HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Pyrates of the Karribean VI.a--Dead Man's Hand

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean VI.a--Dead Man's Hand   Sun 8 Jul 2018 - 12:15

Those whom the gods love die young. pirat

Jim L wrote:
Mobley 2 died (14 exp.)
New Lad (never got his name)(7 exp.)

And poor Mrs. Wolfgang with 3 hand injuries now has smashed a leg an may not run anymore.

Hired a new Cabin Boy to replace Bruno 2.
Bruno 2 will be sorely missed !

I’m up to 6 wins & 21 losses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Warden
Hero
Hero

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Bretonnians (Unofficial) Bretonnians (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean VI.a--Dead Man's Hand   Sun 15 Jul 2018 - 9:06

Lord Von Kurst your work and battle reports are wonderful. I am a huge fan of your exploits in Tlax the city of ghosts; your terrain collection looks very much like pieces of the old City of Hexocoatl.

I love the tiny details you work into your terrain and miniatures, everything from swords on top of a bookshelf, netting around a pile of boxes down by the shipping wharf, and even one of your imperial looking minis running around in a jaguar (or leopard?) skin cloak! And I love how you have made your spawning pools and river tiles, such great inspiration!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean VI.a--Dead Man's Hand   Tue 17 Jul 2018 - 10:04

Thank you very much. Our terrain is a bit of a hodgepodge.  Not only is it a combination of whatever we bring that night, neither Jim L or myself have a singular style for our own collections so there is a bit of variety.

"looks very much like pieces of the old City of Hexocoatl"--Good eye.  Jim L built a copy of the French Games Day terrain for our own Lustria campaign's sieges back in the day.  He has enough for a 4x6 table (I think. It has been ten years or more since it was all on a table at once.)  Nowadays he just grabs a random box of it, in addition to the other stuff he brings.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Dead Man's Hand--Haunted Treasure
The Undead race the Old Guard to steal The Ghoul King's treasure

Chis and Jim L were unavailable this week.  So John and I got together for Sundayheim.  The plot is that a renegade Ghoul King haunts the City of Ghosts.  The Undead have tracked the Ghoul King to his lair, but foolish mortals interfere...

It was a clear night in Lustria.  The Old Guard drained a keg of Bugman's Ale and ventured into the City of Ghosts...

Hadji suffered -1 Toughness from the Pirate Curse.  He got better. (I forgot the possibility of using the Witch's potion for another game...)

Here the foolish scout Anibal has been dispatched by the Ghoul King and his minions. (Anibal has already been removed)  The Old Guard look on in shock.

The fleet (but slightly crippled) vampire and his sprinting necromancer slip past the distracted guards and grab the treasure!  (On your left the Ogre and his friends have slaughtered the ghouls guarding that side...

The sprinting necromancer reaches the treasure (a black bead) and stuns a ghoul with a sneaky spell.  The vampire will take care of the other guard later... (Also a work in progress shot of my newest terrain feature)

I roll the event Vampire Bats!  The Bats swoop in and send one of the invading ghouls out of action.  Go Bats!  (Then the ogre and friends kill the bats...)

Captain de Guzman and Hadj shoot the Ghoul King down (I roll a lot of sixes in a row. Yeah me!) Almah charges and eventually destroys a ghoul minion.  Jaun kills another. (The other crawls away into the jungle...)

Suddenly the night is invaded by pesky swamp flies from the nearby river.  All living combatants suffer -1 WS and BS.

It is too late.  Denn die Todten reiten Schnell (At the end of the third turn the vampire and necromancer are nearly off the table. They will be gone at the beginning of the 4th turn.)

Their dim torches illuminate Fat Edric standing over the impaled body of one massive abomination in a corridor of massive stone blocks.  Cruelly hacked bodies of smaller abominations littered stones around him, but the fabled treasure was gone.  The night rang with mocking laughter, then there was silence.

The Old Guard only suffered the swordsman Anibal of action.  He got better.  In the ruins the Old Guard discover a forgotten dungeon cell occupied by several unfortunate captives.  The swordsman Caspar joins the crew once he is freed from the prison.  The Old Guard find 2 lucky charms on sale and one dose of Healing Herbs.  Fat Edric creates a Rabbit's Foot to replace the one stolen from Francisco.

The Undead liberate the Ghoul King's treasure for the victory.  For once they gain no Underdog Bonus from the Old Guard! (The Old Guard lost over 100 points of warband rating last week) However the ghoul taken out of action by the Vampire Bats contracts the Curse of the Blood Drinker!  It is now a were-vampire bat (Thing in the Woods).  The other hench-ghoul recovers and so does the pesky ghoul hero (even with a spear sticking out him!).

The fabulous treasure turns out to be some dust and 10gc. (Like all the other fabulous treasures in this cursed campaign...)

Hopefully we will be able to have a regular game night this coming week...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DeafNala
Honour Guard
Honour Guard

Trading Reputation : 8

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean VI.a--Dead Man's Hand   Tue 17 Jul 2018 - 10:24

OUTSTANDING as always. The new terrain feature is a BEAUTY. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhydderch
Warlord
Warlord

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean VI.a--Dead Man's Hand   Yesterday at 0:25

Just two players & all the warriors manage to survive. Difficult to see a decisive victory in a result like that... but I'm sure next time you'll be back to a multi-directional bloodbath!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pyrates of the Karribean VI.a--Dead Man's Hand   

Back to top Go down

Pyrates of the Karribean VI.a--Dead Man's Hand
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7