Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Something nice from Warhammer Community

Go down 
+2
Codsticker
Rhydderch
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

Trading Reputation : 0

Community - Something nice from Warhammer Community Empty
PostSubject: Something nice from Warhammer Community   Community - Something nice from Warhammer Community Icon_minitimeThu 1 Mar 2018 - 18:23

For anyone who doesn't regularly check the Warhammer Community page (which wouldn't be unreasonable, given the lack of relevance to Mordheim of most of that site...), this Nurgle army showcase was posted yesterday: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/28/28-feb-nurgles-carnivalgw-homepage-post-3/

It's quite a Blanchian, Mordheim-influenced force with strong ties to the good old Carnival of Chaos, & might be a good source of inspiration or just something to enjoy staring at (like I did).

(NB -- feel free to move this if you think it'd be better somewhere else; I'm looking at you DN!)
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

Trading Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Something nice from Warhammer Community   Community - Something nice from Warhammer Community Icon_minitimeFri 2 Mar 2018 - 3:46

I love the snail and rider. thumbsup clown
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Something nice from Warhammer Community   Community - Something nice from Warhammer Community Icon_minitimeFri 2 Mar 2018 - 15:58

Thanks for the link! This truly is a fine warband/army, even if the quality of the paintjob is a little bit inconsistent. Like the hobbyist, I myself never was into Nurgle a lot until the latest Plaguebearer models came out. They are just SO characterful!
Back to top Go down
Jburns272
Champion
Champion
Jburns272

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Something nice from Warhammer Community   Community - Something nice from Warhammer Community Icon_minitimeFri 2 Mar 2018 - 18:15

Thanks for sharing. I tend to favor Tzeentch but I like the theme of this army. The merry madness of Nurgle's followers is always amusing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Something nice from Warhammer Community   Community - Something nice from Warhammer Community Icon_minitimeSat 3 Mar 2018 - 11:34

Grandfather Nurgle's been getting more love just recently, I think -- GW have really built up the idea of a cycle of life & death in his fluff, & the merriment of his followers, so he's not just 'the plague god'. Tzeentch has had some boosts too, with his own dedicated cultists & Tzaangors, so that's cool. & Slaanesh is being mentioned more in AoS, so the Big S might be planning a comeback with some fun new stuff!

I feel like Khorne has always got a lot of attention because blood-frenzied barbarians is easy to render into a game, so it's good to see other Chaos gods getting similar attention.
Back to top Go down
Jburns272
Champion
Champion
Jburns272

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Something nice from Warhammer Community   Community - Something nice from Warhammer Community Icon_minitimeSat 3 Mar 2018 - 15:06

I feel as though Nurgle and Khorne have both been getting a lot of attention since the release of AOS. Most of the campaigns in the Realmgate Wars books center on followers of those two gods.

Silver Tower and the Tzeentch Book/new units were very welcome. I wasn't keen on the khairic acolytes at first but they're growing on me and I'm going to use some as the basis of my possessed warband.

The story with Slaanesh has a lot of potential and that will be interesting. I hope GW does something good with it. With the Daughters of Khaine coming out, we may see more about what's happening with him/her/it.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Something nice from Warhammer Community   Community - Something nice from Warhammer Community Icon_minitimeSat 3 Mar 2018 - 15:45

Those are SPLENDID & VERY IMAGINATIVE creations...thanks for the links. The Nurgle stuff seems to attract some of the most interesting modelers. OUTSTANDING STUFF! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Something nice from Warhammer Community   Community - Something nice from Warhammer Community Icon_minitimeSat 3 Mar 2018 - 18:49

Thanks for the links! That plague wagon is pretty sweet!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something nice from Warhammer Community   Community - Something nice from Warhammer Community Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something nice from Warhammer Community
Page 1 of 1