Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Draxonicar's Tomb Guardian Battle Reports/Deeds of Merit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Draxonicar
Youngblood
Youngblood
Draxonicar

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Restless Dead (BTB) Restless Dead (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

Draxonicar's Tomb Guardian Battle Reports/Deeds of Merit Empty
PostSubject: Draxonicar's Tomb Guardian Battle Reports/Deeds of Merit   Draxonicar's Tomb Guardian Battle Reports/Deeds of Merit Icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2009 - 23:12

Hey, this is my battl report thread, where my cursed company tomb guardian arbands encounters will be recorded

Armies:

My army: Tomb lord farao with great weapon and bow+asp arrows
2 acolytes with axes
1 liche priest :magister: with staff

2 tomb guardians with maces and bows
3 skeletons with 2 axes 1 sword 3 bows

first match today: Tomb Guardians (town crier ones)vs Dwarves

ok, so my liche priest rolled the scroll of scarab song which proved to be innstrumental in the battle

I started behind a wall, he started with crossbows behind cover and rest in open.

he sent in his men and got LOS with crossbows on my skeletons behind the wall , knocked one down.

my turn, I cast the scarab song* and roll a 4, 1 hits and he rolls a six, taken OOO. can't shoot this turn, skeleton gets back up. 3 warriors and a thane that were waiting near the wall getting shot at and knocked down but getting up (stupid 'ard to kill...) thane crawls away after getting knocked don, 1 warrior charges. misses with both hammers on my tomb guard, gets a hammer to the face and gets taken OOO. my turn, I back up and take shots at the warriors. his next turn he routs from the 2 losses

*the spell is difficulty 6 and th target gets swarms of beetles on him, h cant attack or b attacked until the end of my turn, if in CC he is moved 1 inch away. target gets d6 s1 attacks...but since they automatically hit and they are s1...if I wound, its a critical hit....I rolled a 4 for the hits, and 1 of the 4 rolls was a 6, and on serious injury he rolled a 6.

any questions or comments? this was just a 1-shot game we did to get used to mordheim some.

next time he says he might gt a trollslayer to take out my tomb lord (150 crowns of t5 s4 ws4 bs3 w3 and great weapon+bow and Asps) to weaken me, and that he won't suicidally charge me next time (don't underestimate tomb guards!)
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Draxonicar's Tomb Guardian Battle Reports/Deeds of Merit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draxonicar's Tomb Guardian Battle Reports/Deeds of Merit   Draxonicar's Tomb Guardian Battle Reports/Deeds of Merit Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2009 - 15:37

Welcome to the forums! Congrats on the win! Fear the dwarf if he ever learns his warband's rules for he will just shoot thee.

I appreciate the report because I'm always curious as to how others play the game. I'm not trying to criticize but some rules were not used properly. This is not a big deal because everyone mangles the rules when learning to play a new game and sometimes the mangling will go on for years until some one points it out. (My group played the pistol rules wrong for 7 years or so... Oops.)

Magic spells can not cause critical hits. So your wound on the Dwarf was just a normal wound, but a roll of 6 on the injury table definitely takes him out, so good job!

Scarab Song is a difficulty 7. You cite your roll to cast as a 4. A roll of a 4 is a failure to cast. The difficulty number or higher must be rolled. So the spell would be cast on a 7+ on 2d6. (Getting this right is really important for those hard to cast Difficulty 10 spells!)

The number of hits caused by Scarab Song is 2d6 not d6. Its still a mean spell but once the Dwarves advance a bit it will become useless against those T5 heroes. (St 1 can't wound T5.)

Looking forward to more tales of your adventures!
Back to top Go down

Draxonicar's Tomb Guardian Battle Reports/Deeds of Merit
Page 1 of 1