Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Da Mob - Goblin gameplay

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FallenGnome
Warrior
Warrior
FallenGnome

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters
Achievements earned: none

Da Mob - Goblin gameplay Empty
PostSubject: Da Mob - Goblin gameplay   Da Mob - Goblin gameplay Icon_minitimeWed 1 Mar 2017 - 7:51

Hi,

Runts rule: How is it going to be played if there is already six heroes and goblin henchman group rolls TLGT? Is one of them still going to be killed(removed from the rooster)? How you guys have played it?

2. Mad Cap Mushrooms: I was wondering about the effect, combined with the Ball & Chain. Let's assume that this group have a two base attacks (+1A from advance roll). Shrooms give Frenzy state, so it doubles goblin's base attacks to 4 atm.
Now this shroomer with the ball and chain hits with 4 attacks. And if he hits with all of them, the amount of wounds will be defined by rolling D3. So, he could cause 12 Strength 5 (or 6 if adv.) wounds without Armour saves at max? Sounds nuts.

3. Have anyone used Mad Cap Mushrooms for dual wielding goblins (with hope to get +1A advance soon)? Which means 4A+1A(from dual-wield).
I would like to use this setup, but I know it's going to cost.
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Da Mob - Goblin gameplay   Da Mob - Goblin gameplay Icon_minitimeWed 1 Mar 2017 - 13:40

My take?

The Goblin gets killed anyway because why wouldn't he?

It is nuts, but what are the chances of the lunatic getting the +1A advance and surviving long enough on the battlefield to actually connect with somebody for potentially tons of damage?

Mad cap mushrooms are equipment, so normally only heroes can use them. However, as they're in the equipment list and as a "fanatic" can't use the ball and chain without them, I'd probably limit their use to Goblins toting ball & chain in any campaign I was running. On the other hand, if you want to blow 25 GC on a 15 GC henchmen that's already subject to animosity and being summarily executed if he gets too mouthy, who am I to stop you? It's likely to be a short life, but a merry one for him anyway.
Back to top Go down
FallenGnome
Warrior
Warrior
FallenGnome

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Da Mob - Goblin gameplay   Da Mob - Goblin gameplay Icon_minitimeWed 1 Mar 2017 - 14:26

"The Goblin gets killed anyway because why wouldn't he?" I questioned this because if there is already six heroes and you roll TLGT, you need to roll it again as that can't happen. But, I assume it's still rolled. However, now we could end up to the point that you roll TLGT two or more times in a row (rare but possible) and multiple goblins from that henchman group will be dead.
Is it going to be so?

"surviving long enough on the battlefield to actually connect with somebody" Of course you keep him behind and out of sight, but that is still a very certain that the goblin is going to get killed soon.

"Mad cap mushrooms are equipment, so normally only heroes can use them" Uhm, every goblin can use them when ever they want: "A Goblin may take his mushrooms at the start of any turn"? Why would you limit official rules? o.O

True, that is a very risky, but I still would consider to try it out at least.
Back to top Go down
Athanatosz
General
General
Athanatosz

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Da Mob - Goblin gameplay   Da Mob - Goblin gameplay Icon_minitimeWed 1 Mar 2017 - 17:29

"if there is already six heroes and you roll TLGT, you need to roll it again as that can't happen."

It is not contradictory with the the runt rule beside there is no chance to acquire a goblin hero as the are killed on sight.(in other words other henchman types do not got chances to shrine as a hero, but goblins get immediately whacked in the head)

"The remaining members of the Henchmen group, if any, roll again for the advance that they have
earned, re-rolling any results of 10-12."

So you should not have to kill any more goblin in the group this time.
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Da Mob - Goblin gameplay   Da Mob - Goblin gameplay Icon_minitimeWed 1 Mar 2017 - 18:28

On reflection, I'd give the runt a pass and let him live if you have six heroes on your roster.

FallenGnome wrote:
"Mad cap mushrooms are equipment, so normally only heroes can use them" Uhm, every goblin can use them when ever they want: "A Goblin may take his mushrooms at the start of any turn"? Why would you limit official rules? o.O

This will doubtless degenerate into a rules as written (RAW) versus rules as intended (RAI) discussion and thus go nowhere. Nevertheless, my suspicion is that the author intended madcap mushrooms to be something for ball & chain swinging fanatics only, but neglected to make this clear in his list. I don't know if he hangs around these parts, but I'd be interested to get his take on this and also an explanation of why Goblin-friendly madcap mushrooms are "start of any turn" whereas for everyone else they're eaten "before a battle"
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Da Mob - Goblin gameplay   Da Mob - Goblin gameplay Icon_minitimeThu 2 Mar 2017 - 0:44

Mark Havener was a member of the Mordheim Yahoo group although that group is not very active any more.  Mr Havener is an "oh wow, its been a long time since then.  Do whatever's fun" kind of guy in my experience.

As is often the case with Mordheim's rules, the rules for Madcap Mushrooms in the orc warband don't actually say much of anything that could be construed by a reasonable person as a rule.  For example it never says that just any goblin may use them only that a warband that includes goblins may buy Madcaps as common; a goblin may take them at the start of any turn and that Madcaps are necessary to wield a ball and chain.
Back to top Go down
innsmouth
Youngblood
Youngblood
innsmouth

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Da Mob - Goblin gameplay   Da Mob - Goblin gameplay Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jun 2017 - 11:28

Quote :
oh wow, its been a long time since then. Do whatever's fun
This.
A horde of crazed Goblins on shrooms sounds like a lot of fun to me. Add that to the Animosity rule, and you have a tactic that can be hilariously effective or go hilariously wrong, a bit like Skaven machinery. I would allow it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Da Mob - Goblin gameplay   Da Mob - Goblin gameplay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Da Mob - Goblin gameplay
Page 1 of 1