Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Rage's Lizardmen

Go down 
+2
Von Kurst
suicidal_rage
6 posters
AuthorMessage
suicidal_rage
Hero
Hero
suicidal_rage

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: none

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2016 - 20:24

Hi all,
Not posted in a long time but just recently got back into some painting. I have a couple of friends who may be interested in learning to play so am painting up a bunch of warbands as options. Here is the first.

I've played lizardmen before and found them fun but a bit strong so good for a newbie. I find it harder to get as much individual character on Lizardmen henchman than with other warbands so just wanted to make them nice and bright.

Skink Priest, just needs to have his base updated
Rage's Lizardmen 20160313
Rage's Lizardmen 20160312

Skink braves just the bows to paint brown and bases to do for 2 of them
Rage's Lizardmen 20160314

This is a close up of the one which is finished so you can see the base which i'll br mimicking in style for the rest
Rage's Lizardmen 20160311

Lastly my first Skink great crest which just needs basing and the spear to be woodified
Rage's Lizardmen 20160310

Left to paint are 2 saurus henchman, 1 saurus hero another skink Brave and the other great crest.

Hope you like them. I've been looking at all the great models on here for years without posting much so glad to add something for once!
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeMon 21 Mar 2016 - 23:56

Nice looking warband thumbsup

I really like the mask on the skink priest. Is it a bit?
Back to top Go down
suicidal_rage
Hero
Hero
suicidal_rage

Personal Info

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeTue 22 Mar 2016 - 8:45

Thanks Von Kurst, yes it's a bit from the saurus cavalry plastic kit. He's my favourite:-)
Back to top Go down
Chief Tugboat
Captain
Captain
Chief Tugboat

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeSat 26 Mar 2016 - 1:31

Really like the bright colors! I applaud the fact that people can paint eyeballs. I've tried maybe twice, and each time they come out crazy. So bravo and I look forward to seeing some more!
Back to top Go down
suicidal_rage
Hero
Hero
suicidal_rage

Personal Info

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeFri 8 Apr 2016 - 20:11

Small update, have done all the finishing touches for these guys and given them nice bases. I've only done bases once before so am quite happy with how they turned out.

Have started 2 of the saurus so will post those next

Rage's Lizardmen 20160410
Back to top Go down
Nordheim
Champion
Champion
Nordheim

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeFri 8 Apr 2016 - 21:42

If you want to make them more different from one another, you could change the painting scheme.
Since it all depends on what spawning pool they're from, If I remember my Lizardman fluff.
Either a completely different, or just paint the fin another color.
They look great though!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeSat 9 Apr 2016 - 13:08

The Lizard Lads look TERRIFIC...a FINE  choice of colors & some GREAT brushwork do their thing. The bases are LOVELY...they do add a lot to a miniature. SPLENDID WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeSat 9 Apr 2016 - 15:30

Nice work on the skinks man. Love the skink priest!
Back to top Go down
suicidal_rage
Hero
Hero
suicidal_rage

Personal Info

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeMon 11 Apr 2016 - 21:05

Thanks for the kind words folks. Nordheim that's a really good idea, I'd like the main colour to stay the same but will try a different fin colour on my next great crest. Maybe a few of the back scales too.
Back to top Go down
Bronze Alchemist
Warrior
Warrior
Bronze Alchemist

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr 2016 - 22:30

Hey bro, the new lizard's are looking good.

I'm still unsure which band I wanna use when u dust off Mordheim.
Back to top Go down
suicidal_rage
Hero
Hero
suicidal_rage

Personal Info

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 8:44

2 new additions to the band.
Totem Warrior
Rage's Lizardmen 20160412

And Saurus Brave
Rage's Lizardmen 20160411

I wanted these guys to look a little darker and a little more natural so shaded the bodies dark and left them unhighlighted, and rather than the red scales that the skins have I went with a natural bone coloured line of back spikes.

I think I'm actually happier with the saurus brave but I wanted to try a different colour shield for the totem Warrior.

Just need tidying up on the bases and they're done. I'd considered lightening up the chest and tum to add a bit more variation in colour but not sure, you can't really see in these pictures. I also wondered about painting the sand brown to make it mote mordheimy but i dont know how that would turn out. What do you think?

Last 2 to paint are one more saurus brave and my other Great Crest. I'm all outta greenstuff so will have to get creative with the bases!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeMon 25 Apr 2016 - 13:31

The Lizard Lads look TERRIFIC...the shields are especially striking. GREAT WORK!   thumbsup
I'd go for the highlighting & painting the sand. The sand has a snow like look as it is now.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeTue 26 Apr 2016 - 4:59

Love the totem warrior, except the gold shield... not sold on that. I never paint my sand, but I think I'd go with Deaf's suggestion. The sand does look white in the photos.
Back to top Go down
suicidal_rage
Hero
Hero
suicidal_rage

Personal Info

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeSat 21 May 2016 - 1:05

Here is my next Great Crest. Really happy with how he turned out. Have tried some blending on the crest which I've not really done before and I nabbed a bit from the saurus cavalry sprue to use as different shield. Will copy this crest onto my other Great Crest so they stand out. I was going to equip this guy with a bow for playing but think he looks badass enough with his sword to warrant some heroic charging instead (kill stealing).

What do you think?

Just one more saurus to go.

Rage's Lizardmen 26531624073_2422108c26_k

Rage's Lizardmen 26529965634_c51192cb24_k
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeSat 21 May 2016 - 2:26

That cavalry kit has some great bitz.  Nice brush work and dynamic pose on the skink.  I put a bow and quiver on mine (to have that Mordhiemy, warrior carrying everything he needs look. But I definitely gave them swords.)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeSat 21 May 2016 - 3:58

LOOKIN' GOOD! The Crest is TERRIFIC, a SPLENDID transition from yellow to orange. The rest of the brushwork is of a similar high standard AND a nice colors choices as well. OUTSTANDING WORK!  thumbsup
Back to top Go down
suicidal_rage
Hero
Hero
suicidal_rage

Personal Info

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jun 2016 - 8:00

Finally finished the last saurus brave. I also re-did the crest of the other skink great crest with the blended orange and red. That is the warband finished for how they will start. Here's a pic of the whole raiding party. I'd started to want to move onto updating my Averlanders but stuck with it to finish off those last few details and i'm glad i did. What do you think? Tips welcome for my next warband.

Rage's Lizardmen 26900007973_f8f0cd62c5_k

Warband will be:
Skink Priest with spear, shield, shortbow and Mark of the old ones 130g
Totem Warrior with sword and shield 75g
Skink Great Crest with spear, shield and javelins 55g
Skink Great Crest with sword, Shield and shortbow 50g
3x Skink Braves with shortbow 75g
2x Saurus Braves with sword and shield 110g
495g

I know that's quite an investment in heroes equipment but I think it's a bit more interesting and i'll be putting together a list for each of my mates to try following a similar style so should balance out.

Averlanders next!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jun 2016 - 14:21

The Lizard Lads, large & small, look TERRIFIC...I LOVE Group Portraits. VERY WELL DONE!   thumbsup
CONGRATULATIONS on finishing them. "Greater is he who conquers himself, than he who conquers a city" seems to be an appropriate quote considering The Band's Mordheim connection. Have FUN with the Averland Guys!   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jun 2016 - 16:24

The starting warband looks great! Now get on to the minimum eleven more you need for a campaign. lol!
Back to top Go down
suicidal_rage
Hero
Hero
suicidal_rage

Personal Info

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jun 2016 - 17:29

Thanks for the kind words. Minimum eleven eh? I'm assuming that's given wisdom to make it competitive rather than rules (unless I've really overlooked something!).

As I'll be convincing some mates to give it a go I'll be sorting out the starting warbands for them and maybe only orcs would reach 11 to start. I like smaller tooled up bands where possible and I don't expect anybody to be particularly competitive so gives me chance to have some fun with all the funky equipment people can start with. Once they (definately) get addicted to this awesome game and start fielding bow filled shadow warriors i'll maybe look to spend my gold a little more wisely Laughing
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jun 2016 - 17:49

Um, ok. I wasn't really thinking of competition, 'cause Mordheim. I was thinking of, like, Mordheim campaigns and how warbands usually naturally grow, and usually over a few games the warband gets bigger, adds equipment, changes equipment, stuff like that and Lizardmen can have a total of 20 models total in the warband, so quite often they DO... Surprised

Our warbands grow even without Shadow Warriors...
Back to top Go down
suicidal_rage
Hero
Hero
suicidal_rage

Personal Info

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeTue 7 Jun 2016 - 19:20

Ohhh I see. Sorry, silly me can't read, yes I will have to paint skinks a lot to get up to the full 20! When I do i'll add em here for all to see.

Edit: hopefully they won't grow too quickly as this lot took me nearly 3 months (painting after the kids are asleep!)
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jun 2016 - 1:41

Quote :
Edit: hopefully they won't grow too quickly as this lot took me nearly 3 months (painting after the kids are asleep!)

I hear you. I have only painted 5 or 6 figures in the last month, without having to worry about children.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rage's Lizardmen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rage's Lizardmen   Rage's Lizardmen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rage's Lizardmen
Page 1 of 1