Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Man of the Match!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Man of the Match! Empty
PostSubject: Man of the Match!   Man of the Match! Icon_minitimeMon 8 Dec 2008 - 21:28

I just thought i'd throw it out in the open for you to see and maybe even take in Wink

Our group have been playing with Man of the Match, and the rules are simple.
After each match, the participants choose the model from the opponent team who did the coolest thing during the match. That being doing a successful diving charge from 4", singlehandedly taking out a rat ogre, completing the objective solo or something the like. This model (entire group if henchmen) gets a +1 exp bonus.

Simples as that, you can get a boost for the character you want (by letting him do reckless/insane stunts) and the henchmen gets to do stuff other than just being cannon fodder Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

Man of the Match! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man of the Match!   Man of the Match! Icon_minitimeMon 8 Dec 2008 - 21:33

I like this-- no, I love it! I think I read it before on the SG Forum so thanks for reminding me of it. This is a totally great idea. I love that it supports the style/coolness factor of games. It's simple and very effective. Exactly how a good rule should be.

I will introduce this idea to my gaming groups and see what they think about it (not gonna keep it exclusive to Mordheim games). Thanks again for posting the idea. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

Man of the Match! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man of the Match!   Man of the Match! Icon_minitimeMon 8 Dec 2008 - 22:31

If you like that, you can also use rules for the 'Willaim Schakestange DP", that Brahm posted in Letters of the Damned... instead of making him a DP, let him apply to ALL heroes. He was basically my way of making a 'MVP' bonus, a la Blood Bowl. Each game, one lucky hero will be recorded in the Book of Coragio!
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

Man of the Match! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man of the Match!   Man of the Match! Icon_minitimeMon 8 Dec 2008 - 23:03

StyrofoamKing wrote:
If you like that, you can also use rules for the 'Willaim Schakestange DP", that Brahm posted in Letters of the Damned... instead of making him a DP, let him apply to ALL heroes. He was basically my way of making a 'MVP' bonus, a la Blood Bowl. Each game, one lucky hero will be recorded in the Book of Coragio!

The ingeniousness of this rule lies in the simplicity and by padding out the concept you're taking away some of its "magic". That's only my opinion, of course. I don't know the Blood Bowl MVP bonus so I can't say how original this rule really is but I do can say that I like it because it is only a small addition instead of a big rule that requires much attention or admin work.
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing
Etheral
Etheral
StyrofoamKing

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

Man of the Match! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man of the Match!   Man of the Match! Icon_minitimeTue 9 Dec 2008 - 4:35

This is true. KISS: Keep it Simple Stupid. I withdraw my suggestion.

MVP in Blood Bowl was an interested and blessed thing: In an average game, you may have your blitzer score 2 points, or your blocker seriously injure 3 or so, so by the end of the match, you'd have three or four guys with about 2-3 star points. The MVP bonus gave a whopping 5 star points to... a completely random person on each team!!! Sometimes it matched perfectly the most deserving person on your team, but most times you'd be scratching your head, going 'that guy did NOTHING this turn!" Ironically, sometimes that boost pushed a wortless character into learning a great skill, MAKING him a valuable person the next game. So, when using the Coragio points, each person who does something brave (charge a fear causing model, intercept a charge, etc), he gets a Coragio point. It didn't matter if a person earned further points, because a random person on your side got the bonus: +2 for heroes, +1 for a henchmen group. although, simple is nice too.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/styroheim/
MyLittlePwny
Elder
Elder
MyLittlePwny

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Lizardmen (Unofficial) Lizardmen (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Man of the Match! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man of the Match!   Man of the Match! Icon_minitimeTue 9 Dec 2008 - 6:37

Heh yeah styro, i remember that guy - i really liked him! But yes - KISS as you say Razz
The shakespeare is a bit more about being courageous where the 'motm' is based on coolness Razz (as i see it ofc hehe)
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Personal Info

Man of the Match! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man of the Match!   Man of the Match! Icon_minitimeTue 9 Dec 2008 - 8:55

Thanks a lot for taking the time to explain this to me, Styro! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Man of the Match! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man of the Match!   Man of the Match! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Man of the Match!
Page 1 of 1