Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

My Orcish Warband (WIP)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

My Orcish Warband (WIP) Empty
PostSubject: My Orcish Warband (WIP)   My Orcish Warband (WIP) Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2008 - 8:23

Here are some rough unpainted WIP's from my Orcish warband.

Notes: The Warboss is under some heavy conversion at a friends house. We're trying to take a 40k Warboss who came equipped with a flamethrower and a chained Squig, and replace the flamer with a 2-handed weapon. The Shaman also needs alot of work. I'm trying to mount a figure I found in the local RPG shop's bitbox onto the boar mount seen below but taking the legs off and making a suitable gluebase on him is a slow process Razz

Shaman Warmount & Volf
My Orcish Warband (WIP) OldWolf_n_Shammie
Both figurines are from the Fantasy Warboss kit. I only really wanted the mount but there were parts for an extra figure in the box so I decided to make a savage orc with it. His left arm looks abit ackward but seen from the side it looks like he's charging with it. Smile

Gobbo with a Stein
My Orcish Warband (WIP) Gob_Stein
Scouring my local Warhammer shop's bitbox I found a collection of goblins that caught my eye. I'm told they are Bloodbowl models but I'm going to use them anyway. We're not exactly huge on WYSIWYG in our club so I decided to find some random bits and pieces and stick them onto him. I think the stein really adds character to the little git'. Karate

D' Big'Unz
My Orcish Warband (WIP) BigUns
To be honest, I'm not too happy about these two. Their armours are abit too heavy for Mordheim imo and the style and theme I was going for. They might end up as temporary models until I can find some others to replace them. Smile

Pip the Piper and his band of Squigs
My Orcish Warband (WIP) Gob_n_Bitez
I love the bagpipe playing goblin that comes with the new Squigs. I even added a rat to his base to give it that fairytale kind of feeling. Nothing much to say about the squigs. I prefer the old versions ?

That's all I have for now. I'm trying to get the rest of the band assembled so I can start picking out some colours, but the moolah is running low. Neutral
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: My Orcish Warband (WIP)   My Orcish Warband (WIP) Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2008 - 9:07

I can relate with the "moolah running low". On those rare occasions that I've had an extra buck or two kicking around I've stocked up on minis for the lean times.
Looks like you've picked up an interesting mix of minis; they have a LOT of potential, especially the War Boar & that lad charging with the BIG axe. Now have fun painting them up [or ELSE Suspect ]! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Burlok Blackaxe
Veteran
Veteran
Burlok Blackaxe

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: My Orcish Warband (WIP)   My Orcish Warband (WIP) Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2008 - 9:07

Awesome stuff man, I like the use of the blood bowl gobbo's for your warband, could we perhaps get pictures of the rest of them if they're finished?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: My Orcish Warband (WIP)   My Orcish Warband (WIP) Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2008 - 10:46

Time permitting I'll have the rest of the WIP pictures taken, cropped and posted by this afternoon. Hopefully I should have most of the models primed for paint by the weekend. jocolor

@Nala: Sir yush sir! My Orcish Warband (WIP) 665330
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: My Orcish Warband (WIP)   My Orcish Warband (WIP) Icon_minitimeTue 28 Oct 2008 - 17:01

nice work so far Smile like the shaman!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Orcish Warband (WIP)   My Orcish Warband (WIP) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Orcish Warband (WIP)
Page 1 of 1