Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Just started a Lizardmen warband...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tewfik
Warlord
Warlord
Tewfik

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

lizardmen - Just started a Lizardmen warband... Empty
PostSubject: Just started a Lizardmen warband...   lizardmen - Just started a Lizardmen warband... Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009 - 20:42

...and im having trouble finding good models to use as Great Crests and Henchmen Skinks... are there any decent models that those of you who play Lizardmen have found or should i just start looking to convert models. Currently im using some Temple guards as my Saurus warriors...

anyone have pictures of their Lizardmen warband I could look at to spark some ideas??

Thanks

(this could be posted in the wrong section - move if needed)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Just started a Lizardmen warband...   lizardmen - Just started a Lizardmen warband... Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009 - 21:46

FUNNY YOU SHOULD MENTION IT! I've JUST started a Lizard Guy commission using the new GW minis. They are quite nice; however, for ease of ranking, they have a one piece torso/head/left leg with separate right leg & arms. SO...conversions & position could be a bit problematic.
If I were going to raise a Lizard Guy War Band [which I'm NOT Suspect ], I'd go for the Reaper WarLord Reptus Range:

lizardmen - Just started a Lizardmen warband... 14092_G

They have this Guy [I paint one, also on commission; VERY nice mini to work with thumbsup ] & 46 others to chose from, although some of them are actually Snake Guys. You can get them from either www.reapermini.com or www.thewarstore.com . The War Store is slightly less expensive. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
skywatcher
Warrior
Warrior
skywatcher

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Just started a Lizardmen warband...   lizardmen - Just started a Lizardmen warband... Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009 - 22:07

I started modeling a new lizardmen band also. I searched and searched and ended up getting some minis from Dragoonblood Miniatures.

Their Troglodytes make great stinks, and their Lizardmen make great Saurus. Although the models are on the large side, they are awesomely made and great to model. I would recommend.

lizardmen - Just started a Lizardmen warband... Lizardmen%20front%20thumb

lizardmen - Just started a Lizardmen warband... Trogs_f
Back to top Go down
http://oppositionforce.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Just started a Lizardmen warband...   lizardmen - Just started a Lizardmen warband... Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009 - 22:36

COOL! The Surrogate Skinks from Dragonblood look Ubercool. I've painted some of their minis for other Folks & they are a delight to paint. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED thumbsup
If you want something different, & can find them, Rackham/Confrontation Ophidians [Snake Guys] ARE INCREDIBLY COOL, AND have all sorts of paraphenalia on them. thumbsup

Last edited by DeafNala on Thu 21 May 2009 - 9:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tewfik
Warlord
Warlord
Tewfik

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Just started a Lizardmen warband...   lizardmen - Just started a Lizardmen warband... Icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2009 - 22:52

Awesome!! thanks for the ideas and source's looks like I have some researching to do when I get home Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.tabletopgeeks.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just started a Lizardmen warband...   lizardmen - Just started a Lizardmen warband... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just started a Lizardmen warband...
Page 1 of 1