinister
kidbone
garathiel
frog
KRUG_666
magokiron
Paintedpain
Cavonius
Powerposey
Yitu
eternaldream
Johann Cocaine
si
Duce
perfesser
No Time
justizius
Mordheimer
Da Bank
Aldhick
SeiFeR-NL
matt
Jadex
Gobbo Freak
Popmouth
Figgy
pascal the rascal
black mantis
Kaptain Dedgob
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Ash
Pfreck
Tagnator
HornedRat
Drugart
And
Nurgle's Bratwurst Bugle
lord siwoc
DeafNala
Lanyssa Ryssyll
cianty
Boreas_NL
134 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
pascal the rascal
Ancient
Ancient
pascal the rascal

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec 2010 - 22:32

i love your idea for including a pigeon loft, but 4 shields and 4 statues underneath a pigeon hold ... might seem to be just a tad over the top ? Or is it just me ?
Of course that doesn't diminish any of your excellent modelling skills and idea tank.
Just keep going my friend !
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 17 Dec 2010 - 0:39

VERY FANCY Pigeon Cote...how appropriate with ALL the statues. BEAUTIFULLY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010 - 22:12

Quote :
i love your idea for including a pigeon loft, but 4 shields and 4 statues underneath a pigeon hold ... might seem to be just a tad over the top ? Or is it just me ?
Of course that doesn't diminish any of your excellent modelling skills and idea tank.
Just keep going my friend !

Quote :
VERY FANCY Pigeon Cote...how appropriate with ALL the statues. BEAUTIFULLY WELL DONE!

Thanks, both of you! I can even tell you the pigeon loft has received it's first layer of paint...

Anyway, I've got a fresh update for you... Not strictly terrain and maybe not even Mordheim, but I think you'll like it anyway.

First up are my new bases. I've got an Engineer themed Empire army (mostly in theory) and I decided I wanted something special for the bases.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 DSCN0796
Plasticard strips, precisely cut, textured and laid out in a brick pattern. I'm going to make some more and create a mold to mass produce them...

And the new project... I had the Mordheim Stagecoach (see, there is some Mordheim in here after all!) lying around for a few years now, started converting it a few times and last weekend I suddenly got a spark of inspiration and came up with this...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 DSCN0798

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 DSCN0791

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 DSCN0793

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 DSCN0794
The largest part is the Mordheim Stagecoach, augmented with plenty of guns (left over from the Empire State Troopers kit) and a load of parts from the Empire Steamtank. I wanted to create some sort of horseless carriage with a distict steampunk look... In games I intend to use it as a part of my unit of Outriders (sort of unit filler), detachement of handgunners (when turned it's roughly the same size base as 10 Handgunners) or as a stand alone unit with it's own set of rules...

As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Dec 2010 - 23:01

Boreas_NL wrote:
I can even tell you the pigeon loft has received it's first layer of paint...

affraid Old Man cluthches chest & crumbles to the floor. Only kidding; I realize your more a modeler than a painter...too bad you live SO FAR AWAY.

GREAT & IMAGINATIVE USE of the plastic Steam Tank & Mordheim Coach...looks MUCH BETTER than either one separately. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
HornedRat
Elder
Elder
HornedRat

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Dec 2010 - 2:23

That is pretty awesome.

I could almost write a whole scenario just for that model!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pbase.com/therat
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010 - 21:19

Quote :
Old Man cluthches chest & crumbles to the floor. Only kidding; I realize your more a modeler than a painter...too bad you live SO FAR AWAY.

GREAT & IMAGINATIVE USE of the plastic Steam Tank & Mordheim Coach...looks MUCH BETTER than either one separately.
Thanks! I'm quite surprised myself to see the result of an evening cutting and glueing... Another small bonus are the left-over bits from the Steam Tank kit, ready to be used in another project.
Just be sure you sit down before you continue further down this post or else there might be another paint induced heart failure...

Quote :
That is pretty awesome.

I could almost write a whole scenario just for that model!
I, for one, would really like to read (and play!) that scenario!

Well, it has been long overdue, but here's some paint!

I've finished my pigeon loft.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 DSCN0799
All finished! The wash of Devlan Mud is still a bit wet in some places.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 DSCN0801
Some last minute details I added... Little plaster skulls to fill the large flat and empty space...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 DSCN0802
Shields, all painted... These give some much needed colour to the board. You can expect to see a lot of those all around the city. The cloaked figures also came out quite nice...

The pigeon loft seems hideously bright and colourful in the pictures (maybe I screwed up the lighting), but it's quite dark in reality (much more in keeping with the rest of the city). Expect a few pics soon of the pigeon loft on the board.

As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Dec 2010 - 21:44

There now, that wasn't SO BAD...the Cote looks TERRIFIC all painted up pretty. This could become a habit worth acquiring. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Ash
General
General
Ash

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010 - 4:10

Very nice but I expected to see a lot bird poop all over the statues? Is that still yet to come?
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2010 - 20:14

I like the steamwagon a lot. I really do. So full of flair. The only thing that looks a little strange are the guns that are just sticking out of the windows. They could have fit into some "joints" like the machine guns of old tanks. Hard to describe for a non-native speaker...
Back to top Go down
Captain Bernhardt
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Captain Bernhardt

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2010 - 22:58

As allways your work keeps on amazing me! I just wished I could reach the same level of quality you do! an applause is in order!!

Ash wrote:
Very nice but I expected to see a lot bird poop all over the statues? Is that still yet to come?

I totally agree! but it's still a very good piece and a very good idea! I might just construct one for my own city.

the steamcoach is also incredibly well thought and incredebly well executed! my only point of critique is that some of the gunners seem to be shooting pigeons instead of the enemy

doe zo voort!! My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 544694
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Feb 2011 - 15:40

As most (if not all) of my hobby time goes to my Empire army at the moment, this thread has fallen silent...

But not for long! I've enlisted in the 'Tale of Terrain Builders' and soon my Mordheim city will get some well deserved attention. And that's where you come in... I need your help!

For this tale I need to build/paint two pieces a month (multiple smaller pieces counting as one). I have two goals, finishing my Mordheim board (or at least paint more buildings) and get a complete set of terrain for my main table, which measures 1.6M by 2.4M. Both will be done in roughly the same urban style, as I use my Mordheim buildings and statues on my main table too.

The thing is, I can't decide what to start with... I have some decent ideas (mostly hills, low walls and other barricades) but I need some more inspiration. I have plenty of buildings, and more then enough statues (surely a few more wouldn't hurt) but I would like to hear your ideas...

Would it be feasible to have two (multi level) hills connected by a bridge? Any idea's on how I could pull off a forest in a urban environment? I'm also looking to expand the existing rules on scenery, something akin to what can be used in Cities of Death for 40K... As said, I have some ideas of my own, but I would like your input...
Back to top Go down
FKSN
Warlord
Warlord
FKSN

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Feb 2011 - 16:02

For an urban forest, how modular and "non-invasive" must it be? If you're willing to base some larger pieces around it, imagine a wood elf invasion of an imperial city. Giant trees sprouting up out of the ground, straight through buildings and everything. Giant thorny vines snaking through cracking ruins. Every watersource is like the ground zero of an explosion of greenery and colorful flowers.

Or you could just make a walled-in park, landscaped to perfection with cute little streams, gazebos and fruit trees Razz

Edit: As for inspiration on expanding your Mordheim table - What part of the city do you envision this being? Since it's so many large buildings, with so many statues, I see it as a fairly rich quarter. Maybe contrast that with shanties and tents in the squares, as if refugees have flocked to the city, and been quaranteened where an eye can be kept on them.

Alternatively, would a marketplace fit in with the rest of your stuff? Market stands selling pottery, fruit, meat, etc.

Some movies worth checking out for inspiration, off the top of my head:
Flesh + Blood
Gangs of New York
Possibly Hellboy 2 for the goblin market
Rome and Spartacus, both TV series.

Best of luck going forward, mate!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Feb 2011 - 17:31

A few years ago I did a few Mordheim tables for erstwhile friend Monkey Head Mac. One of the boards was a shared space with St. Voller's Cemetery being swappable with the Steinhardt Memorial Garden. Since pieces had to be able to be replaced by ones of the alternate setting, I made them modular. The Garden was once an incredible collection of exotic flora. When the comet hit, the warping effect turned all that foliage feral...one 100' now carnivorous Oak uprooted itself & wandered over to the West Gate to munch on those trying to escape the city. You can find details in T.C.#23.
BIG CREEPY trees would fit nicely with your Stirlanders...in the Mordheim period Stirland bordered on/later owned Sylvania. Spooky Forests are rather endemic to the area. While big trees may seem an encumbrance to war game armies, they are quite the opposite...their height makes the ground under them more accessible & their width leaves more open space than smaller trees. I've got a couple of photos of my Spooky Forest in my Maudeheim thread.
BTW a take off on The Gangs of New York {The Gangs of Mordheim} appears in T.C.#26 (i think).
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Feb 2011 - 18:55

Awesome coach, love the guns!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011 - 20:53

With all the Empire related activity going on I could almost forget about this little corner of Mordheim...

Almost... As I'm starting work on the 'Tale of Terrain Builders' over on Warseer I decided to add some extra details to my board. Nothing major but cool details nonetheless!

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 DSCN0999
Six supports I made, using some large cloaked figures. These will be used to 'break up' the bits of bare wall...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 DSCN1000
With a mini for scale... I also added some plaster shields above the alcoves with the statues. All four quarters of the board received the same treatment.

I also started work on a big statue of the Emperor, complete with fence, I also had to replace several statues, as the models were drafted in my Empire army. As soon as those are done, I'll get you some more pics.

Thanks for watching! As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011 - 21:04

NICE ADDITIONS! With all the statuary you need a Were Pigeon haunting the ruins. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun 20 Feb 2011 - 21:23

Now that you are recycling things, I'm glad your Mordheim suffered so lightly from the comet! Cool

Nice use of those buttresses from Witchfane or whatever its called. They work much better with your scenery than the tower they come with.
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011 - 21:38

Thanks for the feedback!

And now for a little update...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 DSCN1003
Some other small details... A small decoration above the sewer gates.

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 DSCN1002

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 DSCN1001
And the start of what is to be my statue of the Emperor! A little more elaborate than most of my other statues but using the same style so it will blend in without problems. This will be one on my entries for 'The Tale'.

Thanks for watching! As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Feb 2011 - 23:09

The sewer looks cool...in its own disgusting way. Much as I like breaking your horns about all the statuary, yo have a real flair for the genre. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Milliardo
General
General
Milliardo

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Feb 2011 - 3:27

I've had your thread bookmarked from it's beginning, and I just have to say that its an inspiration. I've been planning on making my own city for a long time now, an elf city done with a lot of the Greek and Roman Hirst Art molds, and slowly amassing ideas for it, and this thread has been one of the primary sources.

There isn't much else I could say that others haven't, but I'll add a yet another 'keep up the good work' to the mix. Great work! :3
Back to top Go down
http://www.ulthuan.net/
Krataeros

Krataeros

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2011 - 0:06

boreas, lets say that i have enough money to buy 2 hirst arts molds, which ones do you think i should buy to make your type of buildings?
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011 - 21:55

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote :
boreas, lets say that i have enough money to buy 2 hirst arts molds, which ones do you think i should buy to make your type of buildings?
Well, my buildings are mostly made with plasticard and balsa wood and they contain little or no plaster blocks at all... On the other hand, my board is made entirely from plaster blocks. For my board I used a lot of molds but these two would be my first buy:
Gothic Dungeon Builder (this is a really nice mold, including various nice details, arches and basic blocks)
Prison Tower (nice details, arches and some blocks)
After that, there are various good molds, depending on what you want to build and the size of the project.

And now for a little update...

Here are the two wall sections I've been working on...
My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 DSCN1022
As you can see, they are built in the same style as the rest of my walls, only lower. Making those fences is a lot of work (I almost forgot that)! I already made three fences for one section of wall, the other four will be made soon...
There will be some more of these lower and longer wall sections, primarily for my main table, but also usable on my Mordheim board...

And some WIP shots of my hills/platforms for my main table...

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 DSCN1015

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 DSCN1019

My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 DSCN1018

They are the first of my new hills... In stead of regular hills I wanted something more in line with my Mordheim board, thus the rectangular shaped platforms. The theme for my main table is supposed to be an Empire village, complete with houses, walls, a 'few' statues, fountain and a tree or two... These platforms will fit right in.

Thanks for watching! As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated, so please let me know what you think...
Back to top Go down
Krataeros

Krataeros

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2011 - 22:21

Those hills are really cool ideas for city terrain, what are you using to fill in the plaster block frame?
Back to top Go down
drakkol
Ancient
Ancient
drakkol

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Mar 2011 - 12:30

Absolutly awsome! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drakkols-workshop/294017540629240
hexenjagar
Warrior
Warrior
hexenjagar

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar 2011 - 10:32

marry me
Back to top Go down
http://kennywilson.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My own little corner of Mordheim...   My own little corner of Mordheim... - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My own little corner of Mordheim...
Page 20 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next