Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Tales from the outpost

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Erkwin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Erkwin

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned: none

Tales from the outpost Empty
PostSubject: Tales from the outpost   Tales from the outpost Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2007 - 22:43

So, I decided to report the last battles my brave Reikis fought, and as they took place in a forest near the small refugee camp called "Henriks letzte Rast", named after a hero who died at this place, ambushed by beastmen, I thougt "tales from the outpost" isn't the worst titel to choose.

Well, dear listener, it was just a little north from where we sit right now, where a small group of Soldiers of our loved Emperor met the shadowspawn and the lizardbeasts in battle, near those ruins we passed around midday.

The bloodthursting vampire-minion Ludwig von Cerstenfeld was surching this ruins for some sort of evil artefacts, when he heard the warriors approching.
As soon as his undead followers burst out of the ruins, the brave warriors took their grounds, preparing themselves for the attack on a hill and the roof-top of an abandonded farm house.

Suddenly, both forces were confronted with the sudden appearance of a group of lizardmen, leap by a shaman, who could run faster than a horse, I was told.
The captain loaded his crossbow with no hurry, aimed, and shot.
The lizard was hit, and although it seemed week and had suffered a hard wound, it still stode on its legs.
It ran towards the shadow of the trees, to take cover, but it could not escape the captain's crossbow. With eagle eyes he spotted the creature and shot it down.

I the meantime, the vampire's followers and the swordsmen clashed at the foot of the hill.
The big and angry lizardmen were closing in as well, but still too far away to charge.
The swordsmen showed neither mercy nor fear, as they cut down both dregs and the dire wolves.
But they could not resist the vampire. One after another was struck to the ground by his mighty blows.

When the lizardmen realized there leader was lying on the ground, unmoving, they disappeared as fast as they had arrived.
Let me tell you this:
You can never know about these creatures, and you will never understand them.

The vampire continued his bloody path through the ranks of the brave warriors, who never showed the smallest sign of fear, until he reallised all his minions were shot down or too far away, and pulled back, swearing revenge to the Captain standing on the farm house roof.

That's the storie of this ruins...
You ask me how I know this?
...because I was there. And now we'll better rest, it will be a hard ride tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Erkwin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Erkwin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the outpost   Tales from the outpost Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2007 - 16:26

And here what happend during the battle, in normal words:
First turn:
The vampir got the first turn, and moved everything forward towards the middle of the table, where the three forces would meet.
Then folled my turn, I moved everyone in shooting positions on a hill and a roof top, the melee-warriors(2 swordsmen, both champions and a young blood) moved forward to meet the vampire.
The lizards player moved last, moving his shaman 18" forward, with the rest of the warband following(2 skinks, 3 of the big ones, don't know what they are called Wink , a big hero and a skink youngblood).

Turn 2:
The undead horde moved on, but nothing of big importance happend.
In my turn, I shot a zombie and wounded the shaman once, but the player told me with a smile that he had two wounds. Damn Evil or Very Mad
The lizard shaman took cover behind a tree, the rest of the warband moved on, but his skink hero was in charge range of the dire wolves...

Turn 3:
...who charged, followed by a dreg, and took him OOA. The rest prepared for the swordsmen's charge. The necromancer let the fallen zombie rise again Mad
The swordsmen and Heros charged, taking down a dreg. The captain skillfully used his crossbow and shot the shaman OOA(I love trick shooter Laughing ).
I hoped the lizards would charge the dire wolves and zombies, but they failed their first moral check and routed Shocked

Turn 4+
Well, I can't recall these last turns for sure, it was all a bloddy melee with a few shots now and then. At the end, only my captain, one youngblood, a bowman and a crossbowman stood, when the vampire routed.

Fortunatly, all warriors but one bowman survived, but the vampire lost both his ghouls and the lizard shaman now hates my captain Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the outpost   Tales from the outpost Icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2007 - 18:20

Nice battle report Erk! Very Happy

Any pics of the battle? Any pics of the models?
Back to top Go down
http://boringmordheimblog.blogspot.com
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the outpost   Tales from the outpost Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2007 - 14:41

Great report Erkwin! cheers

"Tales from the outpost" is a cracking title! bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Erkwin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Erkwin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the outpost   Tales from the outpost Icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2007 - 15:38

Thanks a lot,
I'm glad you like it,
allthough I'm not so happy with the report because it was harder to write it in English than I had thought Neutral

Unfortunatly I forgot to take my camera with me, so I could not take any pictures, but I will when we play the next time. Promise Smile
Back to top Go down
Erkwin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Erkwin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Outpost under siege!   Tales from the outpost Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug 2008 - 19:44

News from Tom's Boring Mordheim Roadshow around the World

Our famous AdminTom was in Cologne for the week-end, so after hanging around in the city and listening to some cool jazz/blues/whatever street musicians on friday evening, we decided to play some games on saturday.

As we had to wait for a friend of mine who was late, we decided to not waste any time and start playing.
I used the warband which had already fought their way through the damned city of Vienna, the Red Band Tales from the outpost 842536, while Tom used an unofficial WoodelfTales from the outpost 492214warband (courtesy of Brahm Tazoul)

The first game was about getting four Wyrdstone shards, which were spread over the board.
It was a carnage, since although Tom drew the first blood by shooting one of my Marksman (who, of course, died after the battle) with his Lord, the superior experiance of the Red Band resultet in a dead Wood Elf Lord, two Glade Guards OoA and three Wyrdstones taken by the Reiks.

During the battle I realised I had forgotten to place one Marksman. Well, nevermind.

The second game was a three-parties-game, with the Red Band defending their camp, and big building in the middle of the table, against Tom's Wood Elfs and a friend's Possessed, who attacked from opposit sides.

The first warrior OoA was the possessed Magister, who was shot by a well placed arrow from the Marksman Erich, after he succesfully casted Wings of Darkness to get out of sight of the shooters. Unfortunatly he didn't see the lonly sniper.

Well, the rest was a short story. Tom's elves got shot by hail after hail of arrows and bolts from the defenders, before they could make it to their lines, and the Possessed routed three turns later after I took out a Brethren who had charged one of my swordman.
The Possessed managed to steal one of the four treasures kept in the house, the others were succesfully defended by the Red Band.

Last edited by Erkwin on Mon 18 Aug 2008 - 20:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the outpost   Tales from the outpost Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug 2008 - 20:03

lol!

Good report, Erkwin. I LOVE the title. After supposedly returning to Vienna "FOREVER", he seems to have succumbed to his native Mercenary heritage & wandered throughout Germany seeking battles for Gold, Glory, & More Gold [the Gold being destined to be spent on minis & chocolates: not necessarily in that order Suspect ].
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the outpost   Tales from the outpost Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug 2008 - 20:20

Ah yes! A grimm day for the elves Smile

Thanks for the report Erk! I enjoyed getting slaughtered by your Reiks Wink
On the bright side: I have never been so successful at casting in Mordheim IN MY LIFE!

@ All: We had three cameras for that game. None of them worked.
That's why we don't have any pictures... sorry guys Sad

And thanks to Brahm Tazoul for providing me with the experimental rules for wood elves for playtesting. I thought it was a very well ballanced list.

Erkwin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Erkwin

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the outpost   Tales from the outpost Icon_minitimeMon 18 Aug 2008 - 20:38

I found a picture Tales from the outpost Drunken_smilie

Tales from the outpost 6-a6bf10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales from the outpost   Tales from the outpost Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tales from the outpost
Page 1 of 1