Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

The first of a thousand.

Go down 
+3
Da Bank
DeafNala
Theodeus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Theodeus
Warrior
Warrior
Theodeus

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

The first of a thousand. Empty
PostSubject: The first of a thousand.   The first of a thousand. Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2008 - 21:37

Well, so my Mordheim starts to take form! First of is a house which I hurried together because we needed scenery for our first game! Cardboard and matches and ice cream sticks!

The first of a thousand. First_1

The first of a thousand. First_2

The first of a thousand. First_3

And then my second house, probably an inn. Inspiration came from here.

The first of a thousand. Second_1

The first of a thousand. Second_2

The first of a thousand. Second_3

The first of a thousand. Second_4

They came out crude, and a little weird mix of styles on my second (thinking about the windows), but I'm surprised how good they look though! There's just the small matter of paint left, or what would you say?
Back to top Go down
http://www.silverpennies.se
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: The first of a thousand.   The first of a thousand. Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2008 - 22:01

I'd say "VERY WELL DONE!" cheers

They are both excellent little pieces. I LOVE the fence & gate on the first one. The Inn/Tavern is an EXCELLENT gaming piece; the sign & the supporting posts, in paticular ROCK! If you can get this kind of quality out of the materials you were working with I can hardly imagine what you'll produce with the proper supplies [AND I have a vivid imaginatirion Suspect ]. BRAVO! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Theodeus
Warrior
Warrior
Theodeus

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Shadow Warriors (Unofficial) Shadow Warriors (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The first of a thousand.   The first of a thousand. Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2008 - 22:06

Wow! Thanks a bunch!

My eyes just started watering. Thanks again! Sir, yes sir!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: The first of a thousand.   The first of a thousand. Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2008 - 23:22

Nice Start....keep em going!!
Back to top Go down
CrazyOrc88
Champion
Champion
CrazyOrc88

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The first of a thousand.   The first of a thousand. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2008 - 0:08

Great job on those, especially the inn, it has a lot of playability while maintaining lots of character. My only constructive criticism would be that the first building looks a little out of proportion, the fence and gate look a little on the large size, although I may be wrong because there are no models in the picture. Keep up the good work, make sure so show us at least finished pictures, if not more WIP's.
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: The first of a thousand.   The first of a thousand. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2008 - 9:58

Well done Theodeus and thanks for sharing.

1) I think your building design has a good tactical element to it.

2) Just a suggestion: Maybe you can add some wood "inside" the windows to make a window frame, so the inside of the building looks more realistic.
Alternatively - if that is too much work - after you have finished the paintjob, you can carefully spray little bursts of black primer "into" the windows to make them look burnt out (that's what I always do). It looks better when you aim a little bit towards the upper part of the window, suggesting the smoke/fire went upwards, scorching everything there.

Keep us posted!

Theodeus
Warrior
Warrior
Theodeus

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: The first of a thousand.   The first of a thousand. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2008 - 11:58

CrazyOrc88 wrote:
My only constructive criticism would be that the first building looks a little out of proportion, the fence and gate look a little on the large size, although I may be wrong because there are no models in the picture.

You're totally right! I opted to pretend like nothing since it was done in a hurry, but it is indeed a bit large. But then I started thinking maybe it's just a fence taller than a man. Could have been a nobles house (oh yeah? just one floor?) who wanted to keep the pesky beggars out! The thing that really don't add up, if that's the case, is the fact that the fence doesn't go all the way to the wall. This is a better design game-wise, but perhaps I'll add that section and make a hole in it!

Admin Tom wrote:
Just a suggestion: Maybe you can add some wood "inside" the windows to make a window frame, so the inside of the building looks more realistic.

Yeah, that is a good idea! I don't know why I didn't do that from the beginning! rabbit I think I'll add the bits on the corner from the first house to the second as well! I like the way it suggests some kind of stone or woodwork!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: The first of a thousand.   The first of a thousand. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2008 - 12:29

I think the "fence & gate" look rather like the wooden wall & coach entry one would expect to find around a Coaching Inn. The rationale for being only a partial wall is that the rest was destroyed in the same blast that destroyed the building. SEE you did a good enough job that your building has a story to it!Suspect thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: The first of a thousand.   The first of a thousand. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2008 - 13:09

the building slook fine, the large fence was probabily used for sheltering the area behind it, and to stop unwanted eyes.

Its ahrd to make a bad building in mordheim, almost anything with holes works especially since every type / style has its own tatics when approaching.

If your seekign quick terrain an idea is to print out the scans for the buildings Cianty provided in another thread and stick them to foamboard etc. thats alot fo buildings quickly and practically a table sorted out for you.

Also a little bit of polyfille rmay help the bubble effect on the walls and add a good texture to paint.

Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: The first of a thousand.   The first of a thousand. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2008 - 13:32

Duce wrote:

print out the scans for the buildings Cianty provided in another thread

*snatches newspaper from Duce's hands*

*thud*
Lazy Duce. Bad. Must provide link.

Here you go Theodeus, enjoy Smile
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/scenery-and-terrain-f4/cardstock-buildings-t513.htm

Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: The first of a thousand.   The first of a thousand. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Oct 2008 - 13:38

I think the buildings are really cool and don't see why there should not be a fence as high as a person aroung the house. The half unhinged door really adds character, as does the bent sign over the inn's door.
Good work so far, hopefully we will see it pained soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The first of a thousand.   The first of a thousand. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The first of a thousand.
Page 1 of 1