Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Stunned, knocked down bonus question?

Go down 
+2
cianty
Popmouth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Popmouth
Ancient
Ancient
Popmouth

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Kislevites Kislevites
Achievements earned: none

Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Empty
PostSubject: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 11:14

So, say that two skavens fight against one human warrior. The skaven strikes first and manages to stun the human. Now it's time for the second skaven to attack, does i automaticly send the human OOA or does he have to wound as normal, since its the same turn?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 11:16

OOA

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Popmouth
Ancient
Ancient
Popmouth

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 15:44

I thought so. Now I'm sure how to play ^_^
Back to top Go down
Gobbo Freak
Elder
Elder
Gobbo Freak

Trading Reputation : 7

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 17:36

If the human is Stunned, than any warrior who has Charged can take him OOA instantly (not the one that has already attacked ofcourse)???

If the human is KD, than its auto to hit. Only roll for to wound and armour saves. Do you still have to roll injury rolls at this point???
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 17:56

Gobbo Freak wrote:
If the human is Stunned, than any warrior who has Charged can take him OOA instantly (not the one that has already attacked ofcourse)???

Sure.

Gobbo Freak wrote:
If the human is KD, than its auto to hit. Only roll for to wound and armour saves. Do you still have to roll injury rolls at this point???

Nope. Successful to wound roll -> OOA
Back to top Go down
Gobbo Freak
Elder
Elder
Gobbo Freak

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 18:00

Okay, thanks.

Just checking, because we used to change it all the time, since we always forgot what to use at what point.

Do i make sence? Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 18:03

Gobbo Freak wrote:
Do i make sence? Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_razz

Erm... no! Smile
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 18:27

wouldn't the second skaven still have to roll to hit, wound, and roll injuries if both skaven were striking simultaneously (i.e. they had the same initiative, both charged, both had great weapons, etc.)?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 19:07

Myntokk wrote:
wouldn't the second skaven still have to roll to hit, wound, and roll injuries if both skaven were striking simultaneously (i.e. they had the same initiative, both charged, both had great weapons, etc.)?

nope. Smile
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 19:52

cianty wrote:
Myntokk wrote:

nope. Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_smile
Really? So if, technically, my two models are making their attacks at the same time, I get to pick what order they attack in, or does it go to a roll-off (like it would between opponents)?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 21:54

Myntokk wrote:
Really? So if, technically, my two models are making their attacks at the same time, I get to pick what order they attack in, or does it go to a roll-off (like it would between opponents)?

Actually this is an important aspect that is not clarified sufficiently in the rules although it should. I guess with the rewrite of the rules it now is though...

Imagine Hero H and Henchman M charging enemy E. Both H and M have first strike in the first round, so they strike before the enemy. Now, if both have the same Initiative, then you must roll off to see who strikes first. Usually players don't pay much attention to this and just let them make their attacks in the order they declared the charges or at will. However, there is no "simultaneous striking" in Mordheim and the rules clearly state how to proceed this and there is no reason not to strictly determine the order of attack among allies same as between enemies. In fact, it is highly relevant.

If H manages to wound and knock or stun the enemy, then the henchmen M can easily take the victim ooa. However, if M strikes first, then H can auto-kill the victim and gain an experience point for that. The order of attacks is very important because of the possibility of earning experience. It is also relevant to see which Hero gains an XP, if more than one Hero is involved in the combat.
Back to top Go down
Gobbo Freak
Elder
Elder
Gobbo Freak

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 22:52

We usually play that the one closest to E rolls first, because [Orcish] 'E iz first to da scrappin' [/Orcish] Stunned, knocked down bonus question? 40268
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Sep 2009 - 23:40

You mean you measure, compare and remember the distance that all chargers moved to the victim and then resolve attacks in descending order, starting with the model that moved the least?
Back to top Go down
Popmouth
Ancient
Ancient
Popmouth

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009 - 11:31

Sounds difficult to keep track of. Cianty, your point on rolling for who strikes first between your own fighters is very good. Though, if two Henchmen fought in a combat this would be quite unnessecary. So a rule of thumbs would be, as soon as one or more Heroes are ivolved in combat, role to see who strikes first within your own models (if initiative is same).
Or one could play that you may chose who strikes first in these cases. Provides some tactical fun.
Back to top Go down
Lanyssa Ryssyll
Ancient
Ancient
Lanyssa Ryssyll

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009 - 16:11

Popmouth wrote:
Cianty, your point on rolling for who strikes first between your own fighters is very good.

... And that's this way we play, 'cause it helps against those who want to choose to pick easy XP (I mean, your Rat Ogre and your Night Runner charge a marskman, it's easy to see that if the rat ogre didn't kill the man, the Night Runner will achieve him and gain +1 Xp Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_scratch ). So we proceed as follow :
- Attack First
- If both of them have the rule, use the Initiative
- If they have the same Initiative, roll a dice

Logical and easy to understand Stunned, knocked down bonus question? 544694
I like the idea "the one who's closer", but it can't be applicable on all the cases, so I prefer an easier rule which work all the time Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009 - 16:19

It's just the normal rules for detemining order of attackers so you can't go wrong with it. Smile

For henchmen I guess it doesn't matter. However, if they are differently armed, then the player might wish to strike first with the model who has two attacks, see what happens, and then use the one with the low WS but the double-handed weapon to finish the enemy off. You see, even among henchmen the order of attacks can have an impact on the outcome (or so it could be argued) so I'm afraid you'd have to always roll off and never decide. Personally I prefer to add as much option/choice/tactics to the game as possible and keep the number of dice rolls to a minimum. But it could be argued that you get an unfair advantage by choosing freely which henchmen attack first...
Back to top Go down
Gobbo Freak
Elder
Elder
Gobbo Freak

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009 - 16:46

cianty wrote:
You mean you measure, compare and remember the distance that all chargers moved to the victim and then resolve attacks in descending order, starting with the model that moved the least?

No, we don't measure compare and remember. Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Fresse

It's only used when more units charge the same model and then in most cases it's not hard to see which of them was closest to the enemy. When they're about equal distance then we usually determine for ourselves which of them goes first.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009 - 16:52

Alright, Gobbo. Still, it's an interesting concept to detemine strike order by the distance moved... I like that... *makes note* Smile
Back to top Go down
Gobbo Freak
Elder
Elder
Gobbo Freak

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009 - 16:57

Imagine IRL. You see an enemy. You're not going to wait on your mates to come to hit him first, if you are closest by...

You start the fight and your mates will come help you a bit later (once they arrive) Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_cheers

Okay, I have to admit, it sounds a bit odd rulewise Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Myntokk
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Myntokk

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2009 - 18:50

Gotcha, I suppose it makes sense I guess it had just never come up in our group, or if it has then I'm not sure how we handled it.

Rolling off doesn't bother me in the slightest, but allowing players to pick the order seems a bit iffy since there is often a tactical advantage in having one warrior in particular attack after the guy's already down (xp, easier kill, etc.). While it is supposed to be a strategy game, some realism should be involved too, and I doubt that those sorts of things would cross your warriors' minds in the heat of battle ("OK Johnny, you whack him first so I can get an easy kill once he's down and learn some new talents!").
Back to top Go down
Popmouth
Ancient
Ancient
Popmouth

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2009 - 14:26

Still, I hardly see that two friendly warriors (I'm not taking Orcs in consideration right now Wink) would fight to see who would strike first. I mean, either way is fair really, since both can use the tactical benefits when not rolling, and both loses it when rolling. As long as you're consequent it shouldn't matter that much really...
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2009 - 19:19

When it comes to two chargers w/ same initiative (and no bonuses, like spears and junk), our group always handled that the model that was declared as a charger first attackers before the charger that was declared second. It makes it a strategy in itself, really: do I send the henchmen in first, in hope that he'll KD or Stun the model, letting my hero take him out second, or do I send my hero in first and hope he gets the job down first try?

In further rounds, we handle same initiative by a roll off.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stunned, knocked down bonus question?   Stunned, knocked down bonus question? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stunned, knocked down bonus question?
Page 1 of 1