Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Mutations & Blessings of Nurgle Questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
s6nculve
Warrior
Warrior
s6nculve

Trading Reputation : 0

Mutations & Blessings of Nurgle Questions Empty
PostSubject: Mutations & Blessings of Nurgle Questions   Mutations & Blessings of Nurgle Questions Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2015 - 8:53

I have a few questions in regards to the Carnival of Chaos Tainted Ones:

Are Blessings of Nurgle Mutations?

Is the second and later Blessings/Mutations paid at double cost; or is the cost increase specific to named Blessings/Mutations. For example, if I buy two Extra Arms and two Great Claws will I pay: Extra Arms [40 gc], Extra Arms [80 gc], Great Claws [50 gc], Great Claws [100 gc]?

Can a Tainted One have more than one of the same Blessing of Nurgle and do they stack?

Are Blessings of Nurgle, or Mutations, subject to Characteristic caps?

If anyone could answer these for me that would be great. Also references to the sources are greatly appreciated. My campaign group and I are fairly new to Mordheim and we're all trying to come to a consensus on these issues. Thank you for your help. Smile

Last edited by s6nculve on Mon 26 Oct 2015 - 19:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mudboy
Champion
Champion
mudboy

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Mutations & Blessings of Nurgle Questions   Mutations & Blessings of Nurgle Questions Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2015 - 16:13

Quote :
Are Blessings of Nurgle Mutations?
No. Nowhere is it stated that they are Mutations

Quote :
Is the second and later Blessings/Mutations paid at double cost; or is the cost increase specific to named Blessings/Mutations. For example, if I buy two Extra Arms and two Great Claws will I pay: Extra Arms [40 gc], Extra Arms [80 gc], Great Claws [50 gc], Great Claws [100 gc]?
I think we might be looking at different versions as there is not any way for them to buy Great Claw or Extra arm mutations anywhere in my version. It sounds like you're mixing it up with the Possessed Mutations from the rulebook. But the Blessings state that the first one is at normal price and any other is double.

Quote :
Can a Tainted One have more than one of the same Blessing of Nurgle and do they stack?
While it's not stated that you can I would'nt allow it in my campaigns. 3W T6 M1 with -4 to hit modifiers is just plain silly Razz

Quote :
Are Blessings of Nurgle, or Mutations, subject to Characteristic caps?
Usually Blessings/Mutations can take a models characteristics above the normal cap as they are extraordinary circumstances.

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
s6nculve
Warrior
Warrior
s6nculve

PostSubject: Re: Mutations & Blessings of Nurgle Questions   Mutations & Blessings of Nurgle Questions Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2015 - 19:07

Quote :

I think we might be looking at different versions as there is not any way for them to buy Great Claw or Extra arm mutations anywhere in my version. It sounds like you're mixing it up with the Possessed Mutations from the rulebook. But the Blessings state that the first one is at normal price and any other is double.

Sorry, I was thinking of the Cult of the Possessed and Mutations.

Quote :

While it's not stated that you can I would'nt allow it in my campaigns. 3W T6 M1 with -4 to hit modifiers is just plain silly Razz

We've been treating Blessings of Nurgle as Mutations so I've been going of the FAQ:

Q: Can you take a multiple of the same mutation so that each one gives you a benefit? For example: Tentacle twice for -1 Attack per tentacle.

A: Yes. However, in order to get three Tentacles, you must first buy the Extra Arm mutation as the Tentacle has to have an arm to grow from. You can have multiples of any of the mutations with cumulative effects. But, remember that a Possessed with say, two Blackbloods costs 180 GC! [Games Workshop Official Mordheim's FAQ]
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:
Achievements earned: none

PostSubject: Re: Mutations & Blessings of Nurgle Questions   Mutations & Blessings of Nurgle Questions Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2015 - 1:01

Quote :

Quote :

+1 to that.

Using the FAQ may be all you have to go by, but that FAQ was published long before the Carnival warband. If you go by what the Carnival warband says (which with a dead game is all we got), the Blessings are diseases and decay not mutations.
Back to top Go down
s6nculve
Warrior
Warrior
s6nculve

PostSubject: Re: Mutations & Blessings of Nurgle Questions   Mutations & Blessings of Nurgle Questions Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2015 - 1:40

Von Kurst wrote:
Quote :

Quote :

While it's not stated that you can I would'nt allow it in my campaigns. 3W T6 M1 with -4 to hit modifiers is just plain silly  Razz

+1 to that.

Using the FAQ may be all you have to go by, but that FAQ was published long before the Carnival warband.  If you go by what the Carnival warband says (which with a dead game is all we got), the Blessings are diseases and decay not mutations.

Okay, fair enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mutations & Blessings of Nurgle Questions   Mutations & Blessings of Nurgle Questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mutations & Blessings of Nurgle Questions
Page 1 of 1