Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

MALIFAUX RELEASED

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

MALIFAUX RELEASED Empty
PostSubject: MALIFAUX RELEASED   MALIFAUX RELEASED Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009 - 8:02

The fine Folks over at Wyrd Games [ www.wyrd-games.net ] are looking for Guys & Gals to Beta Test their upcoming Skirmish Game: Malifaux. The Game is described as Steamvictoriohorrorwestpunk, which I guess says it all. Anyone interested in giving a TOTALLY NEW & DIFFERNT game a whirl is directed to contact Eric at ERIC@WYRD-GAMES.NET .
Who knows you MIGHT like it! thumbsup

Last edited by DeafNala on Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 11:33; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

MALIFAUX RELEASED Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALIFAUX RELEASED   MALIFAUX RELEASED Icon_minitimeThu 12 Mar 2009 - 17:23

Thanks for the info Deaf, I will have to check it out in more depth when I get home off of work.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

MALIFAUX RELEASED Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALIFAUX RELEASED   MALIFAUX RELEASED Icon_minitimeFri 13 Mar 2009 - 12:39

To give you an idea what the Game is about I highjacked one of the photos from the Wyrd shop. Cool, huh?! MALIFAUX RELEASED 544694

MALIFAUX RELEASED Sonnia%20-%20Final

Last edited by DeafNala on Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 12:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info

MALIFAUX RELEASED Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALIFAUX RELEASED   MALIFAUX RELEASED Icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar 2009 - 1:13

Pretty suave, I tried to email that guy about the beta testing, but came back as failed to deliver.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

MALIFAUX RELEASED Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALIFAUX RELEASED   MALIFAUX RELEASED Icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar 2009 - 8:11

Drugart wrote:
Pretty suave, I tried to email that guy about the beta testing, but came back as failed to deliver.

Try going to www.wyrd-games.net . Toward the bottom of the Malefaux Chronicles blurp there's the e-mail address for Eric. Click that & it should work.
Back to top Go down
Drugart
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Drugart

Personal Info

MALIFAUX RELEASED Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALIFAUX RELEASED   MALIFAUX RELEASED Icon_minitimeSat 14 Mar 2009 - 16:58

I will give that a whirl, thanks man.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

MALIFAUX RELEASED Empty
PostSubject: Malifaux Update   MALIFAUX RELEASED Icon_minitimeTue 4 Aug 2009 - 12:49

Beta testing IS completed & the Malifaux Hame is due out at GenCon: August 14th.
The OFFICIAL BLURB:
Wyrd Miniatures is proud to announce its character driven skirmish game, Malifaux. The game book is soft covered, with 216 full colored pages inside. Malifaux is diceless, utilizing our eye catching illustrated Fate Deck, you play a unique card based system that encourages tactics, strategy and resource management over the random fall of dice.

Based in an alternate Earth, Malifaux uses gothic, steampunk, victorian horror with a dose of the wild west to inject fun and depth into the magical lawlessness of a world rife with monsters, necropunks, manmachine hybrids, gunslingers, and power-hungry politicos. Actively using character-driven stories to define the world of Malifaux, seek your fortune in this fast paced and brutal 32mm tabletop miniature skirmish game. Assemble your crew and stake your claim!

No longer do you have to trust the fickle fate of a dice roll, in Malifaux you use cards, a Fate Deck, as you lead your Crew to victory with strategy, tactics and resource management, and if that isn’t enough, you can Cheat Fate. Looking for scalability? Malifaux has it. Jump directly into a Scrap with 4 – 6 miniatures, ensuring a quick and brutal fight with each character having unique skills and abilities. Want to escalate it? Take it to a Brawl, bring in additional members of your faction or hire out mercenaries to do your dirty work.

Along with the MALIFAUX rulebook we are offering FATE DECKS which are used to determine the outcome of your Crew within the game. Each player will need his own deck, and we have five different colored decks to choose from so that you can proudly announce your faction affiliation. The number and face cards are all the same on these decks, only the deck slip and card backings varying in faction color.

Five additional box sets which have been previous previewed in Wyrd news have also been released. Ortega Gunslingers (Perdita), Body Thieves (McMourning), The Hag's Puppets (Zoraida), The Gremlins (So'mer Teeth) and the Mercenaries (Viktorias).

We've also several new miniatures, accessories and a new set of base inserts as well.

In the past we have brought some art prints and post cards with us in limited quantities to conventions and are generally out before the first day is over. To that end we now have two packs of art post cards now available for direct purchase only through the Wyrd website.

Want to keep the little one happy and occupied? Raise them right and get them started on the Malifaux COLORING book featuring voodoo dolls of some of your favorite characters produced by Wyrd. We promise not tell anyone if you are buying this to color with your own secret stash of crayons ...

Surely you've got to be done by now you're saying ... well almost.

With every purchase over $100 through Wyrd, whether online or at conventions, you'll get a SPECIAL EDITION miniature. Not limited, we don't do those ... SPECIAL. Everyone will have a chance to get these and we'll spin up as many as needed.

Every six to eight months we'll be creating an alternative version of one of our gaming miniatures. This miniature will have the exact same statistics as its originator piece and will have no affect on the game whatsoever other than you will have an alternative version of an official Malifaux gaming miniature. Once a new special edition miniature is created the previous one will be retired. This is our way of having a bit of fun as well as saying thank you for your support.

Our first special edition miniature is an alternative Hog Whisperer, the Gremlinette! Sculpted by Paul Muller and painted by Thomas Schadle.

All these are now available for preorder in the online store and are currently winging their way to various distributors and retailers as well for the August 14th street date. ALL ORDERS placed this week will go out on the 10th of August before we travel to Gencon.

Pass the word ... MALIFAUX is here!

-
Nathan Caroland
Wyrd Miniatures
www.wyrd-games.net
www.wyrd-games.net/shop
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

MALIFAUX RELEASED Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALIFAUX RELEASED   MALIFAUX RELEASED Icon_minitimeTue 4 Aug 2009 - 13:03

bounce Must get my hands on this bounce:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

MALIFAUX RELEASED Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALIFAUX RELEASED   MALIFAUX RELEASED Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct 2009 - 6:16

Dude, my Mordheim group is all over this game. All of our core members and a few new players have already grabbed the rulebook, Decks & Factions sets. We are replacing our Mordheim night with Malifaux.
I know it shouldn't matter, but playing a game that is currently supported feels good.

Tom's Boring Malifaux Forum anyone?
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

MALIFAUX RELEASED Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALIFAUX RELEASED   MALIFAUX RELEASED Icon_minitimeFri 30 Oct 2009 - 8:46

I've been hanging around the Wyrd Forum for awhile now. It was always a lively spot with LOTS of interesting modelling & painting, COOL contests & a general interest in a variety of games. NOW it's gone WHACKO CRAZY with all sorts of Malefaux related stuff...sometimes I find the normal one or two dozen new posts have been escalated to OVER 100! MALIFAUX RELEASED Affraid

Nathan & the rest of the Wyrdos are a FINE group of pleasant, friendly Folks always happy to lend a helping hand & EXTREMELY NICE to do business with. Unlike the monolithic entity GW has become, game support is a positive thing here. Rules discussions still have a certain effect on moi... MALIFAUX RELEASED Sleep , but the increased activity in painting up the UBERCOOL Wyrd minis is a REAL PLUS.

Malefaux has the same attraction as Mordheim...perhaps EVEN more so. The character driven gaming is REALLY COOL...I miss the dice though MALIFAUX RELEASED Icon_sad . I could see it taking over the Fantasy Shout It Out section here at TBMF VERY EASILY.

SO whatcha playing? I inadvertently picked up most of the Ressurectionist minis back in the Spring of 07 & have FINALLY started painting them up. The Outcasts, particularly the Bayeau Gremlins, have a LOT of appeal to moi.

This GOOD LOOKIN' Dude is my current favorite:

MALIFAUX RELEASED Somer-Teeth-Display
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

MALIFAUX RELEASED Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALIFAUX RELEASED   MALIFAUX RELEASED Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009 - 6:14

Haha! Well.... thats a good lookin' little man!!! MALIFAUX RELEASED Icon_lol Hay just think of all money he saved on clothing when the high scholl dance!! MALIFAUX RELEASED Icon_lol

(EDIT:Now that I thing about it, I might get in too this game)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

MALIFAUX RELEASED Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALIFAUX RELEASED   MALIFAUX RELEASED Icon_minitimeSat 31 Oct 2009 - 8:38

The game REALLY looks good/interesting AND the minis are JUST BEAUTIFUL. I'm thinking of getting the book for the background/research material...painting minis for a game is MUCH easier if you have some idea what the game is about. Lack of opponents does make actually playing the game problematic MALIFAUX RELEASED Suspect ,but then I LIKE rolling dice...SO the card thingy doesn't appeal all that much to moi...that's my excuse & I'm sticking to it. MALIFAUX RELEASED Suspect

This the mini that got me interested in Wyrd to begin with:

MALIFAUX RELEASED Nicodem%20-%20Store

NEWS FLASH!: the new Malefaux E-zine is out. In the Thread announcing the E-zine, there are some UBERCOOL Sneak Peeks of new-about-to-be-released minis. Check it out here: http://www.wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8861 .
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Personal Info

MALIFAUX RELEASED Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALIFAUX RELEASED   MALIFAUX RELEASED Icon_minitimeSun 1 Nov 2009 - 2:53

Haha thanks for the link Deaf! MALIFAUX RELEASED Icon_biggrin MALIFAUX RELEASED 544694
Oh and I LOVE the Undertaker mini too; they got some really cool ones on their site. I like the Hog whisperer myself. I have allways wanted to do a steampunk/wild west/magic/just plane werid type stuff storys for a long time, and if it just goes far enough, I just might publish them as books. Hey Deaf, if I post them here, can you be my proof reader??

(EDIT:I also thought add different plains of existence, like I don't know, different worlds running parallel to our own? What do you think?)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

MALIFAUX RELEASED Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALIFAUX RELEASED   MALIFAUX RELEASED Icon_minitimeSun 1 Nov 2009 - 8:11

dwi wrote:
I also thought add different plains of existence, like I don't know, different worlds running parallel to our own? What do you think?

Sounds a bit like Planescape from my AD&D days...where all the Planes of Existence converge in the City of Sigil, ruled over by the egnimatic Lady of Pain.
Sure I'll proof read your stories. MALIFAUX RELEASED 544694
Back to top Go down
dwi
Warlord
Warlord
dwi

Personal Info

MALIFAUX RELEASED Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALIFAUX RELEASED   MALIFAUX RELEASED Icon_minitimeSun 1 Nov 2009 - 8:52

Thanks Deaf! Hay would mind if I made a character inspired by you? I was thinking of a Frankenstine/necromancer guy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

MALIFAUX RELEASED Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALIFAUX RELEASED   MALIFAUX RELEASED Icon_minitimeMon 2 Nov 2009 - 11:41

dwi wrote:
Thanks Deaf! Hay would mind if I made a character inspired by you? I was thinking of a Frankenstine/necromancer guy

I'd be honored.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MALIFAUX RELEASED Empty
PostSubject: Re: MALIFAUX RELEASED   MALIFAUX RELEASED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MALIFAUX RELEASED
Page 1 of 1