Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log

Go down 
+13
Gobbo Freak
Boreas_NL
Pirexian
Roguelike
magokiron
Jadex
postcthul
Ancre
Chad
DeafNala
Figgy
Thunder Rebel
Pathfinder Dubstyles
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Dec 2009 - 10:50

A LATE ENTRY on the PLATFORM THINGY: I cut 3/4" or 1" thick foam into various width boards & make hollow platforms/boxes with removeable tops; some have obvious entries, & some have secret entrances, but in either case it adds area of SINISTER PURPOSE...insert evil laughter here. I also do this with individual buildings. The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Suspect

You can see an example with a single building here: https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/scenery-f13/building-by-deafnala-t1237.htm .
Back to top Go down
magokiron
Ancient
Ancient
magokiron

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Dec 2009 - 22:02

Pathfinder Dubstyles wrote:
magokiron: id really like to see the boxes you made, you should start a new thread about them!

Here you can see some of my boxes and furniture (and a few of the platforms I made):

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/scenery-f13/boxes-and-furniture-t3206.htm

Hope you like them!

Waiting to see more of your marvelous buildings.

Best wishes.
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010 - 21:46

It's been a while, but the end of winter has stirred us to make some more terrain. We (Figgy and I) have been working on more platforms. Here you can see last weekend's progress. That large platform is 16"x16", so 9 will cover an entire Mordheim table. I will most likely make 4 of these, and then fill the rest with 8"x8" sections which can be left out or stacked for more depth. I can also make canal sections with actual depth. None of this is original, but the fact I'm working towards that goal amazes me sometimes!

All the platforms recently made, added to our previous ones we can now cover over half the table.
The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 IMG_0253

Plain 8"x8" platforms, the basis of the terrain system.
The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 IMG_0254

A broken section, this one still needs to have the muddy slope painted, once i decide which brown to use.
The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 IMG_0255

The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 IMG_0257

Fish mosaic, courtesy of Figgy. This looks pretty awesome in person, pics are blurry, see down the page for better...
The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 IMG_0258

Details of the 16"x16" brickwork to break up the boring sameness of the cobbles.
The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 IMG_0259

The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 IMG_0260

On one side of the large platform i got a little fancy!
The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 IMG_0261

Atmospheric Shots:About a quarter of the table, using all our terrain
The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 IMG_0267

The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 IMG_0269

The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 IMG_0272

The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 IMG_0273

The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 IMG_0275
Back to top Go down
Pirexian
Elder
Elder
Pirexian

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010 - 22:02

awesome gaming table mate! This will serve as a great inspirational source for me! Smile

Last edited by Pirexian on Fri 16 Apr 2010 - 0:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010 - 22:09

GREAT looking table...LOVE the Fish Mosaic. The platforms & buildings are coming VERY NICELY. EXCELLENT WORK! The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 544694
Back to top Go down
Boreas_NL
Ancient
Ancient
Boreas_NL

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010 - 22:12

Absolutely sweet! I love the fish, really cool... As you said, Mordheim is all about fishes! The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Figgy
Elder
Elder
Figgy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010 - 23:08

I am glad people like the fish mosaic! He's a little chubby, but I was happy with the results! The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_razz

Thanks for the compliments.

And yes, it is all about the fishes for me in Mordheim.

NOTHING IS MORE MORDHEIMY THAN A FISH.
Back to top Go down
Gobbo Freak
Elder
Elder
Gobbo Freak

Trading Reputation : 7

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010 - 23:15

Quote :
NOTHING IS MORE MORDHEIMY THAN A FISH

A mutated fish...

Anyway, you made a nice table there mate!
The overall look of the cobblestone is great!!!

Keep it up The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Figgy
Elder
Elder
Figgy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010 - 23:35

If anyone can spot the hidden orc skull I will give them prizes.

Three internetz to the person who spots it.
Back to top Go down
XIII
Champion
Champion
XIII

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010 - 23:41

Figgy wrote:
If anyone can spot the hidden orc skull I will give them prizes.

Three internetz to the person who spots it.

4th pic down, embedded in the side of the wall. Do I win? huh huh huh? do I? do I? w00t! 1337 LoLz!!!111
Back to top Go down
http://xiii.org.uk
Figgy
Elder
Elder
Figgy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2010 - 23:43

That was fast.

YOU WIN THE INTERNETZ.

You are crowned the king! The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_king

How long did it take you to find it? O_o
Back to top Go down
XIII
Champion
Champion
XIII

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010 - 0:15

yay king of the int0rwebZ!!!!111

Didn't take too long.. I had seen a similar thing done elsewhere... quite possibly a tutorial thread here or something relating to cobbles.

Very logical to use ork skulls as fillers when you can't seem to find a rock the perfect size. loving it!
Back to top Go down
Figgy
Elder
Elder
Figgy

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010 - 0:21

Ah, wise you are.

Let me point out the sewer grate in Dubstyles brickwork. It's on the largest platform in many of the pics.

We were all done painting these up, and were rather proud of our work and about to play a test game on them when he said, "I think I am going to put a sewer grate here.."

Just as soon as he said that he took a knife to it, ripping out the beautifully painted bricks. I watched in horror as he stabbed at it like Freddy Kruegar stabs a highschool cheerleader.

Only after he started taking it apart did he start asking how he should make the grate.

I averted my eyes towards the playstation as I waited for him to be done, fearful that we may have just lost a great piece.

Much to my (Gleeful) surprise, I turned around to find it looking great! And painted! The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Suspect
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010 - 4:46

HA! That was a rather recklessly sudden decision to gouge a hole in a finished terrain piece... But all for the better i guess. I noticed a circular depression in the bricks, and it inspired me. (very descriptive story by the way figgy)Laughing

I had no idea i was photographing the fish platform from the side with the orc skull in it, pure luck!

I notice from the pics that we need to add a few finishing details to the buildings, mainly a dove gray drybrush on the stones and bricks...

Also if one looks in the second photograph, they might notice i forgot to carve the vertical lines on an entire row of stones. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
XIII
Champion
Champion
XIII

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010 - 9:43

Pathfinder Dubstyles wrote:

Also if one looks in the second photograph, they might notice i forgot to carve the vertical lines on an entire row of stones. *sigh*

*shhhh* you're not meant to admit to it... it was ummm... an architectural masterpiece, trying to set a new trend with a mordheimian discovery of a new concrete like building material, setting down one slab as a test to it's structure before mass implementation.

...and diving in to hack a piece apart for a grate was a brave move! Attacking a masterpiece when there are many materials of warhammer lying around at hand to the co-builder... risky! Awesome result though! I shall have to try and dig out the old soldering iron, and see about purchasing a foam cutter. Very inspiring!
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010 - 16:14

XIII wrote:

*shhhh* you're not meant to admit to it... it was ummm... an architectural masterpiece, trying to set a new trend with a mordheimian discovery of a new concrete like building material, setting down one slab as a test to it's structure before mass implementation.

If you look at some of the smaller platforms, the older ones, you can see i did nothing but rock texture the sides. This has bothered me for sometime and I used the concrete excuse before to justify it to myself, but it does stick out.

Ah yes, about the foam cutter, it was not used in these most recent platforms. They were actually cut on a friend's table saw, which insured that the edges were perfectly perpendicular. Although a foam cutter is more affordable!
Back to top Go down
XIII
Champion
Champion
XIII

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2010 - 21:01

Ah nice. I did wonder about a table saw and the generated heat messing up the blade with melted foam, but if it worked well I might try that approach...

...now to just find a cure for laziness. I have access to such saws, but it's bothering to go and use them... same reason I haven't properly based my own stuff on hardboard yet.

Need to get my ass in gear so we can reclaim the front room and clear the mordheim building debris... could use the spare bedroom for the function, but then there isn't the projector lol
Back to top Go down
vampirekhaine
Warlord
Warlord
vampirekhaine

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Apr 2010 - 11:05

This stuff is amazing! I like the entire concept of multiple levels, not just in buildings but also on the streets. The fact that it is all modulair is also very nice! This truly gives you the opportunity to rearrange the city every time you play.

Superb job! Keep it up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widgren
General
General
widgren

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Apr 2010 - 11:37

you created a sense of unity with the painting any design of those buildings. it looks really good! keep it up!
Back to top Go down
http://totte.leblog.se/
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010 - 2:56

So, figgy and i have been working on terrain recently, mostly figgy though while i play fallout new vegas...

Anywho, here is a cool atmospheric pic i took just now:

The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 2010-12-14_19-56-04_896

If i can ever get home before dark one of these days, i can take some fully lit pictures of all of our progress.

Also there are several new posts on my website, CreativeCasualty.net, including handmade leather armor, and a sci-fi short story. Check 'em out! EDIT; no more website!

Last edited by Pathfinder Dubstyles on Sun 17 Feb 2013 - 20:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010 - 3:18

VERY COOL &, as you say, atmospheric. All you need is a cloaked figure lurking in the shadows to complete the picture. GREAT STUFF! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Gobbo Freak
Elder
Elder
Gobbo Freak

Trading Reputation : 7

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010 - 9:40

nice!!! Really great atmosphere indeed. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2010 - 12:55

Wow - that sends shivers down my spine it looks so cool! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log   The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Queen City Gamers: Terrain Log
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2