Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Running Through Difficult Terrain

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

Trading Reputation : 3

terrain - Running Through Difficult Terrain Empty
PostSubject: Running Through Difficult Terrain   terrain - Running Through Difficult Terrain Icon_minitimeFri 27 Oct 2017 - 15:51

Can it be done? I looked in the Running section and in the Terrain section and it doesn't say. Not sure if that was intended or not.
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Running Through Difficult Terrain   terrain - Running Through Difficult Terrain Icon_minitimeSat 28 Oct 2017 - 0:49

I've always assumed you can run through difficult terrain, but at half speed (ie a warrior with Movement 4 could run a total of 4"), & you won't be able to shoot. That's certainly how I've always played it (in Mordheim, Necromunda, & others), & it hasn't broken the game.
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Running Through Difficult Terrain   terrain - Running Through Difficult Terrain Icon_minitimeSat 28 Oct 2017 - 5:42

Ok that is what we did and there didn't seem to be a problem; I just wasn't sure if we were having fun right. geek
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Running Through Difficult Terrain   terrain - Running Through Difficult Terrain Icon_minitimeSun 29 Oct 2017 - 18:13

We used to play that a warrior couldn't 'run' in difficult terrain because that is how Warhammer rules were at the time (couldn't march move). But That is not what it says in Mordheim, so yeah if the warrior can run, run (slowly).
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Running Through Difficult Terrain   terrain - Running Through Difficult Terrain Icon_minitimeWed 1 Nov 2017 - 0:41

Saying they can't run makes just as much sense, especially taking it from the Warhammer rules. Playing that way will certainly make Difficult Terrain a more significant part of the game. But as Von Kurst says, it's not what it says in the Mordheim book, so it's up to you. & I'm inclined to say that allowing running (slowly) keeps the game moving & opens up other tactical decisions, where making terrain too difficult can just make players avoid it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running Through Difficult Terrain   terrain - Running Through Difficult Terrain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Running Through Difficult Terrain
Page 1 of 1