Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Malval District project - Mordheim table

Go down 
+17
Bolbotos
Dwalthrim_Grimsson
DarkLordDaniel
Pervavita
Rhydderch
Eliazar
Dragonhunter
cianty
Grimscull
Azmodan
Reolus
Fat Rat
Wyrdstone Dave
Von Kurst
Codsticker
DeafNala
SimpleAsWar
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins
Achievements earned: none

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Aug 2017 - 21:32

These are the sort of things that make a gaming board something special. They are all BEAUTIFULLY DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Eliazar
Etheral
Etheral
Eliazar

Trading Reputation : 1

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pirates (Unofficial) Pirates (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 7 Aug 2017 - 22:00

This is pretty awesome. Reminds me of that massive Mordheim city with a castle or something built by a German many years ago (forgot who it was or what the table was called). I think I saw that one when I just started with Mordheim and wanted one ever since... I probably never will, but you are on the way to achieving my dream Wink
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Aug 2017 - 0:59

Gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Aug 2017 - 2:06

Your wooden structures turned out great- very nice stuff! 

Makeshift walkways seem to figure prominently in the official Mordheim BatReps; perhaps you could make some of those.
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Aug 2017 - 8:26

This is a truly stunning project, & the wooden bits are shaping into a nice set of additions.

Walkways are always useful, as are barricades, & more ladders. Always more ladders... A cart can be nice, wrecked or otherwise, & a witch-burning stake (possibly for a scenario objective). I've been meaning to make a wood-pile myself, complete with (bloody) axe. I wrote up an ideas list a while ago, can you tell?

& if you feel up to some freehand painting, road-signs are easy enough. I know they're easy, because I've made one. The freehand was time-consuming, but it looks great with something suitably Mordheimy written on each sign.
Back to top Go down
SimpleAsWar
Champion
Champion
SimpleAsWar

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Aug 2017 - 8:54

Thanks for all the ideas, I'm taking notes for my next wood modeling session! Very Happy

Kibo
Back to top Go down
Dragonhunter
General
General
Dragonhunter

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Aug 2017 - 13:01

SimpleAsWar wrote:
Hi everyone,

The first module is almost done and I've started to work on some details.
I love working with wood, it's such a fantastic materials! I've done a few things in wood for the first module of the Malval table: two bridges, a fence, a stairs and a few ladders.

Kibo
Your woodworks are great!! thumbsup

Eliazar wrote:
This is pretty awesome. Reminds me of that massive Mordheim city with a castle or something built by a German many years ago (forgot who it was or what the table was called). I think I saw that one when I just started with Mordheim and wanted one ever since... I probably never will, but you are on the way to achieving my dream Wink
This one? Wink
Back to top Go down
Azmodan
Champion
Champion
Azmodan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Aug 2017 - 19:46

nice job on the woodwork, Kibu. They are nicely done and the painting is great.
How do you do the nails? Also, I'd be interested in a making of of the stairs (maybe do some WiP pictures for the next one Smile )

SimpleAsWar wrote:
Do you have other ideas of wood scenery I could make for this Mordheim table?
Have you considered building blinds for the windows of your ruins? I think they might add another layer of detail to your table. Other than that.. hmm you could build a place of execution (e.g. a gallows and a chopping block) or a broken coach would make for a great barricade.
Back to top Go down
http://mymortheim.blogspot.com/
SimpleAsWar
Champion
Champion
SimpleAsWar

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Aug 2017 - 20:55

For the nails, I cheat a little bit Embarassed because I simply use a very sharp black pen to draw them.

You're right, the blinds and doors will be a great addition and I have a few idea on how to paint them with a chipping effect.

The gallow is also a great idea and it could be a mobile piece that I would add for a specific scenario.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
SimpleAsWar
Champion
Champion
SimpleAsWar

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Aug 2017 - 11:34

Voila! The first module of my modular Mordheim table is done and I'm quite happy of the result. Actually, taking the pictures and writing this post filled me with satisfaction. This is one of these moment in our hobby where you can pause for a minute and really appreciates all the hard work and dedication you put in your project. I'm very happy to have succeeded in achieving this intermediate hobby goal within the "Malval table project" and this makes me even more motivated for the three upcoming modules.

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 34489213352_a4cb39bed2

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 34520558011_100c67b796

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 34489225962_d80305b545

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 34651379585_1dbb605772

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 34520576321_4123b23ec8

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 34651387955_7b4234af03

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 34520589351_de1a8b952d

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 33841666253_b94ec6e65c

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 34610572536_e84b7cb908

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 34489277792_0834778878

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 34651419445_40fca8206d

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 34489291082_5d1e3c2b8d

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 34651428135_c27a5dd8f4

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 34651431345_8acd376240

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 33841692983_8879f8f137

I still have plenty of details to add and paint but I will keep them for the very end of the project as I think this module is already good enough to see some actions!

Kibo
Back to top Go down
Fat Rat
Elder
Elder
Fat Rat

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Aug 2017 - 12:31

Great!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Aug 2017 - 13:37

FANTASTIC! It looks more like a BEAUTIFULLY crafted display than a gaming board. The level of artistry & attention to details are inspiring. OUTSTANDINGLY WELL DONE! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Aug 2017 - 16:51

Spectacular! You have to tell us how did your water. You are pushing me towards making dedicated 2'x2' sections with your work. geek
Back to top Go down
Dragonhunter
General
General
Dragonhunter

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Aug 2017 - 19:16

This is SO awesome!!!
I love the middle with those different levels!
What a source of inspiration!!
cheers

Last edited by Dragonhunter on Tue 22 Aug 2017 - 19:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Azmodan
Champion
Champion
Azmodan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 15 Aug 2017 - 23:15

I think you have every right to be proud of this piece. It is really well done and I hope that it gives you a lot of positive energy every time you look at it and - even better - that it gives you good dice luck for ypur battles Wink

keep up the good work, it is fun to watch your table grow
Back to top Go down
http://mymortheim.blogspot.com/
Pervavita
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Pervavita

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Amazons (Unofficial) Amazons (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Aug 2017 - 19:55

This is awesome! It makes me want to try my hand at something like this for my own table.
Back to top Go down
Rhydderch
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Rhydderch

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Aug 2017 - 13:00

That's some well-earned sense of satisfaction there. Congratulations on a board that's both a beautiful display piece & a fantastic, complex game surface!
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Aug 2017 - 23:02

Stunning and beautiful. bounce
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
SimpleAsWar
Champion
Champion
SimpleAsWar

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Aug 2017 - 18:47

Thanks everyone, you're keeping me motivated!

Quote :
You have to tell us how did your water. You are pushing me towards making dedicated 2'x2' sections with your work. geek

For now, the water is only a blue painting with green shades then a layer of highly glossy varnish. In the future, I'm planning to use epoxy resin for the water but I'm keeping this for the end, especially when the second module with the channel will be done too.

Quote :
Congratulations on a board that's both a beautiful display piece & a fantastic, complex game surface!
You are right the table is quite complex. We did a first game on it last saturday with two friends of mine and this is definitively for skirmish games only and scenario with objectives.

Thanks again for your support, that's so great to be part of this positive community Wink
Kibo
Back to top Go down
DarkLordDaniel
Captain
Captain
DarkLordDaniel

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 31 Aug 2017 - 23:06

Wow! Your work is right up there with Boreas' and Theomar's. I'll be keeping your canals in mind when I come to build my own.

If you're still looking for wood modelling suggestions, then I recommend a variety of furniture and a barricade or two.
Back to top Go down
http://coloursandeagles.blogspot.com
Dwalthrim_Grimsson
Veteran
Veteran
Dwalthrim_Grimsson

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 5 Sep 2017 - 15:14

Awsome results! Shocked
Keep working on that table, go for it!
Back to top Go down
http://debowatarcza.vot.pl/
Bolbotos
Veteran
Veteran
Bolbotos

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 7 Sep 2017 - 20:04

Amazing work in such a short time! cheers
Back to top Go down
SimpleAsWar
Champion
Champion
SimpleAsWar

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Sep 2017 - 16:43

Hello everyone Very Happy

After a quick summer break, here I am, back to some basic woodworking to make the structure of the three remaining modules. To change a little bit, instead of making undergrounds, I made a few caverns for two of the modules.

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 33808695644_7a301fa28d

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 33808713274_ff5390113b

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 34651485335_483a0e3215

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 34610644946_0123fea0fe

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 34266014090_87924fd530

mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 33808684494_a003aaf687

So much work left, that's almost discouraging... but only in death does duty ends!

Cheers,
Kibo
Back to top Go down
Codsticker
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Codsticker

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Sep 2017 - 16:47

It's going to be awesome.  cheers Once you get one more section done it won't be so discouraging.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Sep 2017 - 17:26

Time only seems long when you are looking forward; looking back you wonder at how quickly it has passed...so much for words of wisdom. It all does look WONDERFUL. The Caverns in particular have an incredible amount of potential. Keep up the FINE work; it will be done before you know it. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malval District project - Mordheim table   mordheim - Malval District project - Mordheim table - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malval District project - Mordheim table
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next