Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Pit Fighter Warband List - Help Please

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Reolus
Champion
Champion
Reolus

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Pit Fighters (Unofficial) Pit Fighters (Unofficial)
Achievements earned: none

FIGHTER - Pit Fighter Warband List - Help Please Empty
PostSubject: Pit Fighter Warband List - Help Please   FIGHTER - Pit Fighter Warband List - Help Please Icon_minitimeTue 8 Nov 2016 - 12:44

Hi Everyone,

I am starting a new campaign soon (hopefully!) and wanted to try out the pit fighters warband.  I'm using the one with the different fighting styles and have a few questions and wanted to get advice on my starting list.

1) Starting list
Pit King - 115
Equipment: Undead - Helmet/Dagger/Sword/Spiked G

Pit Veteran - 70

Pit Veteran - 80
Equipment: Empire - Helmet/Dagger/2HD/Light Armor

Dwarf Troll Slayer - 80
Equipment: Dwarf Axe, Dwarf Axe

Pit Fighter - 45
Equipment: Orc - Helmet/Dagger/Axe/Shield

Pursuer - 50
Equipment: Skink - Helmet/Dagger/Javelin/Net

Pursuer - 55
Equipment: Witch Elf - Helmet/Dagger/Sword/Sword

Total 495

How does this look?  Any suggestions/improvements to make?

2) How do your groups handle whether the weapons can be changed?  I would think that they have to be purchased with the equipment in the fighting style, but do they have to stick with the weapons or can they swap them out for any items that the pit fighters use?  For example, can my Pit Fighter with the Orc fighting style decide to use a spiked gauntlet instead of a shield?

3) If I have found items in exploration (ex. shield, sword, LA), can I deduct the cost of those items when buying new members? Or, like number 2, can I give the shield/LA/sword to any existing members that I want?

4) Regarding the HS pit fighter, I have read multiple forums on here regarding the flail/spiked gauntlet combo.  If your group is in favour of both weapons being used (due to him being a highly skilled pit fighter), is it too OP to say that this would also be acceptable for the warband? (assuming you allow the warband members to swap their weapons)

5) Finally, is it ever a good idea to start with the ogre? The warband already starts with very few members and adding the ogre would drop the number even further.

Thanks for your input!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pit Fighter Warband List - Help Please   FIGHTER - Pit Fighter Warband List - Help Please Icon_minitimeWed 9 Nov 2016 - 19:32

Sorry this isn't a more popular warband (and that the golden age of internet forums has passed). I don't play this particular warband and really don't know the specific rules, however, one of our group has played this warband several times. So at least I have faced it.

Quote :
3) If I have found items in exploration (ex. shield, sword, LA), can I deduct the cost of those items when buying new members? Or, like number 2, can I give the shield/LA/sword to any existing members that I want?

Yes the new hire can use equipment you have found rather than buy it. And yes you can give the equipment to any warrior that can use it. (They have to have that equipment on their warband equipment list.)

heroes can use any miscellaneous equipment you find without it appearing on a list. (See the rules for Miscellaneous Equipment)

Quote :
5) Finally, is it ever a good idea to start with the ogre? The warband already starts with very few members and adding the ogre would drop the number even further.
It is always a good idea to start with an ogre. The warband has strong heroes, add an ogre and who cares how few of you there are?
Back to top Go down
Reolus
Champion
Champion
Reolus

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pit Fighter Warband List - Help Please   FIGHTER - Pit Fighter Warband List - Help Please Icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2016 - 11:18

Thanks Von Kurst,

I know it's not the most popular warband, but that actually makes it more appealing to me, plus I think the models look great.

Quote :
It is always a good idea to start with an ogre. The warband has strong heroes, add an ogre and who cares how few of you there are?

I'm glad you think the ogre is a must.  I was on the fence about him but was worried about not being able to max the heroes.  Here is what I will go with.

Pit King
Equipment: Empire - Helmet/Dagger/2HD/Light Armor

Pit Veteran

Pit Veteran

Pursuer
Equipment: Skink - Helmet/Dagger/Javelin/Net

Ogre Pit Fighter
Equipment: Spiked Gauntlet, Club

Puts me right at 498.  I can use the pursuer as the fodder to voluntarily route if I need to.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pit Fighter Warband List - Help Please   FIGHTER - Pit Fighter Warband List - Help Please Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2016 - 12:53

Well losing one guy isn't going to get you to 25%. You have to lose 2. Hit hard and make them rout.

(I am curious about my friend's starting warbands now, he always had 4 heroes and a couple henchmen AND the ogre...How did he do that? Suspect )
Back to top Go down
Reolus
Champion
Champion
Reolus

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Pit Fighter Warband List - Help Please   FIGHTER - Pit Fighter Warband List - Help Please Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2016 - 15:41

Quote :
Well losing one guy isn't going to get you to 25%. You have to lose 2

Oops..thanks, don't know what i was thinking there.

Yea it would be interesting to know if I am making an error somewhere, i'll put the points breakdown below just to show how i got there.  Wasn't there another pit fighter warband list that didn't force the equipment based on fighting style?  Maybe he was using that one?  I have never gotten my hands on that list so i can't compare them.

Pit King 80
Equip: Empire  45

Pit Veteran 35
Equip: Undead 35

Pit Veteran 35
Equip: Undead 35

Pursuer 25
Equip: Skink 25

Ogre 165
Equip: Spiked gauntlet, club 18

The last hero (troll slayer) is 50 points plus equipment.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Pit Fighter Warband List - Help Please   FIGHTER - Pit Fighter Warband List - Help Please Icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2016 - 19:45

I went back to the campaign reports, he started with 6 models by taking the cheapest equipment option with everyone and going cheep with the ogre and dwarfs' equipment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pit Fighter Warband List - Help Please   FIGHTER - Pit Fighter Warband List - Help Please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pit Fighter Warband List - Help Please
Page 1 of 1