Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Solo Gameplay, Dungeon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jones Babones
Youngblood
Youngblood
Jones Babones

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

Solo Gameplay, Dungeon Empty
PostSubject: Solo Gameplay, Dungeon   Solo Gameplay, Dungeon Icon_minitimeFri 18 Aug 2017 - 0:12

Hey there,

has one of you ever tried a (dungeon-ish) solo gameplay using the mordheim ruleset? If yes Id love to hear your experiences.
Dont know how exactly Ill be doing it but I think Ill test it with like 4-5 Witch Hunter characters and dogs versus skeletons (and basically undead stuff Ill have to paint up). Good thing with undead is that I can skip random moveset etc as theyre just shuffling up to the closest brain.
The random dungeon encounter stuff Im going to borrow from the song of blades and heroes expansion song of gold and darkness as they have some solo play options which sound solid but otherwise Id like to have the mordheim statlines and feel instead of the very tuned down sobh. So I will basically take on about 1000pt of mostly skeletons and an endboss like a vampire which I will divide in like 3 groups for different rooms against about 500pt of heroes (I dont think of taking a whole warband down a dungeon, instead I rather have a few well equiped veterans Cathayan Monk 2 )

Do you think this is going to work? Undead
Back to top Go down
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Solo Gameplay, Dungeon   Solo Gameplay, Dungeon Icon_minitimeFri 18 Aug 2017 - 0:53

we have run a dungeon (cavern) and when ever you enter a new room/region you roll for random encounter then roll to see what and how many you get. We have taken 3 full warbands down with 3 entrances and had a scrap in the center well looking for the treasure. It is fun.

good luck
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Solo Gameplay, Dungeon   Solo Gameplay, Dungeon Icon_minitimeFri 18 Aug 2017 - 12:54

There were a couple of Town Cryer articles on this sort of thing. 'Rivers of Blood' in the Town Cryer Annual (or Best of Town Cryer, whichever name you prefer) set out a dungeon-crawl game for Mordheim warbands against the undead -- it used two warbands, but the undead were game-master controlled or automatic. As you say, they just shuffle towards the nearest warm body & attack. There was also 'Tilean Days' in Town Cryer 28, which described a special mini-campaign sending three-hero teams into tunnels to fight monstrous GM-controlled warbands.

I've not done something like this myself -- yet -- but I've been planning to! & I've got very happy memories of exploring the tunnels of the Old World in Warhammer Quest, so I wish you the best of luck!
Back to top Go down
Jones Babones
Youngblood
Youngblood
Jones Babones

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Solo Gameplay, Dungeon   Solo Gameplay, Dungeon Icon_minitimeFri 18 Aug 2017 - 15:25

thanks for the answers, Im beginning to think that this could work out really well =)

Rhydderch wrote:
There were a couple of Town Cryer articles on this sort of thing. 'Rivers of Blood' in the Town Cryer Annual (or Best of Town Cryer, whichever name you prefer) set out a dungeon-crawl game for Mordheim warbands against the undead -- it used two warbands, but the undead were game-master controlled or automatic. As you say, they just shuffle towards the nearest warm body & attack. There was also 'Tilean Days' in Town Cryer 28, which described a special mini-campaign sending three-hero teams into tunnels to fight monstrous GM-controlled warbands.

Havent got the Town Cryer Annual but is the Rivers of Blood szenario the same as in Town Cryer #12?

Had a look at the Tilean Days szenario and it looks like pretty much the mordheim rule-part ive been looking for as Ive your fair to your storytelling you can easily be the GM yourself, at least i assume so ^^
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Solo Gameplay, Dungeon   Solo Gameplay, Dungeon Icon_minitimeFri 18 Aug 2017 - 19:27

Jones Babones wrote:
Havent got the Town Cryer Annual but is the Rivers of Blood szenario the same as in Town Cryer #12?

Yes. The Annual was a Best of Town Cryer, really.

Jones Babones wrote:
Had a look at the Tilean Days szenario and it looks like pretty much the mordheim rule-part ive been looking for as Ive your fair to your storytelling you can easily be the GM yourself, at least i assume so ^^

I don't see why not -- after all, who'll complain?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Solo Gameplay, Dungeon   Solo Gameplay, Dungeon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Solo Gameplay, Dungeon
Page 1 of 1