Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

getting back into the damned

Go down 
+2
DeafNala
Joker2and53
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers
Achievements earned: none

damned - getting back into the damned Empty
PostSubject: getting back into the damned   damned - getting back into the damned Icon_minitimeFri 24 Oct 2008 - 14:37

Hey everyone, I guess I'll introduce myself and tell my Mordheim story.

I began gaming with 40k second edition with my two brothers all the way back in 1995. I started playing Mordheim when I was 15 upon it's first release in 1999. My local store was in Gainesville, Florida, a place called the Traveling Mage. Collectively the gaming group played through two Mordheim Campaigns (and part of a third) before moving onto other games (GW or otherwise). In the first campaign I entered the city of the damned as the Reiklanders and was wildly successful. I actually went 13-1 and won the entire campaign. While campaigning I kept a battle log, which I sent off to several fan sites, one of which is still available here http://www.geocities.com/danielmataylor/champion.html

Keep in mind that I was 15 when writing those reports, I assure you almost ten years later I have grown. Furthermore, I have to admit I was shocked to find that report still floating around the internet. The second campaign I ran Orcs and Goblins and finished 9-2 in third place. Having only four heroes kept me financially strained. The witch hunter which took second place in the first campaign took first, while the late arriving dwarfs from the first campaign took second.

As a result of the third campaign dissipating and the rise in popularity of other games (notably warmaster), I completely missed out on Empire in Flames and the Lustria and Khemri settings. The year 2002 saw me move away from gaming to attend college at the University of Florida. I suppose I could have continued gaming but I was more interested in rugby/women/booze at the time. 2006 led me to grad/law school at Florida State as well as a marriage.

Really, from 2002 to present I have only followed GW and Mordheim from the fringes of gaming. But somehow I found a way back, and am frantically trying to stir up some local interest in a campaign. I suppose that's pretty much it.

Hope your weren't to bored,
Eric
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: getting back into the damned   damned - getting back into the damned Icon_minitimeFri 24 Oct 2008 - 15:08

Sleep ,oh...

WELCOME ABOARD, AMIGO! cheers

AND welcome back to Mordheim [we can take the candle out of the window now Suspect ]! I hope your stay on St. Thomas the Administrator's Blessedly Sleep Forum is a pleasant, inspiring, & motivating experience. Fear not we have several talented & friendly guys living in Florida [somewhere or other Suspect ]; SO...there are possible opponents about.

Beware the Hounds of Photo Psychosis & HAVE FUN! thumbsup
Back to top Go down
xarly22
Veteran
Veteran
xarly22

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: getting back into the damned   damned - getting back into the damned Icon_minitimeFri 24 Oct 2008 - 16:54

wellcome!!! enjoy your stay, and dont mind in posting your ideas....... do it!!
and dont forguet the first lesson....be water my friend lol!
(enjoy your stay with us)
Back to top Go down
Duce
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
Duce

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: getting back into the damned   damned - getting back into the damned Icon_minitimeFri 24 Oct 2008 - 18:02

welcome back to thegame, i did the same, its a dmn addictive drug isn't it.

Stopped late 90's and came back this year, damn addiction stays deep down Razz

Forum Engineer
Forum Engineer
Ashton

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: getting back into the damned   damned - getting back into the damned Icon_minitimeFri 24 Oct 2008 - 19:00

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Speaking of photo psychosis. Do you have any pictures from your first round of Mordheim? or any minis? We'd love to see them Wink

l8r,
Back to top Go down
http://mordheim.ashtonsanders.com
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: getting back into the damned   damned - getting back into the damned Icon_minitimeFri 24 Oct 2008 - 23:47

Welcome back to Mordheim! Thanks for your thorough introduction. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Joker2and53
Warlord
Warlord
Joker2and53

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Middenheimers Middenheimers

PostSubject: Re: getting back into the damned   damned - getting back into the damned Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008 - 1:58

DeafNala wrote:

Fear not we have several talented & friendly guys living in Florida [somewhere or other Suspect ]; SO...there are possible opponents about.
[/b]

Really? Who or where. I haven't seemed to crack the gaming scene in this town yet. Not that I don't plan to, but first I must gather my resources. Unfortunately I no longer have any of my original warband at present. I do think I can find them though. I'll have to look.

Eric
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: getting back into the damned   damned - getting back into the damned Icon_minitimeMon 27 Oct 2008 - 9:01

Hey Eric,
Off the top of my head, we have DaBank & Mordheimer who live & game [that may be redunadant Suspect ] in the Ft Myers' area [I think].
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: getting back into the damned   damned - getting back into the damned Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

getting back into the damned
Page 1 of 1