HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Share | 

Help with the choice of paints for this vampire mini

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jymmy
Champion
Champion

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Help with the choice of paints for this vampire mini   Sat 22 Oct 2016 - 19:16

Hello all, I call for help with a mini I got from reaper: Matthias the Twisted. The problem is that I want to obtain something similar to the look of the pick which appears on the webpage. I use citadel paints, Which are somewhat expensive, but I got used to them and after these years is difficult for me to make the change Razz , so I would appreciate if the paints recomended are the corresponding of this brand.

I imagine that for the robes I will have to use rinox hide, doombull brown and drybrush of some grey. It seems that it uses a little of green maybe? (nurgling green maybe?). As for the flesh, I have no clue...

Thank you all!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grimscull
Etheral
Etheral

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Help with the choice of paints for this vampire mini   Sun 23 Oct 2016 - 1:50

That's a really nice mini, never noticed it before. But there is just so much nice stuff over at Reaper...
The look is not TOO different from what I do with most of my warbands (of course on a lower level) so if you'd care to browse through my thread:
http://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t5373-there-is-an-army-in-here-somewhere

And I use lots of GW-paints also, though I'm not familiar with their current names.
For a look like above, I'd start with a white or grey/white basecoat and use lots of thin layers or washes. My guess: Kommando Khaki, Graveyard Earth, Scorched Brown (really thin). This should achieve a similar look.
The skintones: I don't know, maybe it's just Bleached Bone with a thin wash of some Pallid Green or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Help with the choice of paints for this vampire mini
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1