Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Frostgrave cultists

Go down 
+4
DeafNala
Citizen Sade
Jedfordski
Wyrdstone Dave
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wyrdstone Dave
Warlord
Warlord
Wyrdstone Dave

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Ostlanders Ostlanders
Achievements earned: none

Frostgrave cultists Empty
PostSubject: Frostgrave cultists   Frostgrave cultists Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2015 - 2:41

I've see Northstar are releasing a box of 20 plastic cultists.

http://www.beastsofwar.com/frostgrave/plastic-set-announced-frostgrave-cultists-coming/

I bought their plastic warriors set and was impressed. The cover art for this one looks good and will be another must-buy.

Back to top Go down
Jedfordski
Knight
Knight
Jedfordski

Trading Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Frostgrave cultists   Frostgrave cultists Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2015 - 13:43

Looks promising. Although a little too late now that I've completed my Cult warband :/
Back to top Go down
Citizen Sade
Ancient
Ancient
Citizen Sade

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Frostgrave cultists   Frostgrave cultists Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2015 - 13:55

There's lots of Frostgrave posts and interest over on the Lead Adventure Forum. In one, a chap from the company releasing these cultists gave some more information which might be of interest.

nicknorthstar wrote:
“… frame of 5 bodies (not split torsos) with separate heads and weapon arms.

The heads and weapons are all naughty boy type of stuff, trying to look evil, you know what they are like. There are also lots of evil bits, chains and skulls and a vial with something nasty in it etc. This time though there isn't as much arm variant, there are more hand variants. So instead of an arm with a buckler on it, it's just a hand. This requires more modelling that the first set as you'll have to cut a hand off the left arm to glue a different one on.

You will get enough weapons to make two warbands out of the Cultist box set to accompany your evil wizard. But here's the ace thing. All the heads and arms are inter-changeable with box set one. So you can use some of the spare arms from your Soldiers box set to give more variety to your Cultists and vice-versa.

We've cut back on packs and ropes etc in the Cultist box set, but you can of course use the ones you have in box set one.

… There are 4 undead heads and 3 sets of Undead arms on the frame as well. With these extra bits, you can turn your plastic Soldier or Cultist into a proper Frostgrave Skeleton or Zombie!”
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Frostgrave cultists   Frostgrave cultists Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2015 - 14:53

The Cultists do look SPLENDID even if the mini maker is not open to criticism about them & got a bit obnoxious when he received some. Be that as it may, Frost Grave is popular enough over on Lead Adventure Forum to warrant their own sub-forum...which is wonderful for the rest of the Fantasy Forumites. I put a link to it in the other Frost Grave Thread, but here it is again:

http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?board=92.0

clown
Back to top Go down
Caledore
Champion
Champion
Caledore

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Witch Hunters Witch Hunters

PostSubject: Re: Frostgrave cultists   Frostgrave cultists Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2015 - 20:28

I'd love to use these to supplement my Possessed warband, though judging by one of the comments it sounds like the scale may be too small.

Anyone have other models in the Frostgrave range who can speak to the scale compared to Mordheim?
Back to top Go down
maxxev
Ancient
Ancient
maxxev

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Dwarfs Dwarfs

PostSubject: Re: Frostgrave cultists   Frostgrave cultists Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2015 - 20:58

Heads and hands plenty big enough, figures themselves are likely too big, but honestly the scale is a little off, you could get away with extending the legs.
Back to top Go down
Http://maxxev.blogspot.co.uk
Wyrdstone Dave
Warlord
Warlord
Wyrdstone Dave

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Frostgrave cultists   Frostgrave cultists Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2015 - 23:59

I have the current plastic box set of Frostgrave Soldiers. They look compatible in scale with GW plastics to me, though I haven't built any yet. The boides are all dressed in bulky clothing, because of the Frostgrave setting, which makes them look a bit bigger.
Back to top Go down
WarbossKurgan
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
WarbossKurgan

Personal Info
Achievements earned: None

PostSubject: Re: Frostgrave cultists   Frostgrave cultists Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2015 - 10:54

Wyrdstone Dave wrote:
I have the current plastic box set of Frostgrave Soldiers. They look compatible in scale with GW plastics to me, though I haven't built any yet. The boides are all dressed in bulky clothing, because of the Frostgrave setting, which makes them look a bit bigger.
When you have built one can you post a comparison photo with a Mordheim model please? Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.flameon.co.uk
Wyrdstone Dave
Warlord
Warlord
Wyrdstone Dave

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Frostgrave cultists   Frostgrave cultists Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2015 - 5:30

Frostgrave cultists Compar12

Here you go. They compare pretty well I think.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Frostgrave cultists   Frostgrave cultists Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2015 - 13:27

They do match up quite nicely; the attached base would be easy enough to remove also. Thanks for the comparison photo, Dave!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Matharic
Warrior
Warrior
Matharic

PostSubject: Re: Frostgrave cultists   Frostgrave cultists Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2015 - 22:09

Thanks for the comparison photo Dave, I've been tracking these for a while as I don't (yet) have a cult warband.

DeafNala: That's a shame he's been a bit obnoxious on Lead adventure, he was in a generious mood at his stall at the Other Partizan, giving me a bit of a discount whilst I was fishing for change for their Ronin figs.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Frostgrave cultists   Frostgrave cultists Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2015 - 22:26

Matharic wrote:
DeafNala: That's a shame he's been a bit obnoxious on Lead adventure, he was in a generious mood at his stall at the Other Partizan, giving me a bit of a discount whilst I was fishing for change for their Ronin figs.

No one is sweetness & light all the time. Whenever I form a negative opinion of someone, I am delighted to be proven wrong...I'd like to think that this is another instance of my misjudgment.   What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frostgrave cultists   Frostgrave cultists Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frostgrave cultists
Page 1 of 1