Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Four Armed Mutant Skill Request Options

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven
Achievements earned: none

Four Armed Mutant Skill Request Options  Empty
PostSubject: Four Armed Mutant Skill Request Options    Four Armed Mutant Skill Request Options  Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2018 - 6:56

I was doing a search on old topics and came up with, what I hope, is a new scenario.

The scenario is: I have a 4 armed mutant wielding double-handed sword, sword, and dagger. This combination allows the multi-armed mutant to maximize his allowable melee weapon allotment. As he is now, he charges with sword and dagger; then return combat from enemy, (if the mutant is still standing) then mutant uses double-handed sword with +2 strength.

My question is: What if the same mutant were to take “Weapons Training” and change the Double-handed Sword to a Halbred? This option would lose +1 strength, but gain not striking last in the charge. Would this option even by worth the trouble or should this mutant go with a different skill, such as Strike to injure or Sprint? And why?

Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Four Armed Mutant Skill Request Options    Four Armed Mutant Skill Request Options  Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2018 - 11:47

I'd probably go with 'Step Aside', giving the mutant an invulnerable 5+ save in close combat. It'd help keep him in the fight until he can take a swing with the mighty greatsword. With the double-handed weapon, I think the main benefit of Sprint would be lost, because the mutant would still be losing the charge bonus. Weapons Training and a halberd is also a good option, because in most situations that +1 strength counts as much as a +2 -- but it still relies on the mutant charging to make a real difference. So I'd go with Step Aside.
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Four Armed Mutant Skill Request Options    Four Armed Mutant Skill Request Options  Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2018 - 5:13

Personally I prefer my first skill on a hero to be something that will help keep him alive, so Step Aside is a pretty good one there.

Sprint is better more for getting into position and securing objectives (e.g. treasure tokens and lost princes) than for combat so for the second skill I would probably go with Strike To Injure.

An additional advantage of Weapons Training is that it would allow your two original arms to have a halberd and it would allow your two additional arms to be armed with Weeping Blades or Fighting Claws because, as a pair, they only take up one weapon slot. You would have to get them off a Skaven Player though, so that will most likely mean capturing a Skaven hero and ransoming to get them. Either that or playing Relics of the Crusade campaign setting and choosing the Path of the Merchant (allows the purchase of gear from other warbands).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four Armed Mutant Skill Request Options    Four Armed Mutant Skill Request Options  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Four Armed Mutant Skill Request Options
Page 1 of 1