Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Anyone played the Mordheimer NIght Goblin rules?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Yodhrin
Knight
Knight
Yodhrin

Trading Reputation : 0

goblin - Anyone played the Mordheimer NIght Goblin rules? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone played the Mordheimer NIght Goblin rules?   goblin - Anyone played the Mordheimer NIght Goblin rules? Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jun 2016 - 9:41

The Greenskin bug has bit me hard, and we're now up to three bands in development at once goblin - Anyone played the Mordheimer NIght Goblin rules? 2194

The Night Goblin rules though really don't seem quite right to me. I played a few test games on my own using counters and they just seem borked - warband-wide animosity on a single D6 roll shifts it from being a flavour rule that generates some lulz to a 1/6 chance to cripple your warband each turn; sure, as the author intended it saves time, but not being able to move, shoot, cast spells or attack in CC with pretty much every model on the table(since "Goblins only" isn't as big an exception as I think the author intends; moving your Squigs without their babysitters is daft and means, functionally, they don't move either if you roll that 1) for a whole turn with that kind of frequency, a tad too far I think.

Fanatics are included but have so many penalties they're not really worth taking even for a laugh; minimum 35gc(inc. weapon) to hire for a standard Goblin profile that can never gain experience and has to be bought Madcap Mushrooms before every battle at 25gc a pop or they can't be used at all. And of course, the mushrooms also mean they have a 1/6 chance of becoming Stupid after every battle.

Has anyone actually played the rules as-written in a campaign? Did you notice any issues related to the above?

My provisional "solutions" are to revert to the standard Animosity rules from the Orc & Goblin warband, and to implement some or all of the following changes to Fanatics(don't want to push them the other way and make them OP) - change no xp gain to half xp gain(ala Ostlander Ogre) and no TLGT; remove the Stupidity test requirement since they're so addled & resistant to Madcaps already; add a Shaman-only skill called "Shroom Farmer" to the warband's Special skills that lets them buy Madcaps for 15gc rather than 25.

Oh, and additionally add the inexplicably missing DHW to the regular equipment list(perhaps with a Big Boss Only stipulation) so folk can actually use the two-handed axe-wielding GW Big Boss model.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
RationalLemming
Etheral
Etheral
RationalLemming

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Anyone played the Mordheimer NIght Goblin rules?   goblin - Anyone played the Mordheimer NIght Goblin rules? Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jun 2016 - 10:52

No, I haven't played them so I cannot respond to your questions/thoughts.

I do want to let you know about the Night Goblin warband that was created by Pathfinder Dubstyles as an alternative to the Terry Maltman version that is on Mordheimer.

https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t1415-night-goblins-new-warband-fixed-broken-link

If I ever get to play Night Goblins then I'll be giving PD's version a try first over the original warband.
Back to top Go down
http://sites.google.com/site/ourhouserules/mordheim
Yodhrin
Knight
Knight
Yodhrin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone played the Mordheimer NIght Goblin rules?   goblin - Anyone played the Mordheimer NIght Goblin rules? Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jun 2016 - 13:05

Huh, seems my Google-fu is weak thanks for that link chief saves me a load of work Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone played the Mordheimer NIght Goblin rules?   goblin - Anyone played the Mordheimer NIght Goblin rules? Icon_minitimeSun 5 Jun 2016 - 15:32

I have yet to use pathfinder's list, but I have played against it in a couple of campaigns. Good fun.

I would recommend NOT using Terry's list.
Back to top Go down
Ewyn

Ewyn

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Anyone played the Mordheimer NIght Goblin rules?   goblin - Anyone played the Mordheimer NIght Goblin rules? Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2016 - 5:39

Been using night goblins myself and I had to remake the warband after a few games using Terry's list after I found a number of discrepancies.

The list I am using currently is the one made by pathfinder (there is a link floating around this forum somewhere). There are a few minor things with it that could use tweaking, but otherwise it works out fairly well.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone played the Mordheimer NIght Goblin rules?   goblin - Anyone played the Mordheimer NIght Goblin rules? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone played the Mordheimer NIght Goblin rules?
Page 1 of 1