Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

New Warband - Underworld Alliance

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DicLombardi
Veteran
Veteran
DicLombardi

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

Warband - New Warband - Underworld Alliance Empty
PostSubject: New Warband - Underworld Alliance   Warband - New Warband - Underworld Alliance Icon_minitimeFri 7 Oct 2016 - 3:14

Hey guys, I've created a new warband based on the Skaven/Goblin team Underworld from Blood Bowl. i tried to centre it around two ideas, two leaders and lots of mutations. Feedback welcome!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/toxkr247727ydj8/Underworld%20Alliance%20ver%201.0.pdf?dl=0
Back to top Go down
Rangeltoft

Rangeltoft

PostSubject: Re: New Warband - Underworld Alliance   Warband - New Warband - Underworld Alliance Icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2016 - 6:35

I like the concept of the warband, have been thinking of doing something similar (models only tho), but I feel that there are too many special rules.

For instance, regen on henchmen? Even if thier stats are not very good, it feels very powerful.
Wouldn't it make more sense just to have them as regular goblins?

And weeping blades doesn't really feel right, its an Eshin special weapon.

At a first glance I would considering dropping a few of the special rules (Regen on Boglar, Glory Hogz, maybe even An Alliance of Inconvenice), reducing the movment value to 5 for the Skaven Slaves would also make sense, why should they be faster then regular skaven?

Also stuff em with green, D3 automatic wounds on a 3+ seems very powerful, maybe make it D3 S4 hits instead?
Back to top Go down
Nuno M
Champion
Champion
Nuno M

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: New Warband - Underworld Alliance   Warband - New Warband - Underworld Alliance Icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct 2016 - 10:26

Finally had time to go over it.
This warband is like the bottom of the barrel in terms of warband members, they are so, so awful... Very Happy but they make up with crazy mutations and special rules shenanigans
I think this is a great idea Very Happy a warband with it's own story going on, the competition between goblins and skaven.

I myself like all the special rules (as the models are otherwise quite crappy), but I have a few suggestions.
I agree with the Weeping blades being kept for skaven only, and M5 for skavenslaves.

- Factional Jealousy: isnt the "must never have more of one type than the other" contradictory to the 'Power Grab' rule? I prefer the Power Grab Smile more Ld shenanigans

- Stuff em with Green: make the explosion cause a wound on a 5+ to all models within 2" (counts as a poison). No armour saves allowed. kinda like poison wind globes.

- Wyrdstone addict: instead of feeding D3+1 wyrd shards and rolling an random mutation (its a bit too expensive), how about 1 shard and you roll on the Warp-touch table from Corrupted Characters? Cheap but full of risks. If the models becomes a Spawn the warband ditches it (they already have a Troll).

- Goblin Stinky Git: cost reduced to 25gc (30gc is expensive!)
- Skaven Slave Champion: cost reduced to 25gc and WS to 3?

- Boglars: Regeneration should be only 5+ save (for 15gc, that seems more well priced)

- Skaven Slaves: M reduced to 5, and Ld reduced to 2 (proper skavenslaves!). that justifies the 10gc price more I think

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://whfbnarratives.blogspot.co.uk/
Nuno M
Champion
Champion
Nuno M

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: New Warband - Underworld Alliance   Warband - New Warband - Underworld Alliance Icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2016 - 2:49

The stars have aligned. This warband of yours needs to be played.

Warband - New Warband - Underworld Alliance Straight_outta_mordheim_by_lord_of_the_guns-da23ctp
Back to top Go down
http://whfbnarratives.blogspot.co.uk/
DicLombardi
Veteran
Veteran
DicLombardi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Merchants (BTB) Merchants (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: New Warband - Underworld Alliance   Warband - New Warband - Underworld Alliance Icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2016 - 1:17

Nuno M wrote:
The stars have aligned. This warband of yours needs to be played.

Warband - New Warband - Underworld Alliance Straight_outta_mordheim_by_lord_of_the_guns-da23ctp

thats the best thing i've seen all day!

thanks for the suggestions guys! I seem drawn to guys with super crappy stats, the snotling warband list is one of my favorites and I wanted to make something that embrace the full crazyness of mutations.

Nuno M, your suggestions were really helpful as usual.

the Faction jealousy rule, I thought I had already ditched the Even of both rule, it was a holdover from like Orc or lizardman warbands but I made Powergrab to replace it and forgot to remove the first like of Factional Jealousy!

with both Stuff em with green and Boglars i was using the regular special rules for Poison Wind globes and Regeneration, but I totally agree with you guys that it should be weaker versions of them! makes me like them more actually, so I've changed them.

I've bumped the movement down on the skaven slaves like you suggested, good spotting and reduced the cost on the lower heroes. I changed the Slave champs to WS 3, do you think i need to reduce the Stinky gits to BS 3 to match?

I like the wyrdstone addict, warp touch chart idea alot, it would make it both more and less tempting to try. but i would argue they could get both a Troll and a Spawn, because as it stands now Skaven teams can get a Rat Ogre and a Spawn through corrupted characters

and lastly I agree with the Weeping blades only for skaven but i'm looking for a kinda sewery weapon to display the general grossness of the team. or should I go with a special weapon for each faction, Weeping blades for skaven and Ball and chain for Goblins???

Thanks heaps for the feed back guys

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Warband - Underworld Alliance   Warband - New Warband - Underworld Alliance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Warband - Underworld Alliance
Page 1 of 1