Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Not exactly Mordheim terrain

Go down 
+10
Friedrich Hetzenauer
DarkLordDaniel
magokiron
Von Kurst
Yodhrin
SimpleAsWar
Grimscull
Rhydderch
DeafNala
Codsticker
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

Trading Reputation : 3

mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017 - 17:31

More progress. After several hours put in over my Christmas break my goal has been reached: the table to a stage we could give it a test run yesterday.
the interiors of all the buildings are done:
mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Pulp%2BAlley%2BTable%2BDec%2B30th%2B001
mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Pulp%2BAlley%2BTable%2BDec%2B30th%2B003
Table surface painted (mostly- the other side of the canal is just primed):
mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Pulp%2BAlley%2BTable%2BDec%2B30th%2B007

More pictures and words on my blog.

My friend David, his son and a couple of his friends gave the table a little run through; A Race Against Time was the scenario. Over-sized Mandalorians have the police chief surrounded in his car:
mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 ZxRq0jk
Some gangsters attempt to sweep around the buildings and catch the Mandalorians in a pincer movement:
mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 KRWF24k
The Red Devils at first try to use their "sniper" to pick off the Mandalorians however their armour and cover make them nearly impossible to take out.mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 GLVt9cj
So they attempt to grab a plot point and a coffee at the local corner store:
mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 JLmOHM3
The Cowboys have easy access to 2 plot points on their side of the canal but can only make good on one of them:
mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 7dUOLcA
The game ends with the alien mercenaries holding out against all comers, and dragging the police chief from his vehicle:
mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 OCvlzVJ
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017 - 18:31

That board's coming up beautifully! & that looks like a fun game going on -- even madder than Von Kurst's always sound...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 31 Dec 2017 - 21:24

The board & the game look WONDERFUL. GREAT STUFF! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Jan 2018 - 4:38

Thank you guys. geek
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Jan 2018 - 8:39

I laid some "dirt" down on the rural side of the canal and painted the stone sides of the canal.
mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Pulp%2BAlley%2BTable%2BJan%2B7th%2B001
mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Pulp%2BAlley%2BTable%2BJan%2B7th%2B004
There are a few more pictures on my blog.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Jan 2018 - 12:38

The paint job on the stonework looks WONDERFUL & very realistic. TERRIFIC WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Jan 2018 - 19:57

Thank you DN. geek
Back to top Go down
magokiron
Ancient
Ancient
magokiron

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Jan 2018 - 20:06

Nice buildings, vehicles and miniatures.

Pulp Alley is by far one of my favourite game engines lately.

And we have played MORDHEIM ALLEY several times and the system works pretty well.

Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Jan 2018 - 22:44

magokiron wrote:
Nice buildings, vehicles and miniatures.

Pulp Alley is by far one of my favourite game engines lately.

And we have played MORDHEIM ALLEY several times and the system works pretty well.

Thanks for sharing
I could see Mordheim Alley working very well. The system is incredibly flexible with it's emphasis on skills and/or abilities and less on weapons and that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jan 2018 - 11:25

Wow, that's some grand detail work on the canal walls -- gives a real sense of life to the board. Great work!
Back to top Go down
DarkLordDaniel
Captain
Captain
DarkLordDaniel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jan 2018 - 1:11

Both of those boards are simply gorgeous. I especially love the streaking on the canal sides.
Back to top Go down
http://coloursandeagles.blogspot.com
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jan 2018 - 2:09

Thank you both. geek
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jan 2018 - 8:26

Three more buildings, one city block is done. Once all the buildings are done I will get to basing them.
mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Pulp%2BAlley%2BTable%2BJan%2B14th%2B001
mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Pulp%2BAlley%2BTable%2BJan%2B14th%2B004

More pictures on my blog..
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jan 2018 - 12:03

Grand stuff! Though with those big windows to look through, you might have to start furnishing the rooms...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 Jan 2018 - 13:20

OUTSTANDING! The city is coming along WONDERFULLY. The latest additions are BEAUTIFULLY painted & crafted creations. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jan 2018 - 0:43

Those buildings look wonderful thumbsup thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jan 2018 - 1:15

Thank you guys. geek
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jan 2018 - 23:48

More progress- almost done all the buildings...
mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Pulp%2BAlley%2BTable%2BJan%2B20th%2B001
mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Pulp%2BAlley%2BTable%2BJan%2B20th%2B004
mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Pulp%2BAlley%2BTable%2BJan%2B20th%2B008

More pictures and words on my blog.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jan 2018 - 13:00

The signage finishes off the buildings SPLENDIDLY. They remind me of the neighborhoods near my Grandparents' homes. OUTSTANDING WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jan 2018 - 15:53

Thank you DN. geek
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 19:11

The Ramshackle Barn is done and the Italeri bridge is painted. I think I have to put a hedge or fence in along the city side of the canal; pictures of rural canals in England often have no fence or barrier so that will save me a bit of work.
mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Pulp%2BAlley%2BTable%2BJan%2B29th%2B002
mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Pulp%2BAlley%2BTable%2BJan%2B29th%2B007

More pictures and blather on my blog.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jan 2018 - 20:05

The bridge & barn are BEAUTIES. I love the weathered look you achieved with the barn. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jan 2018 - 1:03

Such cool stuff thumbsup thumbsup

I really like the signage too.
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jan 2018 - 3:30

Thank you guys. geek
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jan 2018 - 12:39

Those signs are fine work -- they really add to the living feel of the buildings (if that makes sense). The barn & bridge are lovely work too, & they'll be a delight to play across, or just parade models on!

As for the canal, you don't want anything too near the edge of the water -- there needs to be room for a horse to walk on the tow-path. That might well be railed off on the urban side, with just a few feet of pathway left at the canal's edge, unless you want a wharf area for unloading. Same sort of thing on the rural side; you'll need room for the tow-path, but pasture would likely be hedged or fenced off from the canal to stop livestock falling in. Crop fields or fallow ground could be left open though.

When they say 'the North remembers', it's not a grudge thing, they're just talking about Victorian industry... OK, I'm done being a canal nerd now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not exactly Mordheim terrain   mordheim - Not exactly Mordheim terrain - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not exactly Mordheim terrain
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next