Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Returning Player with Questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Grubbi
Captain
Captain
Grubbi

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)
Achievements earned: none

Returning Player with Questions Empty
PostSubject: Returning Player with Questions   Returning Player with Questions Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2016 - 6:03

Hey
So its been a few years and I'm getting my gaming group back into our old Mordheim shenanigans but in reading the rules again, I've forgotten some stuff. This post may accumulate a bit, but right now it's mainly regarding movement.
When models run and charge, do they have to do it directly in a straight line. So such that if there is a fence in the way, am I allowed to run/charge around it to get into combat(or just get around it) - or can you only do pivoting movement when you don't run/charge.
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player with Questions   Returning Player with Questions Icon_minitimeSat 10 Sep 2016 - 6:12

You may turn corners when running/charging. You must still charge by the most direct route, but that doesn't have to be a straight line. Mostly what that rule is there for is so that if you are, say, 4" from your target you can't declare the charge and then move almost the full 8" curving around to avoid any intercepters or similar shenanigans.
Back to top Go down
Grubbi
Captain
Captain
Grubbi

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Carnival of Chaos (EIF) Carnival of Chaos (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player with Questions   Returning Player with Questions Icon_minitimeTue 13 Sep 2016 - 12:58

Thanks for the answer. I was trawling back through the rule book and remembered that I had forgotten some more rules. Is the line of sight in Mordheim 180 degrees, or is it from the front of their base out.

Also, what is the best way to deal with hiding. I remember when I was playing years ago we never really solved when hiding was beneficial. Because to me it seemed that you could hide if you couldn't be seen - yet then it seems like there is no point to hiding. I also wasn't clear then when a model is "seen" and no longer hidden. I was wondering if people had better house rules to solve that issue.
Thanks again,
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player with Questions   Returning Player with Questions Icon_minitimeWed 14 Sep 2016 - 3:31

The gist of what they are trying to say is that if you are in cover and declared hidden you cannot be intentionally targeted by any enemy for anything. You lose Hidden if someone can see *all* of you (not just part of you), or if someone gets within their Initiative distance. Other things cause you to lose Hidden, but they are in the rules and should be fairly easy to get.

You can use this if, e.g. your opponent is turtleing with ranged. You can use Hiding to leapfrog from cover to cover, hiding at the end of each move and even if he can see part of you he can't shoot you because you are Hidden. If you lose hidden because of anyone, everyone can now target you, not just the one that made you lose Hidden. If that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player with Questions   Returning Player with Questions Icon_minitimeSun 18 Sep 2016 - 18:24

+1

I would suggest re-reading the rules for hiding. You are doing it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Returning Player with Questions   Returning Player with Questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Returning Player with Questions
Page 1 of 1