Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim

Go down 
+2
Von Kurst
noigrim
6 posters
AuthorMessage
noigrim
Knight
Knight
noigrim

Trading Reputation : 0

mordheim - Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim Empty
PostSubject: Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim   mordheim - Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim Icon_minitimeMon 23 Jan 2017 - 0:35

With this and a rulebook you'll have everything you need for taking your skirmishes below ground.

Death under the Eight Peaks
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim   mordheim - Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan 2017 - 1:35

Nice work noigrim thumbsup
Back to top Go down
2704ENG
Captain
Captain
2704ENG

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim   mordheim - Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan 2017 - 10:10

Any chance you can upload an version with standard font? (i.e. aerial or roman).

Whilst I appreciate the effort gone into the "runes" font, it is very hard to read - a fact exacerbated by the fact that it's all written in upper case.
Back to top Go down
Athanatosz
General
General
Athanatosz

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim   mordheim - Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jan 2017 - 10:39

2704ENG wrote:
Any chance you can upload an version with standard font? (i.e. aerial or roman).

Whilst I appreciate the effort gone into the "runes" font, it is very hard to read - a fact exacerbated by the fact that it's all written in upper case.  

Same Thought. Al-trough very nice high quality work.
Back to top Go down
noigrim
Knight
Knight
noigrim

PostSubject: Re: Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim   mordheim - Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2017 - 20:13

nope made it with photoshop
Back to top Go down
Athanatosz
General
General
Athanatosz

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim   mordheim - Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2017 - 21:35

Skaven slave uprising seems to missing maximum numbers of warriors and starting money.
Back to top Go down
Finn
Warrior
Warrior
Finn

PostSubject: Re: Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim   mordheim - Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2017 - 21:43

Hi,

Well done for putting this together, it is a really cool piece of work.  

A few comments:

1. Dwarf Warband. Much as I love the idea of hiring Iron-Breakers, I've been a devoted dwarf player for 20 years, I think this model needs some work. At 110gc to hire you will almost never be able to replace him should he die. Just to start with your 4 heroes you have to hand over almost 300gc, leaving very little to hire other troops with. I think Dwarves already have the highest gold growns / hero ratio so this chap will only make it worse. Also, conversely, he is under-priced. 85gc for the armour + 50gc for a dwarf hero is 135gc.

Here is an alternative idea.

Iron-Breaker Initiate – 50gc

This warrior is an iron-breaker in training and hopes one day to join one of the exalted regiments of fully fledged iron-breakers. That day is still decades away however and he will spend his time honing his skills in the Underway.

Same stats as you have + Watch Out!
Also I would add: Armoured: Even an iron-breaker in training will eat, drink and sleep in his armour. This model must always be equipped with a suit of armour; light, heavy or gromil.

Bear in mind Mordhiem warbands are supposed be down on their luck adventures. The iron-breaker is the best unit a fantasy dwarf army could take.

2. Slave Warband. Again really cool idea with lots of fun potential. Needs a bit of finishing off though.

Maximum warband size? I'd guess 20.

Proposed Skill list:

Demagogue: Strength, Combat, Academic, Speed, Special
Underling: Combat, Speed, Special
Goblin Leader: Combat, Speed, Special
Human Leader: Strength, Combat, Special

I wouldn't expect a subterranean warband to have any shooting skills to speak of. I've being trying to come up with special skills but failing. Maybe one that lets them loot enemies, and infiltrate from the skaven list?

The Escapist skill: I would first of all only let heroes start with this. Also I would change the movement distance to the models running speed. 12" for the skaven and 8" for the rest.

I would also propose a new rule for all heroes: Generalist. Weapons and armour are hard to come by in the under-realms. The slaves quickly became skilled at using whatever they find lying around, from a simple length of wood to complex handguns, anything will do.
Slave heroes may use any weapon they find, loot or steal. No special skill is required to allow them to do this. They may still only buy equipment from their own list though.

Additional Equipment: Consider adding shields and double handed weapons. Leather armour as well if your group use it.

3. Magic weapons. I’d state what intrinsic special rule the weapon has. Cutting edge or parry for example.

Can there only be one of every runic weapon within the campaign at any one time? Could there be two Harald’s Axes. Instead the second one could just get another name.

A final idea would to be allowing any war-band to use them. Only letting the goodies wield auto-wounding, no save, extra attack giving axes will get pretty dull for everyone else.

Alternatively you could make another list of evil, foul, profane relics. These could have been lost by skaven, goblins, part of a dragon horde… Whatever fits the lore really.
Alternatively the dwarves may have taken them in battle and locked them up in deep vaults long ago.  
You could have the fun problem of two war-bands trying to trade unwanted relics with each other, only to immediately back stab one another. It is Mordhiem after all.

Anyway, the above are just some thoughts. I hope I haven’t come across as overly critical, not my intention.

Finn.
Back to top Go down
noigrim
Knight
Knight
noigrim

PostSubject: Re: Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim   mordheim - Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jan 2017 - 4:05

warbands are good as they are, I'vr added a note with the maximum number and money
Back to top Go down
Nuno M
Champion
Champion
Nuno M

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim   mordheim - Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jan 2017 - 7:48

oooh! bounce That looks great. I love the formatting, great production.

I had been thinking of revisiting the Karak Azgal Mordheim setting, to flesh it out with more scenarios and narrative material from Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay... at some point, though Neutral ... when I finish the campaign I'm writing up now Neutral ...(stay on target!!)
So that ain't happening soon.
Good that people are taking the initiative Smile Kudos!

Are you planning on expanding this document, with some narrative (ie. objectives and story scenarios) in it, or merging it to some degree with Karak Azgal material? (there is great stuff in there).
I noted you didn't include the guidelines for underground scenarios from the Khemri/Nemesis Crown settings (the ones with random exploration of underground tiles). Do you prefer to make up the table fully in advance too? (as do others in this esteemed establishment)

Or are you keeping this lean, as a basic guideline for straightforward skirmishes, without too many bells and whistles?
Back to top Go down
http://whfbnarratives.blogspot.co.uk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim   mordheim - Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Karak Eight Peaks Mordheim
Page 1 of 1