Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

So, about the forum....

Go down 
+3
Admin Tom
WarbossKurgan
Goomb
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Goomb
Warrior
Warrior
Goomb

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: None

So, about the forum.... Empty
PostSubject: So, about the forum....   So, about the forum.... Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2007 - 2:32

Just curious, but can you tell us a little about the forum? When did you start it? Why did you start it?

Just a newb here that wanted to see more than one post, but inquiring minds do want to know.

Goomb
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: So, about the forum....   So, about the forum.... Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2007 - 16:57

Tom's blog was where it all began! After a while he was getting so many regular comments that he added the forum:

http://boringmordheimblog.blogspot.com/2007/08/work-in-progress.html

pirat

http://boringmordheimblog.blogspot.com/2007/08/maismais-cest-un-faux-rhum.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Trading Reputation : 12

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: So, about the forum....   So, about the forum.... Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2007 - 21:26

Haha! Very Happy

WarbossKurgan has got it 100% right. The blog was the start and the growing "demand" and number of comments led to the forum.

But I guess a little history can't hurt... Wink

Originally I had made this blog for fun, for my own sake and pleasure, just to fool around with html and such. The main purpose was to share my modelling and paiting progress with my friend Tortiou who lives and studies abroad. A way of staying in touch, if you will.

I honestly never expected that anyone would actually find and read my blog. In fact, my first post was kept in a very self-ironic tone. I didn't even write it in english, since I was not expecting a broad audience!

My friends visited regularily and supported the blog by leaving their comments (and in Tortiou's case, even by spreading the news and recruting new visitors from his entourage). But soon I was getting comments from "new" people I didn't know.
I was really happy about that, because that meant that there were people out there browsing the web in search for Mordheim (apart from GWs site) who actually found and apreciated my blog.

Before long there was a real exchange of ideas going on in the comment section of every post, with "painting advice", opinions and so forth.

The blog experienced a real "boost" in terms of new visitors when I uploaded the second mordheim video about the Mordheim Campaign (Tortiou had prepared the terrain by posting another very short vid before that, which showed a glimpse of our gaming table).

I was contacted by a number of people, telling my that they liked our video and wanted to share their experiences too. It took me some time before the idea of an actual "forum" popped into my head, but when it did, I was very exited about finally having a proper platform that would allow a more vivid exchange of ideas and more importantly (for me) pictures. Because, frankly, by that time I had gotten very curious to see what all these other people had done with their scenery and miniatures. And I still am!

What can I say conclusively?

I do really enjoy coming to this forum, because of the friendly, international, creative atmosphere you guys are giving it. I am very happy to see that the forum is working so well, because it allows me to stay in touch with you guys while I am abroad and unable to feed new stuff into the blog. And most importantly, i am confident that we will continue to have a great time here on Tom's (not so) boring (anymore) Forum.

Thanks to all, here's to YOU guys! king
Back to top Go down
http://boringmordheimblog.blogspot.com
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: So, about the forum....   So, about the forum.... Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2007 - 21:42

Very nice. I really enjoy this forum because of the great atmosphere. Also the fact that we're not that many people gives it a very personal touch. Keep it up y'all!
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: So, about the forum....   So, about the forum.... Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2007 - 21:54

Yeah... Very Happy I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but you are right Cianty. The small community makes it very cosy. You kinda "know" each other Wink
Back to top Go down
Erkwin
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Erkwin

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: So, about the forum....   So, about the forum.... Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2007 - 22:07

I can only agree with cianty- if you post something, it will be answered as soon as someone shows up.
I really like this. And it's a very polit and nice forum too, I can only gratulate Tom for his great idea cheers
Back to top Go down
Ashton
Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info

PostSubject: Thnx for the History   So, about the forum.... Icon_minitimeSat 8 Dec 2007 - 8:20

Thanks for the history Tom.

Yea, I am really hoping to become a regular to this forum. I'm busier than beans, so I end up spacing out for weeks at a time, but I think as long as I'm working on my Mordheim, I'll be around.

Hahah, I just wrote a "deep" thought about that same subject of "great atmosphere" that is present in this forum

keep it up guys,
<3
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
Hellfoot
Warlord
Warlord
Hellfoot

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: So, about the forum....   So, about the forum.... Icon_minitimeSat 8 Dec 2007 - 11:47

Straight to the point history there Tom Razz this forum is even better then the official! we help you out instantly even if you're totaly new and don't even know what Mordheim is. And at the end of the day this forum is a good way of walkin away from your busy life and relax by reading posts and wrtiting them ofc and learn new things.

Cheers
Hellfoot santa
Back to top Go down
Admin Tom
Admin
Admin
Admin Tom

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: So, about the forum....   So, about the forum.... Icon_minitimeSun 9 Dec 2007 - 4:03

@ Ashton: I am glad that you joined! Judging from the quality of your own site, I have no doubt you will be an enrichement to this forum. And don't worry, if you are unable to visit for a week or two, you'll be all the happier when you come back! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, about the forum....   So, about the forum.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, about the forum....
Page 1 of 1