Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Marienburgers Marienburgers
Achievements earned: none

witch - Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign Empty
PostSubject: Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign   witch - Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2015 - 21:49

I played 5 games with my witch hunters and I am already at the limit of people: 14 ( halfling scout and cook book) and I already hired the scout and an ogre as hired swords.

Currently I have 3 witch hunter heroes as range support with crossbows, a warrior priest as close combat priest, a medium range with hunter with pistols and a flagellant hero. In addition I have 3 more flagellants (1 more will be hired when I find a miniatures) and 5 dogs.

When I found a suitbale mini I have another flagellant.

I have not bought yet any lucky charms, rabit foot or armour. So this will follow next. Maybe the merchant as hired sword. An elf or an kislev ranher would ge nice. By the way I occupied a tavern in this map based campaign which cuts my hired sword cost in half ( which is awesome!)

But I also would like to get some input of yours. What would you do with the money after the next games.

Last edited by SerialMoM on Tue 27 Oct 2015 - 8:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign   witch - Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2015 - 4:02

I have the Merchant, he rules in any kind of Sartosa setting. So much money...

I have three crossbow Witch Hunters, the priest and one flagellant hero. My 'pistol' guy also has a blunderbuss (as does one of the crossbows). The blunderbuss has only had one good game. Otherwise nothing, but I have hope.

I have 3 other flagellants and 3 dogs. Someday I will find a Cookbook or hire a halfling. I am running Burn the Witch so I have a Sigmarite Warrior Priest hired sword and a witch hunter hired sword (ok modified Burn the Witch for the Karribean). I also have a beggar and a Leviathan Hunter (from Sartosa).

I keep going back and forth between the Thief or a Tomb Robber. The big bump in warband rating is keeping me from the Thief as I am already ridiculously high for my power level even with the extra priest.

My win/loss ratio is around 50% which is usual for me, especially with a higher rated human band.
Back to top Go down
Caledore
Champion
Champion
Caledore

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign   witch - Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2015 - 13:23

My group doesn't allow the merchant, so I can't speak to that, but the Elf Ranger is a great hired sword. The +1/-1 on an exploration dice is great for trying to get multiples and get the 5s and 6s of a kind. A BS5 Elf Bow with movement 5 is nothing to sneeze at either.

Lucky charms are always a good choice. For armor, you can outfit the crossbow witch hunters relatively cheaply with light armor and shields, since they're unlikely to get into close combat and against ranged it's the same save as heavy armor. If you don't have rope and hooks for your heroes, I'd get those - at just 5 gold a pop, they're cheap, and they can be very helpful.

Holy Relic for the leader is a good idea to auto-pass the first rout check that comes up. They aren't bad for any close combat heroes either if you play against fear-causing enemies.

If I have gold to spare, I like to try my luck at a Mordheim Map for the chance at a Master Map - however, my group doesn't allow Rabbit's Feet to be used in the exploration phase (since they are far too cheap for such a powerful effect and it devalues Master Maps, Wyrdstone Pendulums, and Wyrdstone Hunter). If they're used as written, the Master Map is just a more expensive Rabbit's Foot.
Back to top Go down
Phantasmal_fiend
General
General
Phantasmal_fiend

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign   witch - Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign Icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2015 - 10:38

Because you own the tavern make the most of your cheap hired swords.
Sword smith is a good one for witch hunters with the right skills he can give 3 of your heroes swords cutting edge and make your warhounds only die on the roll of a one.
All of the nemesis crown hired swords that are available are good too if your group uses them.

Once all my heroes have brought Rabbits feet, lucky charms, rope n hook, and healing herbs for heroes with more than one wound.
I would start replacing the dogs with zealots giving them mace, dagger and bow as once they are experienced they are much better than warhounds.
If it was not my primary warband in the campaign i would start buying crimson shade once i have 3 in storage i would start pumping up my fanatic hero.
Dark venom on crossbows is good too if there is not too many undead warbands.
Back to top Go down
Lord 0
Venerable Ancient
Venerable Ancient
Lord 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign   witch - Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2015 - 0:16

Rabbit Foots all round as you planned is a good start, then armour for your leader and Priest. Then a Brazier Iron and Hammer of Witches for your Priest.

Do you have your Warrior Priest configured as a multi-attacker or a monster-killer or a hybrid of the two?
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign   witch - Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2015 - 7:29

Thanks for your input. I will take more hired swords, next one will be an elf I think.

@warrioir priest.
currently he has strongman and mighty blow and a two handed weapon for S6. and the spell armour of rightenous. I think I can get an holy book for him. I wish I could give him multiple attacks, but we will see what the next level ups will bring. Brazier iron and hammer of witches. This will be difficult because I use the priest of the duo Johan and Wilhelm and we have a quite strict wysiwyg policy for weapons. Maybe I can take the hammer for the belt somehow, but the brazier iron is a no go.
My priest has S6 to negate armour, because we have increased armour potency by starting to negate armour with S5 and by decreasing costs to 10 gc for light armour and 35 gc for heavy armour.

My leader will be range combat, one witch hunter a combination of ranged and close combat ( crossbow and two handed weapon), another a combination of range combat and academic bost and the third one is medium range combat support as pistolier. I am still thinking if I should let another flagellant become a hero, when I get the result, because if I do I will lack range combat support.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Phantasmal_fiend
General
General
Phantasmal_fiend

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Beastmen (EIF) Beastmen (EIF)

PostSubject: Re: Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign   witch - Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign Icon_minitimeMon 26 Oct 2015 - 21:58

A shooting hero is easy to replicate with hired swords.
But combat heroes (especially ones with 90xp) can dominate the game.
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign   witch - Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2015 - 1:09

I hate the crossbow and two handed weapon for a witch hunter. But now that you mention it, if my pistol guy had better WS than 2 and more than 1 attack, I would consider the two-hander.  Tomas has 3 wounds and Step Aside, he might do some damage even always striking last...

The Captain, the Priest and Flagellants are really your only melee options for Witch Hunters as the witch hunter guys can't get Strength skills.

Oh, and MoM, the Hammer of Witches IS a book. Both in the game and, like, for real. You may know it as Der Hexenhammer.
Back to top Go down
SerialMoM
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
SerialMoM

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign   witch - Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign Icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2015 - 7:25

Thank you both. I really will think about a second flagellant hero, if I am lucky enough to promote one.

@Hammer of witches: Now I learnt something new. This is awesome! I need this book! Twice! I
But on the other hand, I will only hate the one skaven warband in the campaign. Maybe I buy this later.

I am not sure if this campaign will last so long that heroes will be able to reach 90.
experience points, but 60 maybe possible.

After the battle against the Skaven, my pistol guy now can learn weapons expert and use two duelling pistols. Maybe a I lost an flagellant but cannot buy this guy back, because
I did not found enough experienced fighters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign   witch - Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Development of witch hunter in mid end / end campaign
Page 1 of 1