Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Most effective god in chaos Marauders

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hannibalisfun
Youngblood
Youngblood
hannibalisfun

Trading Reputation : 0

Most effective god in chaos Marauders Empty
PostSubject: Most effective god in chaos Marauders   Most effective god in chaos Marauders Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009 - 13:32

I am planing to start a chaos marauder warband for my local mordheim campaign that will be starting up in the next couple of weeks. I have been think about which god to pick and I have been having trouble deciding.

So, I figure I would come over to you guys and see which one of the god seems to be the most effective. Also, If the different play styles of the different gods and their spells list were to come in the discussion that would be awesome.

thanks,
Nik
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Most effective god in chaos Marauders   Most effective god in chaos Marauders Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009 - 15:23

How about choosing the God you personally like best from a fluff perspective? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Most effective god in chaos Marauders   Most effective god in chaos Marauders Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009 - 20:10

I chose Shornaal / Slaanesh because because i like the fluff ... and all the other chaos gods would probably be very hard on their followers - rotting from within, charging madly at anything that moves or exploding from too much spell-energy Very Happy .
From a gaming perspective only khorne / arkhan plays very differently because of the lack of spells. Choose him or have a look at the different spell lists and decide which you like best...
Back to top Go down
hannibalisfun
Youngblood
Youngblood
hannibalisfun

PostSubject: Re: Most effective god in chaos Marauders   Most effective god in chaos Marauders Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009 - 22:34

Cianty from a fluff prospective, I am stuck trying to decided between Nurgle/Onogal and Tzeentch/Tchar. I was hoping something would come from this discussion that would push me one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Most effective god in chaos Marauders   Most effective god in chaos Marauders Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009 - 23:09

Well, as the warband is properly playtested, the gods should be balanced, so it's always personal preference which god you like most and which fits your style of playing best. Thus, it's kind of impossible to say "This god is kick-ass and the rest kind of sucks", because that would mean the warband is not really well designed.

If you want someone to push you one way or the other, you should share your previous experiences with certain warbands, what you like most and what you don't like, etc. If you really love charging head on with your whole warband into a crowd of enemies, Arkhar would be the god for you. If you like it more subtle and with lots of magic, Tchar would be the choice, etc. There's not really a general answer.
Back to top Go down
hannibalisfun
Youngblood
Youngblood
hannibalisfun

PostSubject: Re: Most effective god in chaos Marauders   Most effective god in chaos Marauders Icon_minitimeSun 30 Aug 2009 - 12:28

I guess I am just use to commercial products where only so much can be changed after release. So, the balance tends to be tipped on way or the other for stuff. I hope no took this as an insult.

I guess I will ask a more specific question. Is the leader aspect of Tchar's mark useful? I was just thinking about it and Since he can't cast in armor and does not have access to the warrior mage skill. I was just wondering if people use it very often.

Nik
Back to top Go down
Horatius
Warlord
Warlord
Horatius

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Sisters of Sigmar Sisters of Sigmar
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Most effective god in chaos Marauders   Most effective god in chaos Marauders Icon_minitimeSun 30 Aug 2009 - 12:44

Early in a campaign armour is nearly non-existant so a leader without it is the norm. I played my chieftain without any armour for at least four games and had no problems. For later simply get him a chaos armour (which will allow him to cast spells). I have not tried it since i chose a different god but it should work all right especially if you screen your chieftain with warhounds or marauders - which is always a good tactic.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Most effective god in chaos Marauders   Most effective god in chaos Marauders Icon_minitimeSun 30 Aug 2009 - 12:49

hannibalisfun wrote:
Cianty from a fluff prospective, I am stuck trying to decided between Nurgle/Onogal and Tzeentch/Tchar.

Uh, now that's something. I have been playing Tchar Marauders in the last campaign. Tchar's spells can be quite powerful, but - as all spells - they can be not so stellar.

Tchar's Blessing can be cool but doesn't really mix that well with your other spells.
Dispel Magic can be very useful but most of the time it's useless.
Foresight is awesome unless you determine an Orc Shaman, like I did a couple of times.
Wrath of the Great Eagle tends to be overrated at first sight. It can be good, but only against Henchmen.
Tchar's Reward is my favourite spell. In our campaign I was incredibly lucky as when my Chieftain earned the Mark of Tchar he learned this spell, which is the best thing to possibly happen. It boosts him like crazy. It's great on a Shaman, but insane on a Chieftain. However, if I hadn't gotten the spell on the Chieftain I would have had a really hard time against our Orc player, who's leader was greatly boosted by the effects of the 'Scourge of the Realm' objective (see objectives in the BTB book).
Slave to Chaos is nice.

So that's my mini review of the spells. Smile

EDIT: About casting spells and armour: get Chaos Armour! Smile
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Most effective god in chaos Marauders   Most effective god in chaos Marauders Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009 - 6:26

I think i might start a Marauders warband sometime down the line (ei: after my Night Goblins, Mercenaries and Possessed are painted, so i a few years Smile )

If i do i want it to be devoted to Tchar, but i am leaning towards getting the undivided mark on my leader. After thinking a little bit about Tchar's Reward, i'm a little torn.

Do i want rock solid leadership, or do i want to hope to roll one single spell for it's awesomeness? Do i take the immediate reward of undivided or the slow but possibly futile path of the spell casting Tchar marked leader?

This is something to think about hannibal, what would you do?

Edit: Cianty, you wrote a warband that fills me with the lure of chaos, i hate you Razz ! The possibility of ultimate power is appealing, but i might end up never rolling the spell, or the multitude of supporting skills like sorcery...
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Most effective god in chaos Marauders   Most effective god in chaos Marauders Icon_minitimeMon 31 Aug 2009 - 8:39

Pathfinder Dubstyles wrote:
Edit: Cianty, you wrote a warband that fills me with the lure of chaos, i hate you Razz !

Twisted Evil

Pathfinder Dubstyles wrote:
The possibility of ultimate power is appealing, but i might end up never rolling the spell, or the multitude of supporting skills like sorcery...

That's about how it's supposed to be.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most effective god in chaos Marauders   Most effective god in chaos Marauders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most effective god in chaos Marauders
Page 1 of 1