Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Introduce yourself!

Go down 
+75
OttoSteinroth
Bullvyi The Fell-Handed
Vampire2312
skip
Nipsu
Ingauniapower
Tagnator
wongwyrd
BorisHersch
Sinsyne
Fevz
Ellegaard
ARTU
Ironskar
horsepire
Adam Son Of David
HobbitArtisan
JohannQPeasant
mariner2011
Codsticker
Rhydderch
Jburns272
whisper2053
Grimscull
tbarklay
Lorka
AlfyG
FAB
GameDoc
Sampson97
dabrown
IngoisT™
Athanatosz
mitokun
Daergdhoom
bitxo
Oiche
Adalhein
Falske
Calimbandil
cyphereclipse
Minion
Mordheimer88
Pedrojemivedro
Timothias
GWengerzink
darkmaterials
Rorschenck
lordlucan
Faanku
Tiggurix
Pervavita
Carantur
Matharic
Deutz
gingerlord
Maeglin Tasardur
floedebolle
Korn_Berserker
ratlizardelfguy
mweaver
RationalLemming
Din
haibu
Rhinehard
Skwurl
Alex
umberoguen
Mike
Saluksic
flipchuck
Von Kurst
Ignervius Scumme
DeafNala
medg73
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Faanku
Youngblood
Youngblood
Faanku

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Nov 2014 - 0:00

Mike wrote:
Could you perhaps make a post detailing the operation of an online Mordheim game please?

I made a short guide here, hope it helps!
https://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/t8038-online-campaigns-a-short-guide
Back to top Go down
lordlucan
Hero
Hero
lordlucan

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Dec 2014 - 23:42

Hello everybody.

I'm new here!

I live in the UK and returned to wargaming about a year ago after an absence of about 10 years.

I've been enjoying grown up historical wargaming for the last year but I've been yearning to get all my old WHFB stuff out of the loft.

My local club are starting a Mordheim campaign in January and it's given me all the excuse I need. My beloved dwarves were first out if the loft and a select few have been dusted off, repainted & re-purposed.

I've rambled enough but once I figure out how to add pictures I'll post a few up.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Jan 2015 - 0:33

Hi, lordlucan! WELCOME ABOARD Fearless Leader Tom's Sleep   Yet On Occasion Cool & Inspiring Nonetheless Mordheim Forum. May your stay be LONG & MERRY!   cheers
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Jan 2015 - 16:11

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
lordlucan
Hero
Hero
lordlucan

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Jan 2015 - 19:34

Thanks for the welcome!
Back to top Go down
Mike
Elder
Elder
Mike

Personal Info
Achievements earned:

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 1 Jan 2015 - 19:46

Welcome, lordlucan!
Back to top Go down
Rorschenck
Hero
Hero
Rorschenck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2015 - 18:12

Hey guys. How are we?  Just wanted to say hello and thanks in advance as I'm looking forward to spending some time on this forum. I have been playing Warhammer Fantasy and 40k for over 10 years now.  I live on Long Island in New York and don't have many gaming partners, but the few I do have are the best, but I thought this forum would be a great way to possibly find some other like minded gamers.
 I have collected many different forces over the years and they have come and gone. At the moment I have Dark Elves and Vampire Counts ready for battle in Warhammer Fantasy and Imperial Guard for 40k, although its been a while since I played any 40k.
 Recently I have given in to my urges to pick up a ton of Empire character miniatures. They are just so amazing. Although I don't want to build a full Empire army my buddy suggested we could play Mordheim (which looks awesome btw) and I could put those new minis to good use.
 After reviewing the rules and lists I have decided on a Marienburger warband. I  have some really cool ideas for my back story and just love the way you can give each model a truly unique history and look. I'm in the process of converting a few minis and building some custom bases.  Once I have a few painted I will share some pictures and of course some updates on how they have fared in games.
 Thanks guys.  Look forward to hearing some feedback once I get some more stuff up.  

-RorSchenck
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2015 - 18:38

Hey, RorSchenck! WELCOME ABOARD Fearless Leader Tom's Sleep   Yet Oft Times Cool & Inspiring Nonetheless Mordheim Forum. Have a FUN stay!  cheers

Where on Long Island are you located? I was a Sound Beach Guy until I relocated to Texas a few years ago.  What a Face
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2015 - 19:29

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Rorschenck
Hero
Hero
Rorschenck

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Reiklanders Reiklanders

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jan 2015 - 19:51

DeafNala and Von Kurst thanks for the welcome. DeafNala, I'm from Sayville, Long Island.  About the middle of the island on the bay side.
Back to top Go down
darkmaterials
Champion
Champion
darkmaterials

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 11:25

Hey all...talked my brother into starting with mordheim so we can get some Bro time in. I'm looking to scratch build a board and I'm leaning heavily towards skaven as my warband. Some of the work on here is phenomenal and ill be sure to harass you guys for tips and advice. I'm in the north east of England so shout out if your nearby. DM
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 14:28

Hi, darkmaterials! WELCOME ABOARD Fearless Leader Tom's Sleep   Yet On Occasion Cool & Inspiring Nonetheless Mordheim Forum. May your Stay be LONG $ MERRY!   What a Face

Harass away; we're always glad to pass along a bit of advice...good or bad.   clown

Last edited by DeafNala on Mon 2 Mar 2015 - 15:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
darkmaterials
Champion
Champion
darkmaterials

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 14:54

Well met! Sorry I re-posted this elsewhere, just wasn't sure which place was right
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon 2 Mar 2015 - 15:05

That's okay. We've eliminated the death sentence for double posts. AND taking the time to introduce your self is a GREAT start on The Forum. Have FUN!   What a Face
Back to top Go down
GWengerzink
Youngblood
Youngblood
GWengerzink

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015 - 15:43

Hello I'm Gustav Wengerzink.
I like al kind of non-computer games (RPGs, boardgames, tabletop...) and play them very often.
I also like to tweak the rules for games, mixing in things from other games and create my own expansions. I've had the Mordheim rules for a couple of years now but didn't manage to read them until last year. The world wide web is a good resource to find new ideas and extra rules for the game. Sadly nearly all forums that I visited were updated more than four years ago. I thought nobody played the game anymore until I found this forum YES!!.

Im glad there are still people playing to who I am able to share my thoughts with.
My favourite things with Mordheim are: few figures (more time to paint each one), the RPG element (XP injuries ect.) and TERRAIN (I love to make my own, and of course the 4Ground fabled realms)

Oh yea I am from Germany, living in Sweden (talk both languages), and I am still less than 30 years old Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015 - 16:16

Hey, Gustav. WELCOME to Fearless Leader Tom's  Sleep  Yet On Occasion Cool & Inspiring Nonetheless Mordheim Forum. Have a FUN stay!   What a Face

From the list of your likes, I guess I'll be seeing you on a variety of Sections.   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2015 - 18:32

Welcome to the forum Gustav!
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2015 - 9:04

Welcome!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Timothias
Youngblood
Youngblood
Timothias

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Undead Undead

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2015 - 5:24

Hi All,

I am from Hamilton in New Zealand. I have been playing GW games since I was a little fella when HeroQuest came out, and pretty much been dabbling in Warhammer my whole life. The last 5 years or so have seen me really crank into getting my armies complete and I do a fair bit of gaming these days.

I have an Empire army (more or less 'complete') and an Undead Legions army, all still in boxes except for Nagash, who would accept no confinement of his immortal being.

We recently decided to give Mordheim a try, as the local scene is looking at new things in lieu of WFB changes. I've wanted to give Mordheim a try since it was released, and enjoyed reading about it in White Dwarf back in the day.

My first warband is going to be Undead, to tie in with my new army. Led by the (then) newly turned Konrad von Carstein, and fledging Necromancer Heinrich 'Crazy Eyes' Kemmler, I look forward to bringing insanity and bloodshed to these cursed ruins.

My companions are bringing Skaven, Marienburg Mercs, Sisters of Sigmar, and Druchii to the party.

Because my terrain is focused on the larger tabletop game, I have had to go scouting for good quality yet inexpensive scenery solution for skirmish play. Combining Deep Cut Studio's Cobblestone Playmat with a whole heap of ruin sets from Dave Graffam Models has made for an excellent solution. I am still constructing them, but will post some finished results for you all.

I have a blog. It is mostly WFB but there will be some Mordheim content as our campagin kicks off. I am an occasional poster Smile

Introduce yourself! - Page 4 01
Back to top Go down
http://www.tronhammer.blogspot.com
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2015 - 14:18

Hi Timothias! Your BEAUTIFUL Empire creations make for a FINE introduction. WELCOME ABOARD Fearless Leader Tom's Sleep   Yet On Rare Occasions Cool & Interesting Nonetheless Mordheim Forum. May your stay be LONG & MERRY!   What a Face
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2015 - 19:26

Welcome aboard!

Back to top Go down
Pedrojemivedro
Warrior
Warrior
Pedrojemivedro

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2015 - 21:50

Hi from Prague (CZE ;-))
I am actually painting my heavily converted/scratchbuilded CIRCUS (Carnaval of Chaos) warband... (I love the second process and dislike the first one, because I am so slooow painter..)
Done some buildings (ehm, ruins) and I have a lot of ideas for future projects, but lack of time...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2015 - 22:08

Hi, Pedrojemivedro! WELCOME to Fearless Leader Tom's  Sleep  Yet On Occasion Cool & Interesting Nonetheless Mordheim Forum. May your stay be LONG & MERRY!   What a Face

I can identify. Lately getting the minis all based up, converted, & primed is my thing; the painting seems to take forever, but it feels so good once it's done.   clown
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer88

Mordheimer88

PostSubject: Hello all!!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2015 - 21:37

Hello everyone! Loving this forum!

Just got back in to mordheim after about 15 years out and am desperate for a game!!
I'm based in Brighton in the uk and was wondering if anyone lives or knows of a club close"ish" that plays this fabulous game?
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2015 - 22:37

Welcome! cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself!
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next