Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Starting ogre advice and slow witted rule

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheWatcher
Champion
Champion
TheWatcher

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ogres (BTB) Ogres (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

ogre MANEATERS - Starting ogre advice and slow witted rule Empty
PostSubject: Starting ogre advice and slow witted rule   ogre MANEATERS - Starting ogre advice and slow witted rule Icon_minitimeThu 23 Oct 2008 - 1:36

hi all
i will soon be running and playing the bordertown burning setting for my gaming group
i am going to play the ogres btb pt4 and was wondering if anybody who has played them could give me some pointers on what works in this setting for a campaign my opponents will be kislevite , dark elves and norse

slow witted you need double the amount of experince for an increase am i right in thinking that means ogres get half the maximum alloted increases or do they still get the same amount as say a human but just take twice as long

cheers guys
martin
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Starting ogre advice and slow witted rule   ogre MANEATERS - Starting ogre advice and slow witted rule Icon_minitimeThu 23 Oct 2008 - 2:29

First of all, welcome to the forum, Martin! Smile

TheWatcher wrote:
hi all
i will soon be running and playing the bordertown burning setting for my gaming group

I am delighted to hear this!

TheWatcher wrote:
i am going to play the ogres btb pt4 and was wondering if anybody who has played them could give me some pointers on what works in this setting for a campaign my opponents will be kislevite , dark elves and norse

What exactly do you mean by "works"? You can use whatever warbands you want, of course. However, the above mentioned mix will work very very nicely with the campaign objectives as you can have one Scion of Chaos player (Norse), one Scourge of the Realm (Dark Elves), one Celestial Protectorate (Kislevites) and lastly the Lure of Fortune (Maneaters). This means that you will be able to play the most important "sides" of the narrative and you can well develop the threads of the story-line with the Scion searching the fabled Chaos Artefacts, the humans defending the border town, the Ogres following the lure of fortune and the Dark Elves looking to challenge the aspiring Norse chieftain. Wait, am I spilling too much here? Anyways, if you use the setting-specific random happenings and exploration tables you will be able to experience 100% of the Border Town Burning excitement! bounce

TheWatcher wrote:
slow witted you need double the amount of experince for an increase am i right in thinking that means ogres get half the maximum alloted increases or do they still get the same amount as say a human but just take twice as long

Simply make a "half cross" in the boxes of the roster sheet for each Experience point. So for every two Experience points you get a full cross in a box and then you can proceed to fill the next box until you reach a thick-bordered box. Once you gained the two XP to completely fill that one you get an advance as normal. Did you get what I meant to get across?

Alright, I hope to hear from you once you got your first BTB games in!
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
TheWatcher
Champion
Champion
TheWatcher

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ogres (BTB) Ogres (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: star man   ogre MANEATERS - Starting ogre advice and slow witted rule Icon_minitimeThu 23 Oct 2008 - 11:59

hey cianty

thanks for the welcome and swift reply .

thanks for explaining that rule clearer , what i ment by works was good examples on starting ogre warbands ... but what you said is more interesting and by complete chance sounds like we have a perfect starting set up for it . looking forward to the rest of the rules now Smile

asked my gaming group last night about us making notes about each game and also there comments on what we think about the setting would it be ok if i did it as a long thread ??

cheers
martin
Back to top Go down
cianty
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
cianty

Trading Reputation : 5

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Monks (BTB) Monks (BTB)
Achievements earned: Silver Tom Silver Tom

PostSubject: Re: Starting ogre advice and slow witted rule   ogre MANEATERS - Starting ogre advice and slow witted rule Icon_minitimeThu 23 Oct 2008 - 12:54

TheWatcher wrote:
thanks for explaining that rule clearer , what i ment by works was good examples on starting ogre warbands ...

Oh, ok then. Well, I don't want to give everything away, so you should figure out a starting list without me. I'm not even experienced with that list at all (Stu is the Ogre man). Just remember that you will want Heroes to make sure you earn some gold crowns during the campaign.

TheWatcher wrote:
but what you said is more interesting and by complete chance sounds like we have a perfect starting set up for it . looking forward to the rest of the rules now Smile

Yes, indeed. We did try hard to make the rules so that they will work with most gaming groups and I'm glad to see this seems to work outside our own groups as well.

TheWatcher wrote:
asked my gaming group last night about us making notes about each game and also there comments on what we think about the setting would it be ok if i did it as a long thread ??

Most definately. Feel free to either start a new thread for it in the rules & gamplay section here, or simply post in the existing BTB thread, or send me a PM or email. Whatever suits you best.
Back to top Go down
http://cianty-tabletop.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starting ogre advice and slow witted rule   ogre MANEATERS - Starting ogre advice and slow witted rule Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting ogre advice and slow witted rule
Page 1 of 1