Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Black Dwarven Chaos Engine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Leavhon
Hero
Hero
Leavhon

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

chaos - Black Dwarven Chaos Engine Empty
PostSubject: Black Dwarven Chaos Engine   chaos - Black Dwarven Chaos Engine Icon_minitimeWed 6 Nov 2019 - 11:12

A few months ago, I read this passage in the Black Dwarven warband, about their Daemonic Engines: "Gaolers lock up their victims in a twisted daemonic machine crafted by the industrial insanity of Chaos Engineers. The vehicle is a living prison on wheels. Armoured engines transport captives to the Dark Lands, to feed fuel to furnaces or to become sacrifices."

After many attempts and consultations with my bits box, which is the size of a couple of rooms now, I have put together something. Initially, I had been inspired by a 'walker' found googling Chaos Dwarf demon engine, but then it got a little out of hand ...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

In the background there are the two cages that will be added later: the gray and square one (Nolzur Deep Cuts) will be placed in the back of the cockpit, while the round brown cage (Mantic Terrain Crate) will be hung on the hook you see on the left side of the model.

Criticisms and suggestions are welcome.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Black Dwarven Chaos Engine   chaos - Black Dwarven Chaos Engine Icon_minitimeWed 6 Nov 2019 - 13:30

That is a WONDERFULLY imaginative mechanical contraption, BEAUTIFULLY crafted. When its all painted up you will have a center piece for your War Band. OUTSTANDING WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Black Dwarven Chaos Engine   chaos - Black Dwarven Chaos Engine Icon_minitimeWed 6 Nov 2019 - 15:27

Right, well... that's pretty awesome. I see what you mean about it getting out of hand, because the size of that beast makes it impractical for quite a lot of Mordheim gameplay... but it's Very Cool, & the Rule of Cool must prevail. You have what amounts to a living terrain piece, & that's no bad thing.

I think my only points of concern would be about access. I feel like they could do with a ladder, maybe just a chain-ladder (like a rope ladder, but more Metal), for access to the upper platform. & maybe a simple pulley to lift slaves to cage level. I'm sure we all know what a nuisance it is trying to lift a slave up to the higher levels of a demon-engine, especially when they keep wriggling...

Basically though, it's a great build & a fantastic centrepiece for the warband. Nice work!
Back to top Go down
Leavhon
Hero
Hero
Leavhon

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Black Dwarven Chaos Engine   chaos - Black Dwarven Chaos Engine Icon_minitimeWed 6 Nov 2019 - 17:24

The ladder is a really good idea, I'll add one later.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth
Ancient
Ancient
Gatlag Stonetooth

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Black Dwarven Chaos Engine   chaos - Black Dwarven Chaos Engine Icon_minitimeMon 18 Nov 2019 - 17:34

Looking cool! Are you going to use it in a fantasy setting like Mordheim? Then you'll have to make it a bit more "old looking", guess adding wooden panels or so would help.
Back to top Go down
werekin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
werekin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Norse (Unofficial) Norse (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Black Dwarven Chaos Engine   chaos - Black Dwarven Chaos Engine Icon_minitimeTue 24 Dec 2019 - 22:52

This looks ultra cool!
Back to top Go down
https://libermalefic.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Dwarven Chaos Engine   chaos - Black Dwarven Chaos Engine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Dwarven Chaos Engine
Page 1 of 1