Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs

Go down 
+21
Paluke
Girr
abhorsen950
blitzkrieg bob
Kaptain Dedgob
Popmouth
Arathorn
hero
Eliazar
Oberon
Fungomungus
Mr.chair
catferret
lord siwoc
Chad
WarbossKurgan
Pfreck
matt
DeafNala
cianty
And
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

Trading Reputation : 0

And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009 - 17:04

So it has begun!

The converting has started and i must say making feet isnt easy..
Sadly i dont have that originally choppa from the fantasy orcs that resembles a big meat axe strapped onto a stick, remember?

THAT weapon i need for the right hand, since i have equipped my boss with an axe and a sword.

Im not sure what head to use, but i soon recieve the heads from the orc warboss kit, and some of those are pretty sweet.

Im still looking for the runtherder, so if any of you have a spare one, let me know Smile

Here goes, the first picture shows how i've made one of the grenades into a flail:

And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070785
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070786
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070787
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070788
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070789
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070790

enjoy!
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009 - 17:29

I've added the first bone to a base i ever made Very Happy I pushed up his right foot's toes so they look a bit better now.

The arm has been attached and he's been given a whip in the belt.

I believe that a need a fantasy orc axe to make him look fantasy enough.
If you're wondering what i've done with his left weapon, i've made an edge down above the hand so the parry-thingy (what you call it?) and the blade isnt made out of one piece of metal.

And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070791
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070792
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070793
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009 - 17:49

LOOKIN' GOOD! I see you have all his little piggies represented; NICE job on the feet. AND you managed to squeeze him on the 25mm base. The sword looks EXCELLENT. Keep up the FINE WORK! thumbsup

Is the axe you are looking for being held in the right hand? If so, PM me your address & I'll send you one. Sir, yes sir!
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009 - 18:48

DeafNala wrote:
LOOKIN' GOOD! I see you have all his little piggies represented; NICE job on the feet. AND you managed to squeeze him on the 25mm base. The sword looks EXCELLENT. Keep up the FINE WORK! thumbsup

Is the axe you are looking for being held in the right hand? If so, PM me your address & I'll send you one. Sir, yes sir!

Thanks DN! Glad you like it!

Well that would be mighty fine, but im from europe and i dont think it'll be worth the shipping costs :/..

Anyways, i need peoples opinions on the head angle.. Im not sure where he should look:

Pose 1:
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070794

Looks over his left arm, easy to get into base to base. This one i like the best. With the head turned i will have to sculpt a neck, which = more skin, which again => more orcy feeling.

Pose 2:
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070795

Looking straight ahead, the "shhh" finger not in the way

Pose 3:
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070796

Something in between the two above.. I dont want him to "shhh" anyone with the finger..

What you think?

Also, im working on some clothe/pelt to hide the grenades:

And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070797
Back to top Go down
Chad
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Chad

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009 - 19:17

Freakin awesome! I like the first pose, looks like he's threatening summat smaller tham him.
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009 - 19:50

Chad wrote:
Freakin awesome! I like the first pose, looks like he's threatening summat smaller tham him.

Thanks chad! Im glad you agree with the pose. I think i'll choose that one then.. What do you think of the head itself? Does it fit mordheim? (it's always good to have a helmet so you can buy him one later)

I've GS'ed some more; added bandage on the foot where the cut-off boot were, so the level between the toes and rest of the boot wasnt too great.

I also just learned myself how to make pelt Very Happy

And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070798
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070799
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070800
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070801
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009 - 20:11

And the head is on! I think the old metal black orc head will add some contrast to the rest of the helmet less warband of mine Smile

The neck was incredible easy to make, you just need the right dental tools Wink

Now i only need that axe/choppa and it's done Smile

And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070802
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070803
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070805

Please leave a comment Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2009 - 20:13

I also am partial to pose #1...it's appropriately intimidating & that head only adds to the feeling. This is going to be something VERY SPECIAL &, of course, UBERCOOL! Keep on keeping on, Amigo! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009 - 8:50

New update!

I sculpted a ring on each hand, just for some bling-bling! queen
The not-yet-attached hand had one finger put through a socket on the handle.. I filed it off and GS'ed the finger back.

And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070806
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070808

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
lord siwoc
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
lord siwoc

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009 - 9:29

Looking stunning! Great work with the gs. It is not overdone, and this is why it will look great!

Conversion is good, and good choice in no. 1 head pose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordsiwoc.dk
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009 - 10:02

Thanks L. siword! Great that you like the pose too, Im still not sure about the head though.. Should i give him a head with teeth and angry face?

I decided to give him a bit more mordheimy feel by adding a couple of random effects to his stash:

First; a small dagger and pouch. And a crossbow:

And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070809

And a scroll/map/parchment roll to his belt:

And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070810
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009 - 11:37

By Gork! This is looking awesome (and fast work And!!). Love the gubbinz!

And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 665330 And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 665330 And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 665330
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009 - 11:52

VERY NICE...& FAST! I'm not really into helmets as a general rule; HOWEVER, I think the helmeted head in this case is VERY intimidating. GREAT WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009 - 13:29

That Snikrot conversion is looking mean. Nice work on him.
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009 - 15:46

Wuhu, thank you guys!

I like doing this fast, but then it's really said when i hit the brick wall; i still need that freakin' axe / butcher's knife. I ordered some models via the internet some weeks ago, and they should arrive any minut now.. hopefully.
I ordered:

1 warboss kit - kinda waste now when i have a boss Razz But can make a cool big 'un, etc..
2 blisters of squigs and herders
1 box of 4 orc boys -> with axe bits!!!
1 devlan mud -> i've heard people talk wonders 'bout this paint! Had to try it. Maybe on armour parts?

The mentioned axe im babbling about is this little fella:
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Afaf

Anyways, here is a little(!) project i began on, a bit more bling-blingy ring for the boss:

And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070812
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070813

I wanted it to look like a gem-encrusted ring Smile

Furthermore i have a small question; how many heroes can an orc warband have? Im a right when i say that i can start a warband with max 4 heroes, and the total max of heroes in a warband (after ladz got talent) is 6?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009 - 15:59

And wrote:
1 warboss kit - kinda waste now when i have a boss Razz But can make a cool big 'un, etc..
Ah... The Warboss kit isn't even Big'Un sized. And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 40268 It's the same size as a normal Boy (the weapons are excellent though!). I recommend the 40K Nobz kit for a proppa sized Warboss in plastic.

And wrote:
1 devlan mud -> i've heard people talk wonders 'bout this paint! Had to try it. Maybe on armour parts?
Oh good Gork, I use more Devlan Mud than any other paint! Put it on everything except Orc skin and you won't regret it!
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 665330

And wrote:
Furthermore i have a small question; how many heroes can an orc warband have? Im a right when i say that i can start a warband with max 4 heroes, and the total max of heroes in a warband (after ladz got talent) is 6?

Thanks!

Quite so.
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 387809
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2009 - 16:02

Well.. if the body isnt big enough i've prepared a dead cow on a base to raise him above the troops Razz

and im still very much in love with the runtherder you used. I think i will buy him soon Razz Though i dont really need any more models atm.

Wuhu, i am so looking forward to paiting with it!
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Aug 2009 - 12:28

Yet another update for ya folks!

I've sawn off the sword blade and the shaft and pinned the hand, getting ready to attach the meat axe. Smile

Some WIP pics:

And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070815
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070822
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070823
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070824
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Aug 2009 - 13:11

COOL! The Cleaver is going to look GREAT. Now what he needs is a Beast of Burden to haul around his extra gear...check out qc's Night Goblin/Gnoblars: https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/miniatures-f2/gallery-by-qc-t1097-50.htm
Cool, huh?! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Aug 2009 - 13:16

DeafNala wrote:
COOL! The Cleaver is going to look GREAT. Now what he needs is a Beast of Burden to haul around his extra gear...check out qc's Night Goblin/Gnoblars: https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/miniatures-f2/gallery-by-qc-t1097-50.htm
Cool, huh?! thumbsup

Haha those are cool. I actually have a lot of those gnoblar bodies Very Happy Didnt know how to use them, but now I do! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Aug 2009 - 13:30

And wrote:
Haha those are cool. I actually have a lot of those gnoblar bodies Very Happy Didnt know how to use them, but now I do! Very Happy

I thought you MIGHT get a kick out of them. I've got a bunch of them underway for my Ubergoblin [counts as Orcs] & Goblin War Bands...they reach NEW HEIGHTS of silliness. They DEFINITELY fit with the Looter theme. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Mr.chair
Warlord
Warlord
Mr.chair

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009 - 19:05

Hey there. Loving this conversion. Your sculpting is very solid and you've got a great eye for the little details that can really pop out and take a miniature from good to great. I've always been a step behind in seeing the potential in a miniature to become something else, but this conversion is a perfect example of what can be done with a clever choice of miniature.
Back to top Go down
And
Veteran
Veteran
And

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009 - 19:47

Mr.chair wrote:
Hey there. Loving this conversion. Your sculpting is very solid and you've got a great eye for the little details that can really pop out and take a miniature from good to great. I've always been a step behind in seeing the potential in a miniature to become something else, but this conversion is a perfect example of what can be done with a clever choice of miniature.

Thank you very much Mr. chair! I mostly just look at 40K models that arent covered in futuristic armours and ammo n' guns! Often that leads me to find a cool model, in this case a big guy with a rucksack! Smile

Since i havent recieved any package yet, i got bored and converted further on him. There was a grenade on top of his backpack that didnt really looked like anything mordheimy, so added a marauder flag pole hook:

And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070827
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070828
And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 P1070829
Back to top Go down
Fungomungus
General
General

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009 - 20:01

Mr.Chair- *Amen brotha!

Man, with all these great conversions running around Idk were to start/ stop, since I started reading "living on/in" this forum, Ive started converting, chaos dwarfs, a sig priest, witch hunters, and now I got orc lootaz on the table! Lol, u guys r muses.. in a purely hetro way Razz
Back to top Go down
lord siwoc
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
lord siwoc

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2009 - 20:14

Jeepers!!! Productive little grot!!!!

Liking what I see. Keep the helmeted head.

All the small things like rinngs and special weapons really make him look the part!

Well done I say!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lordsiwoc.dk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs   And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And's Greenskin Lootahs - WIPs
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next