HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Javelins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reolus
Hero
Hero

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Javelins   Fri 3 Feb 2017 - 10:25

I just realized that there were different descriptions for Javelins based on the warband using them.

Amazons warband show:
Quote :
JAVELINS (5 gcs Common)
Javelins are short throwing spears specially weighted to travel quite a distance. Although they have a much reduced range when compared to an arrow they can cause quite considerable damage when thrown by a person of great strength.
Maximum Range: 8"
Strength: As user
Special: Thrown weapon

Pit Fighters warband show:
Quote :
Javelins
Cost: 10 gold crowns
Weapon Javelin
Range 10"
Strength As User

The Norse warband roster sheet doesn't state the rules for javelins but I would assume they were the same as the Amazons (Lustria).

1) Is the Pit Fighter entry wrong/out of date?  Or are they to have different rules for different warbands?  
2) Are the rules for javelins included in any rule set (EiF, Lustria, Mordheim), I haven't been able to find them.

Thanks for sharing your wisdom once again Wink cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bitxo
Captain
Captain

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Javelins   Fri 3 Feb 2017 - 14:21

Good call, I have only played Norse and never realised of that. I copied the Norse warband posted on GW's website many years ago into a word doc, and it described javelins as the Amazons, as you suspected.

Javelins have never been listed in the official stuff (Mordheim RB, EiF and Annual2002). The javelins listed in Lustria Cities of Gold are obviously the Norse/Amazons ones. Unofficial stuff is pretty messy, if I'm not wrong in the last Amazon revision (TC23) their list allow them to use slings at 5gc, instead the official 2gc.

Since those three warbands you are talking about are considered unofficial, I'd said the two descriptions are at the same level. I'd use the rule as it is described for that specific band. Just assume the Pit FIghters have better equipment/training than those savages.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Javelins   Sat 4 Feb 2017 - 8:54

There are a few weapons that have different rules or costs depending on the warband that use them.

Lizardmen pay more for their javelins to start, but since they are part of the Lustria warbands the rules are the same.

1) With GW its hard to tell and no one officially (at GW) cares. We do the rule as per the warband using them for the same reason given by bitxo.

2) Rules for javelins are found in the Lustria: Cities of Gold TC articles. (Although as noted, they are the same as quoted in the Amazon warband.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reolus
Hero
Hero

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)

PostSubject: Re: Javelins   Mon 6 Feb 2017 - 9:39

Thanks for your input guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Javelins   

Back to top Go down

Javelins
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1