Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordheim Discussion

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterBlogYou'll never paint aloneLog inGolden Tom 2014 Thread!

Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nasse
Hero
Hero
Nasse

Trading Reputation : 0

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Averlanders Averlanders
Achievements earned: none

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Empty
PostSubject: Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven)   Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Icon_minitimeFri 7 Aug 2015 - 20:22

Hello, I last posted here somewhere around 2012, it seems. I've been on and off modelling in general,  but my local club has been on a Mordheim kick ever since before AoS became real, and I've gotten back into it too. Sadly my modelling skills haven't improved much since, but here are my multiple warbands under construction.

First up, the Dwarfs. I actually had a pretty succesful warband with them in 2013-2014, but I've since started to dislike the minis I made, so here are some "new" ones:

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Dx2S9MW

The heroes of the group, Slayer, Noble with sword, pistol and shield, Engineer with Crossbow and sword, and another slayer.

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) EQJKcVl

Some Thunderers. My starting warband has two thunderers with pistols and hammers.

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) WKsQg5y

Youngbeards with halberds, maybe? I just felt like making Bretonnian dwarfs.

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) X213Zpr

And an extra Thunderer with a crossbow.

Second, Averland Mercenaries. They're currently my most advanced warband with seven games played, most of them lost.

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) TZDDWqa

Here are the heroes of the band, 3 mountain guard, the sergeant and two bergjägers.
The halberdier actually got promoted.

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) UpImNMx

And these are the halfling scouts. Sam here is actually my current leader because my captain died trying to backstab a possessed warband.
I've ordered some Halfling figures but they're still on their way.

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) ZfGlQJA

A moment of silence for those lost  Crying or Very sad My captain made from an elf hero with a sword, a blunderbuss marksman who has so far never been used, and youngblood with a spear and buckler, who died. I currently hired a new one with a bow and an axe I found off a corpse, but haven't modelled one yet.

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) ZJMPYXa

Another view of the captain I loved so well.

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) ZoTd45G

And here we have some random bowmen I originally made for my Averland Expeditionary force but never used.
I kind of want to start a middenheim merc group as I love their fluff, and the accessory sprue they have.

Third, Skaven. I felt like playing something with high Iniative and lots of spears. And evil. Evil, evil.

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) H2UlLAX

Pictured is my assassin, a giant rat, Sorcerer, and a verminkin with a spear and shield making a pose. I used the skeleton hand for the sorcerer to represent all kinds of weird magical experiments those vermin play on each other, and sculpted the tatters of a sleeve on with green stuff.
There isn't a lot to show of these guys, as the most special thing about them are their bases. Haven't painted them yet. I'm using metal stormvermin as my black skaven, and otherwise the warband is built of mainly just a box of night runners and clanrats (the old kind).

And I'll just sneak in a little bit of terrain here too:

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) CJ5eSuv

A picture from our club the other weekend. Wanted to show off the two foam platforms I made to get some sort of a height difference on the table, though with them guess where the fight always concentrates Razz

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Ci1IAU8
Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) IFXFMgV

Here's a house I spent four days on making.

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) WKm70JK

Last but not least, a graveyard I am working on currently.

I also got a rat ogre and the war chief from the Island of blood to add to my skaven collection, I'm going to convert the war chief to wield Fighting Claws probably. Hopefully I'll get to painting these soon. I'm always looking for new warbands to start too. Just won an auction for the Sisters of Sigmar starter pack, actually.
Back to top Go down
The Black Flame
Champion
Champion
The Black Flame

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Skaven Skaven

PostSubject: Re: Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven)   Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Icon_minitimeFri 7 Aug 2015 - 21:23

These guys all look really cool, I especially like the Brettonian Dwarf, he looks suited to tunnel fighting in dwarven holds. Those big Bret shields really fit the aesthetic. Very Happy

The terrain is looking sweet too, nice to see some of the old card buildings in there too Smile
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Trading Reputation : 3

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven)   Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Icon_minitimeSat 8 Aug 2015 - 14:06

Welcome back!

Lots of eye candy in your post. I really like the Averlanders. Well done!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Trading Reputation : 9

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Orcs & Goblins Orcs & Goblins

PostSubject: Re: Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven)   Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Icon_minitimeSat 8 Aug 2015 - 15:22

WELCOME BACK! Not much happened while you were away.   cheers 
The Lads of Various Heights, Types, Stages of Completeions are SPLENDID LOOKING; AND your terrain is OUTSTANDING! GREAT WORK all around!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Nasse
Hero
Hero
Nasse

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven)   Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Icon_minitimeMon 10 Aug 2015 - 20:58

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) R7twwtc

A sneak peek to what I've been doing hobby-wise lately. For some reason I haven't got an inspiration to paint my stunties right now Crying or Very sad
(Those of you who have played Mordheim Multiplayer might guess what this is going to be)

There's a new hobby shoppe that opened over in the next town and I went to visit; unfortunately they mostly do Games Workshop by order only. I did pick up a box of Hexwraiths/Black Knights. Wonder what could I do with those?
Also have been ordering old plastics and metal miniatures. These days I'm mostly thinking of using EVERYTHING in Mordheim rather than for Fantasy Battles though.
Got a nice-ish deal on some more Sisters of Sigmar and Reiklanders and Marienburgers. Will probably post pictures of the loot when they arrive!
Edit: I forgot this bloke. I like how he looks right now but I'm at a loss as to what do for his arms.
Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Aumm1310
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven)   Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Icon_minitimeMon 10 Aug 2015 - 23:04

COOL STUFF! The Ruins have sinister potential; AND the Rotund Rogue has a lot of personality/character. Have FUN with them both!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven)   Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2015 - 3:05

Quote :
(Those of you who have played Mordheim Multiplayer might guess what this is going to be)

The Pool?

Looking good!

For arms you could look at the arms that come with the figure and trim Empire arms similarly. Or just use arms that come with the Brettonian sprue.
Back to top Go down
Nasse
Hero
Hero
Nasse

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven)   Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2015 - 7:30

Von Kurst wrote:
Quote :

The Pool?

Looking good!

For arms you could look at the arms that come with the figure and trim Empire arms similarly.  Or just use arms that come with the Brettonian sprue.

Indeed! I got a bottle of Vallejo Still Water and can't wait to try it out.
I'm hoping to do something special with the fat bloke, think I'm waiting to get a hobby drill (or miraculously find the one I lost) and try to make him a halberd out of a cocktail stick...
Back to top Go down
Nasse
Hero
Hero
Nasse

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven)   Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Icon_minitimeWed 12 Aug 2015 - 16:01

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) FmYUYpI
Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) X0KlupL

I got some of my Mordheim-related orders today. Yay!

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) 7GsZWtQ
Also progress on the fat bloke - I got a new hobby drill and something I've never had before: a tape measure that has inches on it! It's wonderful how far bumming things off others can get you in life.
Back to top Go down
Nasse
Hero
Hero
Nasse

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven)   Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2015 - 21:28

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) BaOEse1
Got my first "real" Mordheim mercenaries today, yay!
Gonna start painting everything this week, but I'm also still building my Middenheimers (including a wolf priest of Ulric) after War Cry 2015 this weekend.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven)   Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2015 - 21:35

Your Bands of Rogues should be able to flex some muscle soon with all those FINE additions. Have FUN with the paining & enjoy War Cry!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
floedebolle
Honour Guard
Honour Guard
floedebolle

Trading Reputation : 2

Personal Info
Primary Warband played: Possessed Possessed

PostSubject: Re: Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven)   Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2015 - 21:38

Nice kit bashing here, thumbs up!

Bob Parkhurst: Take it!
[she undoes her shirt - exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Von Kurst
Distinguished Poster
Distinguished Poster
Von Kurst

Personal Info
Primary Warband played:

PostSubject: Re: Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven)   Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2015 - 2:28

That head totally changes the Fat Bloke's personality. Good choice.

Have fun with your purchases.
Back to top Go down
Nasse
Hero
Hero
Nasse

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven)   Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2015 - 0:10

No painting as of yet, even the pool's not done yet. I've started on a lot more figures and another terrain project though!
(I also organized all my fantasy bits into 5 cases for easier browsing)
Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) IcrvFKm
These figures are for Mordheim, the cannon is for my empire army.

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) KJjKOaR
Here we have a member of the fabled Gryphon legion working as a Freelancer in Mordheim.

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) ZoK3gar
A very heretical Dwarf, I got him with the shield on from a friend and added chainmail and cloth on his back.

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) 136O2on
An illustrious Bretonnian Knight joins the fray!

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Mfap3Ii
He was just a regular "great weapon" wielding knight, but with a bit of green stuff and a shield bit from the bretonnian archers sprue he became captain Boris Von Middenheim on horse!
I'll be adding baggage and his shield on the horse once I get to making that.

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Tl8sKmk
And here we have the finalized fat bloke, A.K.A. Youngblood Emil.

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) 0XAVgik
Also the largest bit of terrain I've made or seen in real life yet: an approximation of Count Steinhart's Palace from the Mordheim map! (I need to buy a lot more foamcore, and I probably won't make the towers at the corners at all).

Thanks for all your replies, they let me know people want to see more! Expect to see something of a full metal Beastmen Warband here soon, as I should be getting yet another shipment on Friday.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven)   Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2015 - 0:22

You always seem to have something interesting in the works. When the painting catches up, you will have an IMPRESSIVE collection of cool stuff. GREAT & INTERESTING WORK!   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Nasse
Hero
Hero
Nasse

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven)   Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2015 - 19:31

Thanks! I got the other bunch of stuff today so here's what I'll be using as models for my Beastmen Warband:

Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) HNRdPdU

I also have a bunch of plastic Gor from around the 6th edition if/when I need to go beyond 11 models.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala
Admin
Admin
DeafNala

Personal Info

PostSubject: Re: Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven)   Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Icon_minitimeFri 21 Aug 2015 - 19:42

The Beasty Boys add another twist to your gangs...this is definitely a SPLENDID thread to follow.   thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven)   Skaven - Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nasse's new Warbands (Dwarfs, Mercs, Skaven)
Page 1 of 1