HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lightbox
Captain
Captain
Lightbox

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Empty
PostSubject: Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!   Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Icon_minitimeFri 2 Nov 2018 - 14:04

So in a bid to get a warband actually finished for once (I always lose it midway through painting) here be some models for a mordheim pirate crew!

First up is my lady captain herself!
Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2010
Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2011

Then we have our mates! (Want to try and get some pistols to add onto their waists and the captain)
Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2012
Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2013

And then the cabin boys! I gave them cultist bodies to make them look like they had crappy old gear because theg hadn't yet earnt some pirate finery being the runts of the crew.
Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2015
Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2016

And what pirate crew would be right without some... Well crew!
Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2014

I haven't yet sorted out lists or names I just wanted to start getting some models made to paint, plan to have a variety of crew to swap in and out as necessary etc. Provided a lot of dual wielders. Gunners are gonna be hardest to convert with the frostgrave crew alas, but I'll try!

Last edited by Lightbox on Mon 28 Jan 2019 - 16:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 8

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!   Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Icon_minitimeSat 3 Nov 2018 - 6:54

That is a FINE LOOKING Crew of Scurvy Knaves. The Captain, in particular, is a BEAUTIFUL miniature. Have FUN finishing them! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!   Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Icon_minitimeSat 3 Nov 2018 - 9:18

Yarr! I approve of this crew. Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! 665330 Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! 665330 Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! 665330 Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! 665330 Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! 665330
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhydderch
Ancient
Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!   Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Icon_minitimeSun 4 Nov 2018 - 4:23

A fine start to a warband!

...Though part of me panics to see they aren't all based to match.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!   Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Icon_minitimeMon 5 Nov 2018 - 13:21

Ah, always good to see more pirates!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightbox
Captain
Captain
Lightbox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!   Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Icon_minitimeThu 8 Nov 2018 - 5:37

Rhydderch wrote:

...Though part of me panics to see they aren't all based to match.

Yeah basically I had used the frostgrave bases for those models but then one of my heroes was already on a round so I figured 'why not do heroes on rounds and crew on flats?' to make the heroes stand out a bit more but I may just swap everyone onto the proper round bases. Make them a bit more uniform, and raised.

Also thanks for the compliments everyone Smile Hoping to get some paint thrown on them soon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harrocks
General
General
Harrocks

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!   Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Icon_minitimeFri 9 Nov 2018 - 4:17

great stuff and kit-bashing.

I've got that pirate queen figure too.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightbox
Captain
Captain
Lightbox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!   Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2019 - 16:56

So it's been a while! Things have been busy here but since I started up doing rangers of the shadow deep with friends at the club it's made me realize it would be a much better idea to put together a pool of various lovely skirmish models as opposed to set groups and warbands each time, this would work for raggamuffin groups who don't necessarily need to be uniform like pirates or mercenaries and let me have fun and go wild with making models (also let me use fun models for multiple things!). So anyway here's what I've been working on today:

First up is a fun ranger type, simple model but has really nice dynamic feel. Fun to work with and paint! Great hero archer for mercenaries.
Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2021
Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2022

Next up is one of my pirate mates finally getting some paint! And honestly I didn't realize how nice this sculpt really was till I painted him. Oozing character.
Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2023
Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2025

As soon as I saw this zombicide sculpt I fell in love. Shame my painting doesn't do it justice (rip faces) but she's pretty perfect for a mercenary hero. I'm even thinking of running tileans to use her and other 'duelist' style models.
Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2024
Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2026

Hopefully they'll be finished soon. Definitely can't wait to get them on the table!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!   Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jan 2019 - 18:19

The various adventuring Folk are all potentially WONDERFUL creations. OUTSTANDING WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harrocks
General
General
Harrocks

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!   Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jan 2019 - 1:50

dynamic and vibrant - excellent work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightbox
Captain
Captain
Lightbox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!   Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jan 2019 - 2:43

DeafNala wrote:
The various adventuring Folk are all potentially WONDERFUL creations. OUTSTANDING WORK!  thumbsup

Harros wrote:
dynamic and vibrant - excellent work.

Cheers guys! I'm really enjoying the work on rag tag human types and hopefully will get some more paint on them later tonight Smile Next step will be to get some warbands written up for them to star in. Will be sure to post the updates on various models as I go!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhydderch
Ancient
Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!   Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Icon_minitimeFri 1 Feb 2019 - 8:01

Ahh, some modelling/gaming issues there I know well. "I like this model (or these models) & might build a warband around them" is how I made my Dogs of War Tilean warband. & making models fulfil more than one role is also handy -- I have some elves who are part of three different Lord of the Rings armies, plus serving in Kings of War & Warlords of Erehwon...

Nice work on the models! Good colour choices especially.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightbox
Captain
Captain
Lightbox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!   Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Icon_minitimeSat 23 Feb 2019 - 3:00

So been a bit slow on the update front. Busy busy busy with AoS stuff mostly! However I did receive some lovely news this morning.

Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2027

My daughters of the burning rose Kickstarter stuff arrived! So I'm going to have fun making a warband out of those! Probably sisters of sigmar though as you can see it won't just be hammers and whips! Should be fun Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!   Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Icon_minitimeSat 23 Feb 2019 - 5:28

That is quite a haul of interesting looking minis. Have FUN with it all! What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!   Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2019 - 11:37

Nice find thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightbox
Captain
Captain
Lightbox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!   Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2019 - 16:30

So as my weekend was full of smashing demons apart as a Paladin in d&d I haven't had a chance to build these ladies yet. However I have got some lovely photos of all the different parts/sprues for you all to give an idea of what they'll look like once built.

Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2029
This gorgeous model I plan to use as my matriarch, holding a severed demon head in a badass manner! Kicking names and taking... Heads. Only problem is she won't be able to use the sword unless I want her with a 2handed weapon (I don't) so I'll have to convert it into a sogmarite hammer.

Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2030
Now this fancy lady will make a nice augur. I mean who says blind people blessed with holy sight can't have fashion style? (duel daggers is a nice callback to the original model and tbh she's not here for fighting)

Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2028
Now this is a fun model. Only problem is she has a 2handed weapon... I could technically swap it for double weapons but... She looks cool with the giant axe so guess she'll keep it (optimising lists is for nerds [Read: people who know what they're doing] anyway)

Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2031Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2032
Two nice models to be more sister superiors, shame they'll have shields though. Those can't be removed easily, I'll have to make do or find ways to convert.

Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2033
The regular girls. Got 10 of these and loooodsa hammers. Fun fun fun.

Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2034
Extra weapon sprue I got. Mostly guns but some stuff I can use for those who need it. Also got pistol hands for free as had to select 2 different options in pledge manager. Shall likely carve off the pistols and make whips from greenstuff for them.

Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2035
I also got this girl as a freebie for pledging x amount. Might turn her into another sister superior so I don't need both shieldies, will need some work as she's a bit sci-fi compared to the others. Easily fixable though!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!   Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2019 - 16:41

There are some interesting pieces with all sorts of possibilities...definite FUN potential. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightbox
Captain
Captain
Lightbox

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!   Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2019 - 14:39

Do excuse the poor quality but i got my 5 heroes built up today! Just need a whip for the one with a free hand and a coiled whip for the matriarch holding the severed demon head. How does she sever heads with a hammer and whip? Well she's obviously just that good!

Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Img_2036

Painting should be easy enough (famous last words?) Got my spray can of leadbelcher and then some beige for tabards and to do the fur & minor details.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!   Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2019 - 15:06

They are SPLENDID looking Pious Ladies with more than enough detail/clutter to make them interesting. I am sure you are up to the challenge. What a Face
I imagine beheading someone with a hammer would be a REALLY messy affair...probably extremely painful to boot. clown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhydderch
Ancient
Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!   Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Icon_minitimeWed 27 Feb 2019 - 2:34

My oh my, I'm very much looking forward to my own pledge being fulfilled... Just as soon as they've finished designing the last models I included! Very nice use of the models, & good luck painting them!

Oh, & as for beheading with a hammer & whip -- I'd guess she just pulled the head off by brute force.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!   Yaar here be pirates! And other models too! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yaar here be pirates! And other models too!
Page 1 of 1