Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades

Go down 
+6
StyrofoamKing
TheFool
catferret
cianty
Von Kurst
Svenn
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: none

BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Empty
PostSubject: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009 - 4:01

I'd like to host a bunch of the random campaigns, scenarios, etc that I've found around but I don't want to do it without permission. Does anyone know who I would contact to obtain permission to host the BTB, Nemesis Crown, or Relics of the Crusades pdfs?

I've got a bunch of other random scenarios, rules and things that I need to look into as well. I'd really like to host just about every Mordheim resource I could possibly find all in one easy to find place. There's a lot of great stuff out there and the more we can spread it the more players we can pull in I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009 - 6:53

Whatever do you wish to do with them? Play or publish? From this community there's Cianty for BTB. Nemesis Crown and Relics both have web sites so there should be contact information there. BTB has links to both sites. I may be wrong but Cianty may have had something to do with Nemesis as well. And as I recall Da Bank was involved in some way as well.

Relics only has one original scenario that I recall, the others were themselves borrowed from Empire in Flames.

I'm intrigued do tell more about the project...

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009 - 7:01

http://www.tabletopgeeks.com/downloads/

See that page. I've got a bunch of stuff hosted already. I'd like to get more. It looks like crap now but I'm working on making it pretty and getting as many different Mordheim resources as I can on there.

I did find those sites, but there were no emails or anything for contact information.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009 - 7:07

Ah, I understand. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009 - 9:53

1. Nemesis Crown - I guess you can host that. You're already hosting the Empire in Flames supplement which is totally illegal and Nemesis Crown is also a kind of "official" supplement, since it was comissioned by Andy Hall. Yes, I was involved in that but my affect on the rules is very (very very) small since time did not permit me to do more then. I did produce the layouted PDF and the website though.

2. Relics - This one was published on the SG site. Interestingly they also published a link to the gaming group who produced this supplement but the PDF itself is not available from that site (at last time I checked). As VOn Kurst said, you can find the link on the BTB website. The files (two parts) are hosted at the new SG forum, by the way. Anyways, do what you want, but if you want to be polite, go to their website and see if you can contact them.

3. BTB - Yeah, that would be me. And actually my initial reaction was "no", because I don't want it to be taken out of context (ie the website). This may sound silly and it most likely is, but the reason is that the BTB isn't done and dead but still going. There are a few things that we plan to do and at some point we might release an updated version.
Anyways, if you put a link to the BTB site, then I am fine with you hosting the supplement. Something like..

Border Town Burning supplement (www.bordertownburning.de.vu)

Actually I suggest you do the same for all projects who have affiliated websites, i.e. Relics, Khemri, Lustria, etc... that would be a good service so people can see where it's coming from. Again, you can find links to them (most, not all) on the BTB site.

The big advantage of hosting PDFs the way you do is to preserve them when the original sources are gone (otherwise you could just link to them). So as long as there are still websites, I think you should link to them.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009 - 13:12

Thanks cianty. I'll just do the links to the websites for now. I have copies of all the pdfs downloaded, so if anything happens to the sites then I'll think about putting them up for download.

As for Empire in Flames, I was unaware that it was illegal.
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009 - 14:25

Empire in Flames is currently hosted by GW on their main site so duplicate hosting of their IP may get you in trouble. Even direct linking to their file is frowned upon.

A link may be provided to their Mordheim Resources section, but not to individual files.
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009 - 14:46

Aha, thanks. Somehow I missed that. I actually got the Empire in Flames download from somewhere else (I can't actually remember where now, it was a while ago) and so I didn't think it was on the GW website. I've removed it from my site now.

As you can see from this post, I'm trying to get permission before hosting files where possible so I'm not looking to just take credit for anything or go behind people's back. I'm trying to keep in line with the legality of it all as much as possible (so no hosting anything on the GW site). With so many different resources from so many different people/sources it's kind of tough to keep track of it all, though... which is exactly why I'm trying to put everything together for people.

If anyone else notices anything else weird or illegal about my downloads, please let me know.
Back to top Go down
TheFool
Knight
Knight
TheFool

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009 - 15:43

Hey Svenn,

whats your current allocated monthly traffic?
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2009 - 15:45

TheFool wrote:
Hey Svenn,

whats your current allocated monthly traffic?
Honestly, I'm not sure. I bought the domain name but I have a friend who runs websites for a living and they are handling all the hosting. So far I've had no complaints about bandwidth or anything.

We don't get a ton of traffic... but we do average over 100 hits a day and increasing. The most we've ever had in a single day is in the 600s.
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009 - 17:01

I've got permission to host a few more things. I'll be putting up a bunch of new stuff over the next week or so. Smile
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009 - 17:53

I need to tweak a few things first (give it a week), but if you're interested, you can host the Sartosa stuff too.

If you're not interested, I can... well, probably go find a corner and cry.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009 - 17:56

Excellent! Just send it over when it's ready and I'll put it up. I can also put up a link to your site as well. Smile Thanks Styro!
Back to top Go down
PitFighterTrainer
Ancient
Ancient
PitFighterTrainer

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009 - 18:09

My site is now crap. Yes, technically crap. It won't load, yet all parameters are in place. See what I get for a free hosting site? Can't afford to purchase a real domain name and site anymore, so long story short, want to host the YOCS info?

There are warbands, house rules, hired swords, Dramatis Personae, scenarios, etc. All player contributed and such.
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009 - 18:36

PitFighterTrainer wrote:
My site is now crap. Yes, technically crap. It won't load, yet all parameters are in place. See what I get for a free hosting site? Can't afford to purchase a real domain name and site anymore, so long story short, want to host the YOCS info?

There are warbands, house rules, hired swords, Dramatis Personae, scenarios, etc. All player contributed and such.

I'd love to. Let me know how you want to do it. Do you want to just send me the files and I'll put them in our downloads section or were you looking more to mirror the actual site?
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009 - 19:15

So, with all these new downloads I'm going to need a better way to organize all of this. What method of organization do people prefer?

1 long download page with several sections or multiple smaller pages split by category?
What way should they be split up? Current thinking for sections are:
Town Cryers
Warbands
Optional/Extra Rules (Power in the Stones, Random Happenings, etc)
Scenarios
Campaigns (BTB, Sartosa, etc)

There is going to be a lot of downloads, and if it's not organized so that people can easily find what they are looking for then it defeats the whole purpose. All suggestions welcome!
Back to top Go down
Ferrous82
Warrior
Warrior
Ferrous82

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009 - 19:21

Big thanks to Svenn for the site. It will be a huge resource for our budding Mordheim group.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2009 - 20:50

Svenn, contact me if there is anything missing as I have everything saved away.
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2009 - 3:26

Okay, check the site out now. Feedback please. Is the layout easy to navigate? Is there anything in the wrong section? Any dead links? Anything I'm missing that I need to add?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2009 - 9:37

Something like this...

I'd offer the official PDFs (Orcs & Goblins etc) in addition to the Town Cryer issue in which they were released.

Official Publications
Mordheim Rulebook - <go to GW website>
Mordheim Rules Review - <go to GW website>
Mordheim Anual - <download>
Empire in Flames - <go to GW website>

Town Cryer Magazine
[1]
[2] - <Orcs & Goblins>
[3] - <article ???>
[4]
[5]
[6]

Unreleased Encampment

Game Material
Mordheim Roster Sheet
Advanced Mordheim Roster Sheet
Mordheim Reference Chart

Other Supplements and Settings
Border Town Burning - <download> <website>
Khemri, Land of the Dead - released in TC X - Y (see above) <website>
Lustria, Cities of Gold - released in TC A - B (see above) <website>
Relics of the Crusades - <Part1><Part1> <website>
Sartosa - <download> <website>

Letters of the Damned Mordheim Ezine
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2009 - 9:43

Oh, you already have a new structure..

Few things:

"Supplement" a supplement, in my understanding of GW "terminology" is something like an additonal book for the game. So supplements would be: EiF, Annual, Best of Town Cryer. Made made supps are BTB, Sartosa etc.

Town Cryer is not really a supplement. Why not give it the title "Town Cryer Magazine" and leave it at that.. The way you structured it maybe "Mordheim Magazines" would be more apropriate?

Why do you host the official warbands and why are they separated into the individual warbands?
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2009 - 13:07

cianty wrote:
Why do you host the official warbands and why are they separated into the individual warbands?
I found that it's much easier to find your warband with separate files for each. There's been many times where I just wanted to quickly look up something Possessed and had to go searching through the rulebook. These are all on Mordheimer's site as well.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look at a little re-organization.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2009 - 13:25

The Random Rumors file does not work (at least not for me). I can download it, but it is impossible to open it.
Back to top Go down
Svenn
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Svenn

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2009 - 14:48

Eliazar wrote:
The Random Rumors file does not work (at least not for me). I can download it, but it is impossible to open it.
Fixed! It was RandomRumours.pdf not RandomRumors.pdf as I had the link setup. I also had a messed up link for the Skill List, which was fixed. Wink

I did some minor re-organization based on cianty's suggestions. How does it look now? Anything look like it's in the wrong section? Any sections unintuitive?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades   BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BTB, Nemesis Crown, Relics of the Crusades
Page 1 of 1