Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Shooting skills questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Goosetipher
Champion
Champion
Goosetipher

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers
Achievements earned: none

skills - Shooting skills questions Empty
PostSubject: Shooting skills questions   skills - Shooting skills questions Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2009 - 18:28

I had some questions about some of the shooting skill. My understanding of the pistol tree is as follows:

One pistol: shoot every other turn

Brace: Shoot every turn

One pistol + pistolier: shoot every turn

Brace + pistolier: Shoot every turn OR shoot twice in one turn and then cannot shoot next turn while reloading.

Brace of xbow pistols + pistolier: shoot twice every turn

My interpretation come from the "normal reloading rules apply" parenthetical in the description of pistolier

My other question is the relationship between Weapons expert and knife fighter, pistolier, etc. I would assume that even if a person has knife fighter, he must take weapons expert as well, so long as it does not already occur on his equipment list.

Are these interpretations correct?

[edit] clarified
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Shooting skills questions   skills - Shooting skills questions Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2009 - 20:16

From my understanding you, are correct for everything EXCEPT Xbow pistols. I'm pretty sure you can't have a brace of those. Although, with Quickshot, you could shoot a single Xbw pistol twice in the Shooting Phase if the hero doesn't move.

Also, you are correct with Weapons Training and Knife Thrower. Technically speaking, it's smarter to grab Weapons Training before Knife Thrower, just so you can throw one before you throw 3.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
Goosetipher
Champion
Champion
Goosetipher

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shooting skills questions   skills - Shooting skills questions Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2009 - 21:20

This is where my problem is. You see, the pistolier skill description reads "if he is equipped with a brace of pistols of any type (including xbow pistols), he may fire twice in the shooting phase." However, there is no xbow pistol brace for sale. I guess it could represent their rarity, forcing you to roll to look for them twice instead of just once.

I'm not actually planning on using Xbow pistols, but I'm new to the game and was reading up. It was an issue I wanted clarified, because shooting twice every turn (10") at str 4 while also being able to move seemed incredible, especially if you lump in eagle eye.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Shooting skills questions   skills - Shooting skills questions Icon_minitimeThu 26 Feb 2009 - 22:21

Perhaps a brace of Xbow pistols takes up the two ranged weapon slots and not just one like a brace of other pistols.
Back to top Go down
Identity
Elder
Elder
Identity

Trading Reputation : -2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Shooting skills questions   skills - Shooting skills questions Icon_minitimeFri 27 Feb 2009 - 0:16

StyrofoamKing wrote:
From my understanding you, are correct for everything EXCEPT Xbow pistols. I'm pretty sure you can't have a brace of those. Although, with Quickshot, you could shoot a single Xbw pistol twice in the Shooting Phase if the hero doesn't move.
This was my belief as well, but I just checked the rules review, and it expressly states that you may use Xbow pistols with the pistolier skill (thus you can get a brace). Also, it expressly states that you can't quickshot with crossbow pistols.
Eliazar wrote:
Perhaps a brace of Xbow pistols takes up the two ranged weapon slots and not just one like a brace of other pistols.
As the rules are written, this seems accurate to me.
Back to top Go down
Goosetipher
Champion
Champion
Goosetipher

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Shooting skills questions   skills - Shooting skills questions Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2009 - 7:29

thanks guys
Back to top Go down
catferret
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
catferret

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Shooting skills questions   skills - Shooting skills questions Icon_minitimeSun 1 Mar 2009 - 7:59

Eliazar wrote:

That was certainly the way I understood it. While the rules review said you could use a pair, they were never listed specifically as a brace so you couldn't have a full crossbow as well, for example. It makes the guy good in melee at the cost of long ranged capability. Seems like a fair tradeoff to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shooting skills questions   skills - Shooting skills questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shooting skills questions
Page 1 of 1