Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

What was your longest campaign?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Saluksic
Veteran
Veteran
Saluksic

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned: none

What was your longest campaign? Empty
PostSubject: What was your longest campaign?   What was your longest campaign? Icon_minitimeWed 21 Feb 2018 - 1:33

My dwarfs are idling after their 26th game a year or two ago, but I'm getting ready to start them back up. How long did your longest campaign get? Did you ever max out a hero's xp? What was different about the late game?
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: What was your longest campaign?   What was your longest campaign? Icon_minitimeWed 21 Feb 2018 - 21:41

I've struggled to find a group willing to stick to Mordheim for extended periods. I've played many, many games with completely new warbands and rarely get to string a few battles together for a single warband. Sad My longest campaign was 16 battles.
https://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim/campaign-2010-q2
I had grand plans for my Gunnery School and was planning a narrative campaign so was having fun even though I was at the bottom of the table.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders

PostSubject: Re: What was your longest campaign?   What was your longest campaign? Icon_minitimeWed 21 Feb 2018 - 21:56

(My Gunnery School fought 16 battles in that campaign for anyone who doesn't want to click on the link. Normally I'd be lucky to get past 3 battles with a single warband.)
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Saluksic
Veteran
Veteran
Saluksic

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: What was your longest campaign?   What was your longest campaign? Icon_minitimeWed 21 Feb 2018 - 22:31

My friends have a tendency to re-draft warbands. They get huge xp bonuses off fighting my dwarfs, who aren't very scary, so everyone wins.

I put all my skills into extra tough, resource hunter, wyrdstone hunter, streetwise, etc., and I roll poorly for stat upgrades. Four of my six heroes only have 1 attack at strength 3! So folks don't tend to mind playing a new warband against my seasoned dwarfs.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: What was your longest campaign?   What was your longest campaign? Icon_minitimeThu 22 Feb 2018 - 0:54

We play until one warband gets too tough, or until I get tired of hearing how we used to stop campaigns at 400 warband rating from that guy who doesn't win very often What was your longest campaign? Engel

Or until someone fulfills their campaign objective (actually this has only happened once...)

But we play lots of campaigns as the Battle Report section of the forum will testify...
Back to top Go down
Shadowphx
Warlord
Warlord
Shadowphx

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: What was your longest campaign?   What was your longest campaign? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2018 - 3:47

My group runs a never ending campaign. We have warbands that are over a decade old. We have 10 to 20, or more warbands for each player. We roll percentile dice to randomly see which warbands will be at the table. Of course, we've been playing for about 20 now. The randomness adds flavor for not knowing what we're going to be playing against. Some Bands are so old their stats, skills, and many injuries can be really interesting. Our player group ranges from 2 to 5 players. Depending on who has the day available and we usually get together once or twice a month.

As for redoing all the warbands because one got to powerful, the would suck. Why punish someone for having a good warband? That's what allies are for, troll slayers, ect. We have a Possessed who is nasty, pretty much can take down a warband by itself. But the rest of us don't stop the player from playing it. We just change our strategy to fight that band. Eventually, the rest us need to get a group to Troll Slayers with Monster Hunter together and have a party. Very Happy

But the main thing I was getting at, my group doesn't run a set number of games and then start over. We enjoy the bands running with age, experience, and wisdom.
Back to top Go down
Phantasmal_fiend
General
General
Phantasmal_fiend

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: What was your longest campaign?   What was your longest campaign? Icon_minitimeWed 4 Jul 2018 - 6:23

I havnt played in a couple of years but our group had an ongoing campaign of about 800 games, most players had warbands with maxed out heroes and warband ratings of over 1000.
One player had kept record of all 800 games between the 15-20 players, most games were multiplayer and we had special scenarios every 50 games.
Most players had more than one warband, but we lost a lot of players because the skill gap between players with experienced warbands was too much
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was your longest campaign?   What was your longest campaign? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was your longest campaign?
Page 1 of 1