HomeFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsBlogLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Sisters Henchmen Weapons

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spoonie
Warrior
Warrior
Spoonie

Trading Reputation : 0

sisters - Sisters Henchmen Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Sisters Henchmen Weapons   sisters - Sisters Henchmen Weapons Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2016 - 8:16

Hey all, it's almost Mordheim season again 'round here. I've decided to put together Sisters this year since we haven't really had any for a long time in our campaigns.

I think I have the heroes sorted easy enough, but I can't decide what to do with the Henchmen. Our group has traditionally ran a house rule forbidding Henchmen from dual wielding. So that leaves me with the flail or double handed.weapon, or running a single hammer or whip.

The Sigmarite Hammer is effectively a Halberd, which has always been a popular choice in general with our house rule. The whip is mathematically pretty strong, but I feel like the warband would look odd with a ton of whips. The flail would be easiest to model for the models I'm using, but there's enough whiff fests in Mordheim.that being stuck with S3 in subsequent rounds is a lukewarm prospect for me. Finally the great weapon, which seems like a cool idea, but leaves the Henchmen pretty.vulnerable and liable to steal lots of xp when fighting alongside a hero.

Currently I'm leaning towards the flail or hammer, but could use some input before my models arrive!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Athanatosz
General
General
Athanatosz

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Sisters Henchmen Weapons   sisters - Sisters Henchmen Weapons Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2016 - 8:26

I advise Flail (heh).
Would be better to know your house rules...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spoonie
Warrior
Warrior
Spoonie

PostSubject: Re: Sisters Henchmen Weapons   sisters - Sisters Henchmen Weapons Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2016 - 8:40

I think I listed the only really applicable house rule. I can't think of any others off the top of my head, but we don'the use that many.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Citizen Sade
Elder
Elder
Citizen Sade

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Sisters Henchmen Weapons   sisters - Sisters Henchmen Weapons Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2016 - 10:17

Sigmarite hammer and buckler would be a nice albeit pricey option. If your group has also buffed shields with the fairly common 5+ armour save in hand-to-hand house rule, you might want to consider them instead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spoonie
Warrior
Warrior
Spoonie

PostSubject: Re: Sisters Henchmen Weapons   sisters - Sisters Henchmen Weapons Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2016 - 15:11

Mmm yeah, buckler I hadn't thought of. Might have.to add the bucklers later on, but still a nice addition to the hammers. I don't recall us ever using the handweapon/shield save bonus though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Sisters Henchmen Weapons   sisters - Sisters Henchmen Weapons Icon_minitimeWed 10 Aug 2016 - 16:14

+1 for the Sigmarite Hammer and shield/buckler, especially if you are using the 'shields and bucklers get +2 and +1 respectively to the armor save' rule.

+1 to *using* 'shields and bucklers get +2 and +1 respectively to the armor save' rule. What we found in my group was that the +1 bonus in melee they each got means that a henchman with nothing but a shield gets a 4+ armor save vs most daggers. This tended to mean henchmen either fought with 1 weapon and shield or they dual-wielded with two proper weapons, most commonly hammer and axe. Dual-wielding became an interesting choice, not the no-brainer it once was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Athanatosz
General
General
Athanatosz

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marauders (BTB) Marauders (BTB)

PostSubject: Re: Sisters Henchmen Weapons   sisters - Sisters Henchmen Weapons Icon_minitimeWed 17 Aug 2016 - 3:22

Lord 0 wrote:

+1 to *using* 'shields and bucklers get +2 and +1 respectively to the armor save' rule. What we found in my group was that the +1 bonus in melee they each got means that a henchman with nothing but a shield gets a 4+ armor save vs most daggers. This tended to mean henchmen either fought with 1 weapon and shield or they dual-wielded with two proper weapons, most commonly hammer and axe. Dual-wielding became an interesting choice, not the no-brainer it once was.

Yep +1 to this...

We also give +1 armour save if the warrior use a shield+1 handed melee weapon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sisters Henchmen Weapons   sisters - Sisters Henchmen Weapons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sisters Henchmen Weapons
Page 1 of 1