Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Question about superior blackpowder

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AlexBware
Captain
Captain
AlexBware

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned:

Question about superior blackpowder Empty
PostSubject: Question about superior blackpowder   Question about superior blackpowder Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2008 - 16:35

Hi all

I had a discussion with one of my friends a while ago, concerning the rules of superior blackpowder.

My friend argues that superior blackpowder last an entire campaign - not just for one battle/skirmish. The rules says there is enough blackpowder for one "game" (not battle or skirmish). One of his strongest arguments is that hunting arrows (which are cheaper) lasts forever (this is how we have read the rules).

I thought about it, and haven't decided anything yet. I thought about changing the rule a bit, and allowing superior blackpowder to increase the strength of all BPWs in the gang for one battle (usually there aren't that many). But then I thought about poison (dark venom), which also only lasts for one game and only for one weapon and is almost as expensive.

My personal thought is, that BPWs (especially pistols would become much to powerful if the superior blackpowder should last forever (over an entire campaign).
On the other hand - I have never actually heard about any warband who has actually bought superior blackpowder - the only time they would use it would be if they found it during or after a skirmish (the same actually goes with dark venom poison) - its just to damn expensive to pay 30+ GC for an effect that lasts one game.

Anyway let me know what your thoughts are about this subject?
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Question about superior blackpowder   Question about superior blackpowder Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2008 - 17:12

One game = one battle

That should be clear as it's not an entire campaign (=forever).

For example, "winning the game" doesn't mean winning the campaign, but only the battle.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Da Bank
Rules Guru
Rules Guru
Da Bank

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Question about superior blackpowder   Question about superior blackpowder Icon_minitimeSun 26 Oct 2008 - 17:55

Cianty is correct, and here it is from the Rulebook ,it does not get any simpler.

superior blackpowder
The model has acquired a better quality of
blackpowder than is normally available. This new
batch adds +1 Strength to all blackpowder weapons
that the model has. There is enough superior
blackpowder to last for one game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about superior blackpowder   Question about superior blackpowder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about superior blackpowder
Page 1 of 1