Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchRegisterBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Night Goblins - New warband (fixed broken link)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed
Achievements earned: None

Night Goblins - New warband  (fixed broken link) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Night Goblins - New warband (fixed broken link)   Night Goblins - New warband  (fixed broken link) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2020 - 16:03

Well then. It's been a long road to here hasn't it? 11 years ago I started writing a Night Goblin warband to use in my games and decided to share it for feedback and balancing. Thanks to everyone who helped and inspired me in the past. Recently the fine folks in the Mordheim Facebook group inspired me to update the list. Much to my surprise and delight, this warband has found life outside of this forum, and people genuinely enjoy it and consider it well made!

I am in the process of working on version 1.0 (final), with the following guiding principles: reducing redundant or unnecessary text, adding options to use newer Gloomspite Gits models, namely squig hoppers, making Heroes more useful, mainly by reducing starting XP, making the warband slightly stronger overall since the consensus is they are slightly underpowered. I'm also working on a random Fungus Brew table for the Shaman for some more random fun, as suggested all the way back on page 1 of this thread! I hope it strikes the balance of possibly great but maybe disastrous as Night Goblin rules tend to be!

If anyone would like a preview copy for proofreading and feedback, please let me know.

Aulenback and Thor like this post

Back to top Go down
Friedrich Hetzenauer
General
General
Friedrich Hetzenauer

PostSubject: Re: Night Goblins - New warband (fixed broken link)   Night Goblins - New warband  (fixed broken link) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2020 - 16:32

I'd be very much interested in taking a look. Of all the unofficial warbands I like this one the most (mostly because it lets me use all those wonderful Kev Adams sculpts, but it's actually a pretty fair list- which is rare in the fan made world.)

Pathfinder Dubstyles likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Night Goblins - New warband (fixed broken link)   Night Goblins - New warband  (fixed broken link) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat 29 Aug 2020 - 13:05

I'd be very interested in taking a look too! I've been working on a list to use the new Gloomspite Gitz models, focussing on the Squig Hoppers, so I'd be very interested in comparing notes! If this is the same Night Goblin warband that featured in the Karak Azgal expansion, it's what I used as the basis for my 'Knight Goblin' list, & one I've enjoyed playing in its classic form.

Thor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Night Goblins - New warband (fixed broken link)   Night Goblins - New warband  (fixed broken link) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Sep 2020 - 4:07

I used the Karak Azgal list as a base, but it's gone through a lot of revisions as you can see from the topic's history. I am going to do a few more edits passes before sending out a final version for all to see.

Aulenback and Thor like this post

Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Night Goblins - New warband (fixed broken link)   Night Goblins - New warband  (fixed broken link) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2020 - 16:44

Any word on those edits? Not to rush you, I'm just curious. Still looking forward to seeing the list, & sticking my long green nose into your work!

Thor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thor

Thor

PostSubject: Re: Night Goblins - New warband (fixed broken link)   Night Goblins - New warband  (fixed broken link) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2020 - 12:33

Pathfinder, thank you for all your hard work with the new ‘Gloomspite’ Squiggy Knight Goblins... I’m sooooo looking forward to playing them in our new Lustria Campaign. I’ll let you know my thoughts/feedback after a whole campaign if you would like??
Back to top Go down
Thor

Thor

PostSubject: Re: Night Goblins - New warband (fixed broken link)   Night Goblins - New warband  (fixed broken link) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2020 - 8:53

Pathfinder, any chance you could please PM me a draft to playtest?
Back to top Go down
Thor

Thor

PostSubject: Re: Night Goblins - New warband (fixed broken link)   Night Goblins - New warband  (fixed broken link) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Oct 2020 - 5:53

Can anyone send me the experimental Squggy list Pathfinder keeps talking about?
Back to top Go down
thornz
Hero
Hero
thornz

PostSubject: Re: Night Goblins - New warband (fixed broken link)   Night Goblins - New warband  (fixed broken link) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Nov 2020 - 1:03

Hey Team,

Has anyone got those updated rules from Pathfinder?

I’m dead keen on trialing them
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Night Goblins - New warband (fixed broken link)   Night Goblins - New warband  (fixed broken link) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Dec 2020 - 14:59

So not to disappoint anyone but my latest changes are not as sweeping and grand as you may be expecting! I am not making a warband that can be fully mounted on squigs, it is a skill. Also, heavy armor does not fit with the goblins we have currently, so that squiggly knight armor will have to count as light armor. But light armor, shield, and a mount is still 4+ save, more if you use common shield house rules!

Once I give it another pass I'll share it, but here is my question to you all: would you prefer a version with the animosity table included but but an increased page count, or one without that reference? It's already tied for the largest page count on any warband...
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Night Goblins - New warband (fixed broken link)   Night Goblins - New warband  (fixed broken link) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Dec 2020 - 16:47

Oooh, that means there's still a space for my all-mounted 'Knight Goblins'...

I for one think it'd be good to have the relevant Animosity Table included; but maybe on an extra page, so it can be easily printed without the table. But Animosity Table included, for me, definitely.
Back to top Go down
Pathfinder Dubstyles
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pathfinder Dubstyles

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Night Goblins - New warband (fixed broken link)   Night Goblins - New warband  (fixed broken link) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Dec 2020 - 18:08

At one point I considered splitting the warband into squig centered models and others, so definitely room for amother NG warband.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Night Goblins - New warband (fixed broken link)   Night Goblins - New warband  (fixed broken link) - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Night Goblins - New warband (fixed broken link)
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7