Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany

Go down 
+6
DeafNala
Codsticker
Azmodan
Grimscull
Rhydderch
Eliazar
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Empty
PostSubject: Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany   Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Icon_minitimeTue 1 Aug 2017 - 23:34

Hello everyone! Some of you might remember me Smile I have not been very active when it comes to modelling or painting, but I am again determined to take up the knives and brushes. For a start, I have been re-basing my old pirate warband on round bases for AoS, and seeing as I did not have that many nice pictures in the original thread, and perhaps not even proper pictures of all of them, I thought I will just make a new one here in the gallery to show off the finished works. There is still a lot of room for improvement (painting and picture-taking wise), but I hope the quality is good enough to see some detail Smile

If you're interested in the creation process, here is the WIP thread: Scruvy Dogs WIP

And there are also some background stories and battle reports floating around, for example here: The Perilous Adventures of the Violet Tendencies

Anyway, time for some pictures!
The crew of the Violet Tendencies
Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Img_2010

The leaders of the crew: Captain Jack “Redbeard” Johnson, first mate Jiang Wei of Cathay, and second mate Ismail Fara-Tag
Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Img_2015

Cabin boy Martin the Monkey, cabin boy Jim Hopkins, Princess Sela, and the voodoo priest Kalboko
Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Img_2016

Gunner Samuel Eagle-Eye, blunderbussier Booming Bartholomew, gunner Gunther von Zahn, elite gunner Jan Jansen, purser Snorri Alekeg, and disgraced Slayer pirate Skadi Bluebeard
Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Img_2018

And lastly, bounty hunter Egill and the Violet Tendencies' navigator and master engineer Mad Shroom da Red
Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Img_2017

The River Strigany (from the Mutiny in Marienburg supplement)
Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Img_2011

Romed Rublev the domnu, Fränzli Vidal-Rublev the tinker, and Azalais de Marselha the petru
Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Img_2014

Lulu and Mandalin Rublev, truants, and Andrea di Stiani and Claudio di Olesi, fugitives
Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Img_2012

Elautario, bouncer (gypsy), Folquet Rublev the drunk grandpa (dead-eye), and Gaucelm Faidit the juggler (dead-eye)
Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Img_2013

That's it for now – let me know what you think (if you haven't seen them already). Once I improve the picture taking circumstances, I'll try to snap some better shots. There's also more pirate in the pipeline, and hopefully I will get around finishing the conversions and painting them at some stage.

PS: Captain Redbeard is looking to get himself a mount and also travel through the warp to the 41st millennium, so if any of you happen to have a couple of those heads spare, let me know Wink
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany   Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Icon_minitimeWed 2 Aug 2017 - 8:17

Excellent stuff! Bags of character on both warbands, & some really nice conversion work. Each character (even henchmen) seems to have their own story, & probably a long one at that.
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany   Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Icon_minitimeWed 2 Aug 2017 - 19:11

Thanks! They indeed all have their backstories, some of which I have written down in the thread linked above Smile I also noticed that I had forgotten a couple of pirates, so here they are.

Nkunda Gabé, bosun, Sela (again), and Silent Bill
Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Img_2019
Back to top Go down
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral
Grimscull

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany   Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Icon_minitimeWed 2 Aug 2017 - 20:08

Nice to see you back! Thanks for sharing your warband once more, because, as it seems, they were below my radar the first time around. I'd prefer looking at a warband like yours anytime over some CMON 9.5+ Space Marines I love you
May you find the time and energy to add some more members to your gangs!
Back to top Go down
Azmodan
Champion
Champion
Azmodan

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany   Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Icon_minitimeSat 5 Aug 2017 - 15:49

cool warband, Eliazar. I would not have thought to ever say that, but I like the AoS rebasing. In your case! Wink
The old bases were a little too overdone for my taste and these now really work nicely with the miniatures.

So, now that you have touched the old warband.. is the fever back? will you do another warband? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://mymortheim.blogspot.com/
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

Trading Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany   Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Icon_minitimeSat 5 Aug 2017 - 17:20

I really like the wood deck for the basing- it looks top notch. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany   Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Icon_minitimeSat 5 Aug 2017 - 20:23

Thanks for the comments!

With regard to other warbands, I still need to paint my Cathayan pirates, and I still have a Merchant Caravan warband in the works.

Apart from that, I am mostly thinking about adding more pirate units so they become an actual army. Though I had the idea of making a Cult of Strohmfels themed possessed warband which could double as a unit of flagellants.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany   Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Icon_minitimeSun 6 Aug 2017 - 14:25

LOOKIN' GOOD! All the Pirate Lads & Lasses are BEAUTIFULLY painted & based, as we have become accustomed to seeing your creations.
It is good to have you back. VERY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany   Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Icon_minitimeSun 6 Aug 2017 - 19:45

Good to see some new posts from you! Excellent work once again pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany   Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Icon_minitimeMon 7 Aug 2017 - 21:47

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany   Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Icon_minitimeTue 8 Mar 2022 - 20:24

Hello everyone! It took 11 years, but I finally managed to paint the Strigany reinforcements. Let's see if I can get the rest of Redbeard's crew finished a little faster!

Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Img_2010

As you can see, I have not improved when it comes to taking pictures.

Individual shots:

Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Img_2011
Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Img_2012
Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Img_2013
Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Img_2016
Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Img_2017

It seems that at least I somehow managed to improve my painting by looking at pictures of miniatures and Youtube videos. The firebreather next to an old goon.

Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Img_2018

Until next time, which will hopefully be this year and not next decade Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany   Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Icon_minitimeTue 8 Mar 2022 - 20:49

WELCOME BACK, my friend! You have been missed.
The Lads are LOOKIN' GOOD! The fire breather is a spectacular piece. OUTSTANDING WORK! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Tagnator
Etheral
Etheral
Tagnator

Trading Reputation : 6

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany   Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Icon_minitimeWed 9 Mar 2022 - 12:34

First of all welcome back Eliazar! Smile Cool to see that even after all these years the warband got some reinforcements! They look great, cool stuff!

Eliazar and DeafNala like this post

Back to top Go down
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany   Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Icon_minitimeMon 30 May 2022 - 14:28

Eliziar hello, these are amazing

Eliazar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tintin
Warlord
Warlord
Tintin

Trading Reputation : 4

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany   Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2022 - 8:15

Nice gang of pirates Hiiaaarr! Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany   Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eliazar's Assorted Pirates and River Strigany
Page 1 of 1