Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Foots Terrain and other bits

Go down 
+12
Pfreck
Brandlin
Eliazar
lord siwoc
Ezekiel
shotguncoffee
Crunch
Figgy
Ashton
DeafNala
Tagnator
Foot_of_adhesive_tape
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

terrain - Foots Terrain and other bits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foots Terrain and other bits   terrain - Foots Terrain and other bits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010 - 10:22

Wow! That's a very cool nasty looking hand. I would like to use (two) hands like this for my pirate games (to represent a gigantic giant coming from under the ocean with the ships fleeing from it).
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Foots Terrain and other bits   terrain - Foots Terrain and other bits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010 - 13:36

Foot_of_adhesive_tape wrote:
@deaf
I can see how it can be addictive, i already have a bunch more ideas for more.

It gets worse...the buildings start giving you ideas for the Folks that might inhabit/hide out in/pass by them, which leads you into doing up the minis, which start your imagination working on stories about the now more complete picture, which feeds into YET MORE building, minis, stories...ad infinitum. terrain - Foots Terrain and other bits - Page 2 Affraid terrain - Foots Terrain and other bits - Page 2 Suspect

The Hand got me thinking of Terry Pratchett's take on Stone Trolls...they are forever growing; when ANCIENT & HUGE the rock part of them can take over leading them to centuries long slumber. In this case I see something more in the order of a Mountain Giant...HOWEVER, the Troll/Giant begins to awaken, stretching his hand from the earth. The hand is covered with clumps of various flora that have taken root....I think a cold shower is in order for moi. terrain - Foots Terrain and other bits - Page 2 Suspect
Back to top Go down
Horatio
Knight
Knight
Horatio

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Bretonnians (Unofficial) Bretonnians (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Foots Terrain and other bits   terrain - Foots Terrain and other bits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010 - 16:39

That's pretty nice. You could build a house around it, and then have a massive stone hand smashing through it to the roof, or you could make it a fountain of some sort with fountains of green water pouring from the fingertips, or theoretically it could be some kind of mega monster for a scenario entitled "High Five".
Back to top Go down
cjp
Knight
Knight
cjp

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Foots Terrain and other bits   terrain - Foots Terrain and other bits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010 - 7:04

Foot_of_adhesive_tape wrote:
Indeed i did see yours and it looks great! Smile

Update from me! i have finished my big ruined mansion. Heres acouple of pics.

terrain - Foots Terrain and other bits - Page 2 1
terrain - Foots Terrain and other bits - Page 2 6

Lots more pics of it in my blog! (i know, i know, shameless plug, dont hate me for it Embarassed )

Im am very happy how it turned out for my first proper fully finished bit of terrain and was rather fun to paint and build, so i may have to do more in the future Very Happy

-Foot

This is great! I really like the charred edges, but even more I like the absolutely mad pile of rubble and junk on the main floor. So many of us understandably want playable area for the games, but its great now and again to see some area given over to really carrying the aesthetic through. Nice work, sir! Cool
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Foots Terrain and other bits   terrain - Foots Terrain and other bits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2010 - 14:58

Nice work dude, love the dirty dark ruineous style! But what else to expect from somebody who made some of the crayziest figures i´ve ever seen?! Excellent work mister, thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foots Terrain and other bits   terrain - Foots Terrain and other bits - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foots Terrain and other bits
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2