Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

goblin conversion-ish thingie

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
matt
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
matt

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

goblin - goblin conversion-ish thingie Empty
PostSubject: goblin conversion-ish thingie   goblin - goblin conversion-ish thingie Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008 - 22:29

this is one of my attempts to get better at sculpting, so I've made a full green goblin like thingie (WIP) and I'd like some C+C (post copied from another forum)

well, thanks everyone, and, as I promised, I'd make more Smile
here is my (WIP) goblin carried on shield by two other goblins.
goblin - goblin conversion-ish thingie Warhammer001goblin - goblin conversion-ish thingie Warhammer002
goblin - goblin conversion-ish thingie Warhammer003goblin - goblin conversion-ish thingie Warhammer004

would be great if you can identify it, if not :
the dude on the left is a dolly of a night goblin, I already started his head.
The dude on the right is another dolly of a night goblin (without head)
the weird thing they're carrying is suppossed to become a shield and the right dude will properbly get a sword.
there is now dude on the shield yet (as you may have noticed).
all kinds of comments and critism is welcome (please answer fast, cause i'm planning on continuing tomorrow Wink)

Thanks in advance,
Matt

Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Ezekiel

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: goblin conversion-ish thingie   goblin - goblin conversion-ish thingie Icon_minitimeTue 18 Nov 2008 - 22:38

oy, that's quite the goal you've set for yourself man, you intend to refrain from the use of bits at all? I like the Idea though, makes for funny posings and deformaties! Smile

at this stage it's hard to comment, as it's all very base, and you can do just about anything to make or break it...

though one piece of advice... have another look (or go) at the shield, it seems heavier than any goblin boss could ever be! (rather thick) maybe try some plasticard to create stuff with? (to get a nice rounded shape, find the base shape you want for it among your mum's dishes and place the plasticard on that (or in it) and heat it in the oven, or with a paintburner (verf föhn) then it will shape nicely, and be a lot less cumbersome!

hope to see updates as promised tomorrow! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.mysthconcepts.nl
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: goblin conversion-ish thingie   goblin - goblin conversion-ish thingie Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008 - 14:50

Good luck, matt. That's quite a project, but, if you pull it off, it will be SO COOL!thumbsup
Back to top Go down
jackanory
Warlord
Warlord
jackanory

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: goblin conversion-ish thingie   goblin - goblin conversion-ish thingie Icon_minitimeThu 20 Nov 2008 - 17:17

The best piece of advice when scratch building I find is just to have patience and keep plugging away, most of the time it's gonna look shit until the last 10% of sculpting! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: goblin conversion-ish thingie   goblin - goblin conversion-ish thingie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

goblin conversion-ish thingie
Page 1 of 1